Reason 10.4 out

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Monotone Pro Expansion (Monotone Presets) Reason 12

Psuper wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:25 pm Your first paragraph is mostly correct. From my standpoint as a core Reason user, all that other stuff is useless to me, especially mobile crap. Plus I can't stand Apple, which is about 20% of the mobile market at best (another dumb move). You get the idea -- mobile 'anything' is a waste of time. Mobile apps are a way for companies who have flagship products to supplement their income, and sometimes surpass it. So I don't blame Propellerhead if they wanna explore those options, and obviously there's people who will buy it.

Propellerhead never steered away from their rack or devices though. They should have focused more on the DAW aspect, instead of adding devices as their major feature per release -- they would have better served their core Reason customers and RE developers doing what I outlined in my signature.
Finally! I was so disappointed having to wait almost three complete pages before your post.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:39 pm
Psuper wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:25 pm Your first paragraph is mostly correct. From my standpoint as a core Reason user, all that other stuff is useless to me, especially mobile crap. Plus I can't stand Apple, which is about 20% of the mobile market at best (another dumb move). You get the idea -- mobile 'anything' is a waste of time. Mobile apps are a way for companies who have flagship products to supplement their income, and sometimes surpass it. So I don't blame Propellerhead if they wanna explore those options, and obviously there's people who will buy it.

Propellerhead never steered away from their rack or devices though. They should have focused more on the DAW aspect, instead of adding devices as their major feature per release -- they would have better served their core Reason customers and RE developers doing what I outlined in my signature.
Finally! I was so disappointed having to wait almost three complete pages before your post.
IKR?! I, however, am not surprised that some of you can't wait to read my genius take on things.
Have you tried Vital?

reggie1979 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:26 pm Because this is a forum, and in forums you must be opposed to others dreams and desires. Did you not read the rules?

:hihi:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

When they first introduced the SSL emulation console, the wires and combinators took a backseat. They were barely improved and there is so much more that could be done with them. It would take a total rewrite of the interface and devices though, which would require a lot more time then pumping out iOS apps for a quick buck.

This could also reignite the RE usage, as there will be a need for a new batch of 3rd party "modular" devices. Remove the need for the Combinator in most cases and making the DAW one giant Combinator.

With the option to toggle on/off or hide/unhide cables of course.

Bear in mind a core pillar of Reason is total backward contemptibility (hihi) so in 10.4 I can open a song from 1.0 and it will behave exactly the same.

Total re-writes of existing structures might deliver cool new things but it will probably make files from 1.0 totally useless. This mistake has killed many a program as it puts people in the un-professional position of not being able to deliver an old track for a new project.

:-)

Benedict wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 12:57 am Bear in mind a core pillar of Reason is total backward contemptibility (hihi) so in 10.4 I can open a song from 1.0 and it will behave exactly the same.

Total re-writes of existing structures might deliver cool new things but it will probably make files from 1.0 totally useless. This mistake has killed many a program as it puts people in the un-professional position of not being able to deliver an old track for a new project.

The Rack Extensions multiple SDKs took care of any backwards compatibility for a lot of REs. Simply make any Reason version available, if you want to use Reason 1.0 song files, download Reason 1.0 or compatible version. There really isn't any need to stunt technological advancements for the sake of backwards compatibility. Loading up old projects from years ago in a current version isn't on the top of most people's must have lists. Totally worth the sacrifice...

Sorry, but REs are not a drama. If you made something using an RE in 1.0 (technical dilemma I know), it would still open now in 10.4, even if the Dev took his bat & ball home.

I know that if a record company asked for "The Body Pool" which I did in 2.5, I would not be happy if my DAW made it undeliverable (therefore blew the deal).

Why aren’t they implementing existing Reason devices in this new “Reason Compact” piece of garbage? Why make new things that have to be added to Reason to accommodate the mobile micro transaction cash grab thingy’s project files?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Yeah if there can be a cut down version and preset compatible version of Europa then it would have made more sense to provide such versions of existing Reason drum machines and synth rather than create new ones.

aMUSEd wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:41 am Yeah if there can be a cut down version and preset compatible version of Europa then it would have made more sense to provide such versions of existing Reason drum machines and synth rather than create new ones.
Europa is a new synth and could have been designed to be mobilised. The existing Reason devices certainly were not.

Grum.

I have to say I like the new toys, I just had a quick play and had a groovy loop in no time :D .

Grum.

I tried the two phone devices in my non-mobile Reason, and I sure hope this isn't what's coming down the road.

Reason already has devices that does what both of those do, but 100x better. Make them optional, I don't need nor want them -- even if it's to make these micro-patch announcements look somewhat worthy of a forum post every single time.
Have you tried Vital?

Benedict wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 12:57 am Bear in mind a core pillar of Reason is total backward contemptibility (hihi) so in 10.4 I can open a song from 1.0 and it will behave exactly the same
No, it will not. I used the Line6 devices a lot in my old projects so none of these projects will open unchanged in a current Reason version.

This can happen anytime again as Reason still uses a lot of 3rd party material.

Benutzername wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 3:15 pm
Benedict wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 12:57 am Bear in mind a core pillar of Reason is total backward contemptibility (hihi) so in 10.4 I can open a song from 1.0 and it will behave exactly the same
No, it will not. I used the Line6 devices a lot in my old projects so none of these projects will open unchanged in a current Reason version.

This can happen anytime again as Reason still uses a lot of 3rd party material.
Yes, 1.0 projects will. But I get you about the Line6 stuff being removed - that sucked. Still not happy about that.

But it cannot “happen anytime”. There’s no 3rd party material as devices in the rack anymore like the Line6 stuff. Everything else is setup in a manner where you won’t lose anything again.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

I really like the new stuff. Not sure why people are so down on it.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”