Huge sale on Cubase 10 - 50% off for new purchases or crossgrades

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You don't have an activation code until you use the access code in that box to get it at a MySteinberg account. If you're pretty sure no one is going to stalk you and manage to hack that (or steal a backpack with your computer with an unused activation where google auto-recalls passwords) you'll be good.

Good gosh people. Just use keeppass, generate a really strong password and enable 2 factor auth and you are fine. I
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:17 am Good gosh people. Just use keeppass, generate a really strong password and enable 2 factor auth and you are fine.
Keepass - 1949 entries today, starting from 2005 when I needed something more than my virtual stickypad...
Have you tried Vital?

Saukar30 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:34 am I only have one question... does Groove Agent SE have the ability of MIDI output for it's patterns to other instruments?
For drum / percussive patterns you could use the included Beat Designer, which is a kind of step sequencer. It can be used with Groove Agent SE and I think also with other virtual instruments to trigger drums. Unfortunately, it's intended for beats mainly, not really usable for melodic / harmonic stuff (melodies / chords).

wheres the halion deals? Do you have to own 10 to buy halion half off? Does anybody want to share their email special halion code with someone who wants it? I havent bought cubase yet, planning too in june.

HREQ wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 6:46 pm wheres the halion deals? Do you have to own 10 to buy halion half off? Does anybody want to share their email special halion code with someone who wants it? I havent bought cubase yet, planning too in june.
There was no 50% off sale other than for Cubase 10 (all editions, including version upgrades and crossgrades but not educational licences).

The other offers are 30% off HALion 6 (been and gone), Iconica Ensembles (been and gone), Dorico Pro 2 / Dorico Elements 2 (current) and Wavelab (yet to be sent, so no idea what versions are included). The 30% off codes are being sent to Steinberg newsletter subscribers only - and perhaps only to Steinberg newsletter subscribers who already own Cubase 10.

If you have yet to buy Cubase 10, the 50% off sale ends on June 3.

It turns out that some retailers are selling cross grades without asking buyers for proof of their licenses.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 1:01 am It turns out that some retailers are selling cross grades without asking buyers for proof of their licenses.
It seems that checking crossgrade entitlement is a bit random, especially when buying from a reseller. If you buy a crossgrade or educational discount product from Steinberg's online store you have to upload a proof, which is verified before you can pay for the product and receive the activation code or physical shipment.

I guess it doesn't help that software vendors have differing policies about crossgrade and educational products. I have experience of one non-music company where educational discount products have an entitlement code in boxed copies - you have to go through an online verification process where you supply that code and proof of entitlement to redeem the code for a serial number that unlocks the product. Perhaps some retailers believe Steinberg crossgrade products work like this.

I have also seen suggestions online that people have been asked to provide proof of entitlement but have been able to proceed with the purchase despite the proof being for a non-qualifying product, such as the subscription version of Pro Tools (officially only a perpetual licence qualifies for crossgrade) or a budget edition such as Ableton Live Lite.

I have been using this DAW for a couple of weeks now - and its intuitive.

Who cares that the menus are cluttered ? and yet- somehow, it remains easy to use.

I have yet to load a VST. I have hardly looked at the help manual.

Halion Sonic has kept me amused - especially with the equalizers that really shape the sound so effectively.

Is it downhill from here ?

New DAW rose colored glasses ? :)

I most likely will buy Cubase 10 pro. Three main resons for that are 1. better MIDI editor, 2. surround audio. 3. ARA for Melody.
My main DAW at the moment is Live, and I´d like to see better arrange/linear editing feature there, which is one of the Cubase´s strengts.
One question to the Cubase users: what is the relation between VST2 and VST3 in the Cubase world? Is the VST3 mandatory?
And what is the future of the VST2-format?

Harry_HH wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:05 pm
One question to the Cubase users: what is the relation between VST2 and VST3 in the Cubase world? Is the VST3 mandatory?
And what is the future of the VST2-format?
Oops, that never crossed my mind before I bought it - it should have.

Anyway, all my old VSTs load and play as usual and none of those are VST3, so I guess its ok for now ?

When Steinberg "killed off" VST2 for developers they also made clear that all Steinberg hosts will continue to support VST2 for backward compatibility. Not sure if that will change in the future but for the moment being, VST2s are working as expected.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Steinberg's own plugins are all VST3 now. You can disable a VST3 while not in use, saving resources.
If I believe this will be significant, I'll choose VST3 for a 3rd-party plugin. However, sometimes the functionality changes and is less convenient out of habit.

At this time I have yet to use a VST3 instrument. Only in FX.

I think this is probably most users, so it's not a viable business model to lose VST2.

dellboy wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 6:53 pm ....
Is it downhill from here ?

New DAW rose colored glasses ? :)

The more you look, the more you'll find. :tu:

Harry_HH wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:05 pm . 3. ARA for Melody.
Note that ARA support is not in there yet. It is on the "Coming soon" list.
I am sure it will get in there but just so that you are away!

From
"Unfortunately the release of the Cubase 10.0.30 maintenance update has to be postponed to mid of June. There are still issues with the ARA integration that need to be addressed. Please excuse the delay."
https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewto ... 3&t=157077

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”