Reason 10.4 out

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Monotone Pro Expansion (Monotone Presets) Reason 12

Probably because they might feel that Props are wasting time on stuff they don't need, instead of fixing stuff that they want/need or is just broken.

I'd rather see some workflow improvements too, rather than mobile compatible devices.

reggie1979 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 6:48 pm I really like the new stuff. Not sure why people are so down on it.
It’s strange. You’d think a point update that gives you free instruments would be nothing but good. People always have to find something to bitch about, though.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Distorted Horizon wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:18 pm Probably because they might feel that Props are wasting time on stuff they don't need, instead of fixing stuff that they want/need or is just broken.

I'd rather see some workflow improvements too, rather than mobile compatible devices.
I'm all for it. But no host is w/o it's issues. I thought Reason was one of the best about bugs :shrug:

Remember the reason 8 update? No devices, just browser, ui and workflow. It was not loved on the forums...

So you are saying it's a no win situation on teh interwezes? Shocking.

Studio One 4.5
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

EnochLight wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:57 pm
reggie1979 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 6:48 pm I really like the new stuff. Not sure why people are so down on it.
It’s strange. You’d think a point update that gives you free instruments would be nothing but good. People always have to find something to bitch about, though.
What an absolutely ridiculous stance, king-high fanboism right there. Your stance being far more accurate about your very own post than any point made here so far.

Please come see me when you need a new PC, I have TONS of "Free Stuff" to load on your PC for you. Maybe we can get your email address and I can sign you up for more free stuff, hand delivered to your in-box!

Or hell, why not just start loading the thousands of "Free Stuff" that is hosted right here on KVR Enoch? If you only prefer Music "free stuff", there's at least 3 or 4 more sites of free stuff I can point you to when you run out of shit to load.

I'm convinced Propellerhead could create a white blank page, stuff it somewhere in Reason, and you'd try to convince others they should be happy about it.
Have you tried Vital?

White blank page? BRILLIANT!

I think it's time for a break. Too much ill will.

Looks like Monotone is making some muppets MAD!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7WglEQb35A

Benutzername wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 3:15 pm
Benedict wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 12:57 am Bear in mind a core pillar of Reason is total backward contemptibility (hihi) so in 10.4 I can open a song from 1.0 and it will behave exactly the same
No, it will not. I used the Line6 devices a lot in my old projects so none of these projects will open unchanged in a current Reason version.

This can happen anytime again as Reason still uses a lot of 3rd party material.
Nit picking wot :clap:

But remember that Props gave us a huge amount of time to resolve that issue between the announcement and the execution date so they were as fair as they could be about it in what was something they clearly didn't foresee. they knew that most people weren't using the Line 6 stuff and did give us Softube replacements (not sure I like em but they aren't garbage).

:-)

Psuper wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:48 pm Please come see me when you need a new PC, I have TONS of "Free Stuff" to load on your PC for you. Maybe we can get your email address and I can sign you up for more free stuff, hand delivered to your in-box!

Or hell, why not just start loading the thousands of "Free Stuff" that is hosted right here on KVR Enoch? If you only prefer Music "free stuff", there's at least 3 or 4 more sites of free stuff I can point you to when you run out of shit to load.

I'm convinced Propellerhead could create a white blank page, stuff it somewhere in Reason, and you'd try to convince others they should be happy about it.
The problem with your analogy is that the Props did not just gather up a bunch of 'free stuff' from around the internet. They developed two new instruments to add to their workstation, and just happen to be giving them away as part of a free update. There is a big difference there.

They might not be your cup-of-tea, or perhaps you think them a wasted effort, but they are far from being useless fluff. Let people enjoy them if they choose to.

Wait for it... He's gonna ask people to read his signature again

Benedict wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 11:33 pm
Benutzername wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 3:15 pm
Benedict wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 12:57 am Bear in mind a core pillar of Reason is total backward contemptibility (hihi) so in 10.4 I can open a song from 1.0 and it will behave exactly the same
No, it will not. I used the Line6 devices a lot in my old projects so none of these projects will open unchanged in a current Reason version.

