Reason 10.4 out

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Monotone Pro Expansion (Monotone Presets) Reason 12

Started up Reason and noticed an update..

Reason 10.4 / Reason 10.4 Intro / Reason 10.4 Lite Release Notes
Added Monotone Bass Synthesizer, a new bass synth device that's cross-compatible with Reason Compact
Added Rytmik Drum Machine, a new drum device that's cross-compatible with Reason Compact
Made a change on Windows to allow certain VST plugins incompatible with Reason 10.3 compatible again
Made a change on Windows to allow certain ASIO drivers incompatible with Reason 10.3 compatible again
Fixed a bug where the sustain pedal would no longer work with RPG-8
Fixed a bug where panning a signal completely right with a VST effect could cause the signal to cut out
Fixed a bug on Windows where CV inputs on the Combinator would not behave as expected

Monotone bass synth? :hihi:

Hm... With a quick test, Monotone is very basic and not suitable for psybass. No osc retrigger and only one envelope for filter. Making some basic detuned saw wobbling is fast but.. Meh.

Rytmik is just another sample player. Though it's nice to have everything in one package. EQ, distortion, delay and reverb per sound and master fx. With more playing (while writing this), Rytmik is actually quite nice little tool. Way faster than Kong if you just want to finger drum.

They updated Reason compact and added those instruments to Reason as well.

Blaster wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:05 am They updated Reason compact and added those instruments to Reason as well.
I pretty much understood from this part:
Distorted Horizon wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 9:34 am Reason 10.4 / Reason 10.4 Intro / Reason 10.4 Lite Release Notes
Added Monotone Bass Synthesizer, a new bass synth device that's cross-compatible with Reason Compact
Added Rytmik Drum Machine, a new drum device that's cross-compatible with Reason Compact

Reason - a collection of mediocre synths and basic sample players, with a rear view.

I re-demoed it briefly the other day - for me CPU load has not improved.

Uninstalled, and not going to bother any more.

Collection of great synths, great samplers n stuff and top notch playground for making noise. The best there is :tu:

perfumer wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:30 am Reason - a collection of mediocre synths and basic sample players, with a rear view.

is there any way WE can hear some of your music?

then WE will be able to understand your comment(s) better... right?

neverenoughfunk wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:49 pm
perfumer wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:30 am Reason - a collection of mediocre synths and basic sample players, with a rear view.

[sarcasm]

Yeah, because all the top Grammy and Billboard winners are producing in Reason.

[/sarcasm]

Wrong. It has nothing to do with my lack of musical talent. I've been following Reason's progress since version 2, so I'm painfully well aware what it is and isn't. If you don't like my opinion - that's OKAY.

ictools wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 2:24 pm

[sarcasm]

[/sarcasm]
This discussion about music quality is always super weird to me. We're in a world where you can make amazing music with most tools. There are Reason users who are full-time producers, working with Max Martin and have more Billboard toppers than I can count. And there are Reason users who make weird noises in their basement that'd be offensive to most humans. And everything in between. Even then, "good music" is subjective.

I think it doesn't really matter. If you think Reason has mediocre devices, that's fine. If you think Reason has the best devices in the world, that's also fine. Opinions are personal so it's a bit insulting to go "you're not entitled to your opinion unless your music sounds amazeballs to me". At least that's what I think :party:

Any opinion of those new.. Devices? 😅

Anosou wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:18 pm
This discussion about music quality is always super weird to me. We're in a world where you can make amazing music with most tools. There are Reason users who are full-time producers, working with Max Martin and have more Billboard toppers than I can count. And there are Reason users who make weird noises in their basement that'd be offensive to most humans. And everything in between. Even then, "good music" is subjective.

I think it doesn't really matter. If you think Reason has mediocre devices, that's fine. If you think Reason has the best devices in the world, that's also fine. Opinions are personal so it's a bit insulting to go "you're not entitled to your opinion unless your music sounds amazeballs to me". At least that's what I think :party:
Well said, it really doesn't matter what tools you use to create music.

I do have to commend the free gift of new instruments in an incremental update, which isn't seen much from other companies. It's also a new step for Propellerheads and maybe new horizons on the way.

Anosou wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:18 pm
ictools wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 2:24 pm

[sarcasm]

[/sarcasm]

you always go on a tangent with your responses...

the "actual" music will give US a reference point for ones opinion(s)...

i.e. there are some who has an opinion but never finished a song... right?

p.s. NO!!! one's music does not have to sound amazing... but it should sound like one knows his/her way around a DAW... right? maybe? have to think about it? :party:

Wow.

Distorted Horizon wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:49 pm Any opinion of those new.. Devices? 😅
The new Monotone bass synth is basic, but it gets the job done. It's quick to get results, IMHO. The presets that come with it are useful. This is something that works great on my phone. On the desktop, I can see getting some use out of it.

Rytmik is as basic as it gets as far as being a drum rompler. I doubt I'd use it on the desktop, but getting things started on my phone is pretty cool. I'm pretty disappointed that it doesn't sample (which is a huge missed opportunity IMHO). I do like the placement of the pads - it's super easy to finger drum.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”