Springs - Vintage Spring Reverb + Baxandall EQ - Update v1.3.2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Springs

Springs is a plugin which features a collection of vintage spring reverbs paired with an authentic Baxandall EQ emulation.

Springs features emulations from 17 types of spring reverbs, ranging from a long 6-spring pipe to a tiny battery-powered single-spring unit. We have used a combination of convolution and modelling to recreate the vintage character of each reverb.

Details
  • Price: $69 / €69 (VAT inc.)
  • 17 Vintage Spring Reverbs
  • Baxandall EQ (three bands)
  • 80 Presets
  • Preset randomizer
  • Formats: VST, VST3, AU, AAX, CLAP (64bit only!)
  • Minimum Requirements: OS X 10.9, Windows 7, Ubuntu 20.04
iOS: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/springs-v ... 1662610743

SoundCloud Demo: https://soundcloud.com/audiothing/sets/springs

Video Overview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg9Rq0IZvxo

Product Page: https://www.audiothing.net/effects/springs/
Last edited by audiothing on Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:42 pm, edited 10 times in total.
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

The Jamaican demo sounded great! This has a very different vibe from Twangstrom which is more of an Accusonics guitar amp tank vibe. Bought!

This sounds absolutely incredible. You guys delivered. I sort of wish there a 'really short' option as well. I'm buying this after lunch!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:53 pm The Jamaican demo sounded great! This has a very different vibe from Twangstrom which is more of an Accusonics guitar amp tank vibe. Bought!
Thanks! Some of the reverbs we have modelled have accutronics tanks (like the GBS), but used in a very different way compared to a standard guitar amp reverb :)

functionform wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:08 pm This sounds absolutely incredible. You guys delivered. I sort of wish there a 'really short' option as well. I'm buying this after lunch!
Thank you! I'll think about it. Usually in hardware spring reverbs, the "time" or "decay" control is just an input/output volume control. Using the 'short' setting and lowering either the Input or the Wet signal might work for your needs.
Last edited by audiothing on Thu May 23, 2019 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Very nice plugin :)
Congratulation for the release !

sinkmusic wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:33 pm Very nice plugin :)
Congratulation for the release !
Thank you! :)

Hi

Very nice sound - I will buy this based on the 'Jamaican' sound demo.

You might want to fix your post in the GS Hot Deals section it shows

Intro Price: $49 (reg. $49) :D

original flipper wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:32 pm Hi

Very nice sound - I will buy this based on the 'Jamaican' sound demo.
Thanks, enjoy :)

jbarish wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:17 pm You might want to fix your post in the GS Hot Deals section it shows

Intro Price: $49 (reg. $49) :D
Oh, I didn't post that, I'll send them a message. Thanks for the heads up.

functionform wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:08 pm This sounds absolutely incredible. You guys delivered. I sort of wish there a 'really short' option as well. I'm buying this after lunch!
I have all the other Audiothing plugins though alas not having a variable time parameter (other than just 'long' or 'short') is something that I think I'd miss too much in a reverb to consider purchasing. Shame as everything else looks grand.....

mcbpete wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 5:15 pmI have all the other Audiothing plugins though alas not having a variable time parameter (other than just 'long' or 'short') is something that I think I'd miss too much in a reverb to consider purchasing. Shame as everything else looks grand.....
As said earlier, in hardware spring reverbs, even if you see a time/decay control, that's just an input/output control, a filter, or some kind of compander on the wet signal. You can't physically change the size of the springs on the fly, but you can dampen them or drive less/more if needed.
That being said, the reason why there are only 2 decay settings it's due to the limit of convolution. Having a variable time control won't be practical and fast enough for real-time tweaking.
Last edited by audiothing on Sat May 25, 2019 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The inbuilt compressor is a nice "traditional" option for increasing the effective decay time. I guess an extra-short tank option would be the the way of increasing the range of accessible times while keeping in the spirit of this plugin.

And now we know what happened to that Baxandall EQ you were teasing us with!

imrae wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:08 am The inbuilt compressor is a nice "traditional" option for increasing the effective decay time. I guess an extra-short tank option would be the the way of increasing the range of accessible times while keeping in the spirit of this plugin.
That makes sense yes. I'll think about it.
imrae wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:08 am And now we know what happened to that Baxandall EQ you were teasing us with!
Yeah :) that project got postponed for so long that I thought it would make sense to add it to Springs.
Anyway, I've already got so many requests for a separate Baxandall EQ plugin that it's probably going to happen soon :)

Return to “Effects”