This can happen anytime again as Reason still uses a lot of 3rd party material.
Nit picking wot :clap:

But remember that Props gave us a huge amount of time to resolve that issue between the announcement and the execution date so they were as fair as they could be about it in what was something they clearly didn't foresee. they knew that most people weren't using the Line 6 stuff and did give us Softube replacements (not sure I like em but they aren't garbage).

:-)
meh... they are... mostly garbage. To be fair the line 6 devices as shipped with reason were not better, but they did have one advantage in that if you did have line6 PodFarm, you could use ALL those gear models in the reason devices, including their console preamp modules, and all the excellent bass amps. at least Kuassa is there now, and with VST it isn't a big deal anymore, but I was pissed when that was announced, as I didn't figure the Softube Amps would be any better in Reason as they are in Live, and they aren't. (Sold my Reason 7 license immediately for $200, and then bought Reason 8 a few months later for $125, so It worked out ok...)

lessera wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 12:31 am
Psuper wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:48 pm Please come see me when you need a new PC, I have TONS of "Free Stuff" to load on your PC for you. Maybe we can get your email address and I can sign you up for more free stuff, hand delivered to your in-box!

The problem with your analogy is that the Props did not just gather up a bunch of 'free stuff' from around the internet. They developed two new instruments to add to their workstation, and just happen to be giving them away as part of a free update. There is a big difference there.

They might not be your cup-of-tea, or perhaps you think them a wasted effort, but they are far from being useless fluff. Let people enjoy them if they choose to.
Are you saying people's enjoyment depends on my approval of these devices? Hey man, if you enjoy tapping a beat on Rytmik while taking a deuce, by all means savor the moment.

Repeat time... Enoch was the only one "bitching", rebuking others for having opinions, of which he is often the most opinionated. He loves to do stuff like that, I'm wise to him though figured him out in my days at RT, figured it was time for others around here to become wise to it.

There's nothing about these mini devices that Reason already doesn't have and can't do 100x better as I already mentioned. I also mentioned I hope this isn't what we're to expect from here on out.

But hey, if you, Enoch and some others wanna see more Baby Subtractor or mini Redrum in the Reason rack in the future, now's your time to say "More please!!!". Because Props are definitely listening these days.
Have you tried Vital?

ShawnG wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 12:49 am Wait for it... He's gonna ask people to read his signature again
I see you're paying attention. Good, Psuper is always on your mind. Keep it that way, you'll learn something.

Now on to your comment about releases which I initially came in for until I saw Enoch spew. I'll copy/paste my opinion here, so you can further understand your misinterpretation of Release 8 of Reason.

Reason 1-6 was pure synth, didn't even have audio in, so that's 6 iterations where they simply wanted to be a rewired synth. And it was about the most incredible synth with all kinds of hardware nostalgia and cabled devices, but not a DAW.

Once 6 hit , audio in, that's when the "DAW" began, and props added instruments and effects, but that was it.

6-7 added basic midi editing, nothing special -- quantize, slicing, basic standard stuff with barebones workflow. RE was their main thing, and I figured that was the time they'd get away from making devices and let RE devs take over - and they both would rake in our money. Props would fully capitalize on the DAW aspect (which at this point, was minimal basic at best), REdevs would craft the devices, we'd go broke buying everything making REdevs and Props rich beyond their hopes.

Then came along R8, what a bust I totally skipped it. An improved browser interface that till this day I try to never use its a hindrance to my workflow not a help (I realize this is subjective). Lots of REs again, no DAW enhancements I can recall.

R9, first decent update since v6, I upgraded to support props I felt they finally were figuring out their DAW was lacking. I needed almost none of the offerings - didn't need new sounds, players devices, etc, not even VST when they added it in, but I felt they were on the right track after the embarrassment of 8. I did like the pitch editor though. But lets not go too crazy, R9s DAW enhancements were mostly minor stuff, and should have been done with patches after v7, not waiting until 9.

Then 10 came along with no useful DAW enhancements, just a "biggest upgrade ever" tag, some crippled 3rd party packs sharing the same interface but bloated as 3 different devices, and not even their Europa and Grain could get the bad taste out of my mouth. And I *really* loved Grain, just didn't feel like Propellerhead deserved my money with how they presented it, nor what it actually offered. And I think a lot of people feel the same way, so I'm doing what I can to help even if it hurts a bit.
Have you tried Vital?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”