Reason 10.3 is out ...and it's awesome!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No, you are completely mistaken in thinking it's normal that individual takes are normally referring to indivual seperate files! You are simply totally wrong in regards to this! That's NOT how it normally works!

And no, "gluing" seperate files together is NOT AT ALL the same as it being on continous file to begin with! Get yourself informed for Christ's sake!

And yes, it's different from what I prefer and need and it would be the same for most others who do a lot of audio-recording - it's just a weird restriction that is a HUGE handicap and PITA when working with audio.

Here is something I just don't get:

Why do you fanbois always have the need to argue it if somehow voices some critique regarding your favourite tool, regardless of how valid this critique may ever be? Hint: mine was pretty darn valid, and voiced politely, reasonably and to the point - yet you can't just stay out of it (because let's be honest: you obviously simply have no clue when it comes to audio-recording as you never seem to use it yourself) or say "well good point - changing that would improve Reason a lot for those who record audio" - nope - instead you have to argue like the saddest knowitall what I said, as it if was ME instead of YOU who doesn't know what he is talking about. Seriously: why? It's as if I insulted your momma or something.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 12:41 pm Why do you fanbois always have the need to argue it if somehow voices some critique regarding your favourite tool, regardless of how valid this critique may ever be? Hint: mine was pretty darn valid, and voiced politely, reasonably and to the point - yet you can't just stay out of it (because let's be honest: you obviously simply have no clue when it comes to audio-recording as you never seem to use it yourself) or say "well good point - changing that would improve Reason a lot for those who record audio" - nope - instead you have to argue like the saddest knowitall what I said, as it if was ME instead of YOU who doesn't know what he is talking about. Seriously: why? It's as if I insulted your momma or something.
Counterpoint: this conversation was actually pretty constructive until you turned it into an ad hominem.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

jens wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 12:41 pmAnd no, "gluing" seperate files together is NOT AT ALL the same as it being on continous file to begin with! Get yourself informed for Christ's sake!
You do realise we're talking about computer sequencers and when you have several clips lined up on tracks then from user's point of view it doesn't matter if they're single file or multiple files? Why are you so hung up on single file? If Reason wanted to provide slip-edit for takes, they'd simple "merge" the separate files on-the-fly / behind-the-scenes so for the user that'd be indistinguishable from a single file.
jens wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 12:41 pmAnd yes, it's different from what I prefer and need and it would be the same for most others who do a lot of audio-recording - it's just a weird restriction that is a HUGE handicap and PITA when working with audio.
Sure, I get that but this functionality doesn't require takes to be stored in single file.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

jens wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 12:41 pmWhy do you fanbois always have the need to argue it if somehow voices some critique regarding your favourite tool, regardless of how valid this critique may ever be? Hint: mine was pretty darn valid, and voiced politely, reasonably and to the point - yet you can't just stay out of it (because let's be honest: you obviously simply have no clue when it comes to audio-recording as you never seem to use it yourself) or say "well good point - changing that would improve Reason a lot for those who record audio" - nope - instead you have to argue like the saddest knowitall what I said, as it if was ME instead of YOU who doesn't know what he is talking about. Seriously: why? It's as if I insulted your momma or something.
Perhaps because you're mistaking technical details (single vs. multiple files) with reasons for feature existing or not?

Obviously slip-edit should be added. I have it in Bitwig or Cubase, also for MIDI clips, and I never use it because it doesn't make sense to me - I'll just move the clip and adjust the borders accordingly, if I need to move something on the timeline.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

EnochLight wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 1:31 pm Counterpoint: this conversation was actually pretty constructive until you turned it into an ad hominem.
Perhaps - if so I wholeheartedly apologize - it seemed differently to me though.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

antic604 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 1:59 pm
jens wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 12:41 pmAnd no, "gluing" seperate files together is NOT AT ALL the same as it being on continous file to begin with! Get yourself informed for Christ's sake!
You do realise we're talking about computer sequencers and when you have several clips lined up on tracks then from user's point of view it doesn't matter if they're single file or multiple files? Why are you so hung up on single file? If Reason wanted to provide slip-edit for takes, they'd simple "merge" the separate files on-the-fly / behind-the-scenes so for the user that'd be indistinguishable from a single file.
I don't really give a damn. I just tried come up with a reasonable explanation as to why slip-editing is currently not possible. Of course they could implement something "behind the scenes" but then they would first have to... well implement that, something which would not be required were the individual takes already references to the same file.

I also would normally do not need the explanation of Reason having generally used 64samples, regardless of the ASIO buffer-settings but PH gave it and it helped understanding what was going on behind the scenes and why it took them a little longer to increase the performance.

EnochLight wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 1:31 pm

Counterpoint: this conversation was actually pretty constructive until you turned it into an ad hominem.
He certainly isn't good at letting things go :roll:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”