Huge sale on Cubase 10 - 50% off for new purchases or crossgrades

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

reggie1979 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:33 pm Besides, doesn't the first version of Cubase usually have a lot of bugs that need squashing? Be ashame to wait all that time and have that happen.
huh? this is version 10. but yes, its true, its usually risky to upgrade to .0 and better to wait for .5
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

this is 10.0.2, it's not a .0 version. I don't know what build it is, but it's at least at '2'.

jancivil wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:51 pm this is 10.0.2, it's not a .0 version. I don't know what build it is, but it's at least at '2'.
Wearing my pedant hat I have to say not "2" but "20". :)

aha
there is at least a .10, a .15 and now a .20
:party:

10 came out in November of 2018. Half a year so far for bug squashing.

Where are the Cubase demo songs?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

reggie1979 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:33 pm Besides, doesn't the first version of Cubase usually have a lot of bugs that need squashing? Be ashame to wait all that time and have that happen.
You can run an earlier version of Cubase than your licence authorises. It seems the next paid upgrade to Cubase will be 10.5 and it will feature video rendering. If you wait until the grace period starts for 10.5 before activating your purchase, you can run the latest version of Cubase 10 but will automatically have your licence upgraded to 10.5 once 10.5 is released and you run the 'Maintenance' procedure in eLicenser Control Center.

felis wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:12 pm I don't play cat and mouse games. If I buy something, it's because I want to use it, so I activate it right away.
Too many things to go wrong otherwise.
I'm the same - if I buy a licence, I buy it to use and register it straight away.

Yeah, me too. I may get the .5, but it's unlikely I'll go further. I've been spoiled with Logic.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

v1o wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:27 am Where are the Cubase demo songs?
Go to the Dowloads page on Steinbergs site.

Googly Smythe wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 9:34 am
I take that back - it used to be there but no longer. :dog:

Speaking of content... when you first download and use the trial, then later buy and activate it, do you need to re-download the full version (to get extra stuff) or is the trial the full version with all the content? Reason I ask is because the download size looked to be the same...but I expected a demo not to include it all.

Trial = full version.

Yeah, the trial version is exactly the application, only with a license that's going to end.
and, it doesn't just crash itself after the 30 days, it will just not start on day 31 after you quit out.

Googly Smythe wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:19 pm
Googly Smythe wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 9:34 am

I take that back - it used to be there but no longer. :dog:
What I bummer. Logic usually comes with commercial songs from the likes of Beck and Lilly Allen as demo songs. I feel that demo songs are quite educational, especially for all the newbies to production who’ll be picking up Cubase Elements.
Last edited by v1o on Thu May 23, 2019 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

David W wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:00 am
RikkShow wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:43 am How do you do that? Can you register the serial# at Steinberg but wait to activate it? Is two steps like that or does it get activated as soon as you register the serial (getting a serial from 3rd party vendor)
You keep the Activation Code and do not enter it in eLicenser Control Center until the announced grace period for the next version of Cubase has started. When the next version of Cubase has released, run the Maintenance option in eLicenser Control Center and the licence should update for that next version.

If you want to be super safe, wait until the next version of Cubase has released, then enter it in eLicenser Control Center.

The problem with this is that you have no idea if the Activation Code you have is valid until you try to use it. I think you can enter an Activation Code in eLicenser Control Center, let the product details display and then press Cancel, but there is a danger that this will either register the code with Steinberg or, worse still, invalidate it.

Another danger is that an unused Activation Code can be used by anyone that gets their hands on it. A licence is safer if it has been applied to an eLicenser which is registered against your My Steinberg account (and that My Steinberg account is secure - i.e. you have control over the e-mail address used for your My Steinberg account and you have set a secure My Steinberg password).

I chose to activate the full licence of Cubase Pro 10 that I bought in the sale immediately - I wanted to use the software now, though I realise this means I will have to pay for an upgrade if I want to use the next version. I can understand why those buying a version upgrade from 9.5 might choose to wait; those who are still happy with 9.5 around six months after 10 released can buy a version upgrade cheap in the sale now and use it for the next version of Cubase in around 6 months' time.
Thanks for the explanation. I bought a retail copy which is sealed in plastic wrapping. The chances of someone stealing my activation code are minimal and I have all my receipts in case of any issues.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”