Spire Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elektro Synth 1.5 Spire Presets Spire

Just curious, what do you guys think the top 3 additional features for Spire to be the "best"?

Here's what I think the most needed stuff:
A. Sample loading
B. True Sync
C. More functions ins & outs in the mod. matrix.

Most needed ? A better preset browser...
More BPM please

chk071 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 11:05 pm
Passing Bye wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:55 pm Spire is just another synth and probably wan't be used that much
In that case, i'd say, just pass on it. Your loss. :P

I just wonder what those peeps have done before Splice was existant. And what they do with all the other synths which aren't on Splice, because, the vast majority isn't. There's very, very few soft synths available as rent-to-own. You know, i think it's a nice system, but, if you only want to rent plugins, but not own them anyway, maybe even a subscription system would do. Or... if you think that it's "just another synth", and you won't use it much, even, just use free stuff.
You took just one case scenario to argue what point really, that those people aren't worth of considering, disagree, we are on KVR, there's no shortage of new shinnies, marketing hype is big, selling dreams for insecure is part of this market for most part, GAS is strong, people hoard too much stuff they never use, sell them just to buy them again and etc, it's not really that difficult to imagine one case scenario where someone would want to rent another plugin to play with it for a little, actually that could lead to just another form of GAS, people now going on renting spree and never owning most stuff and etc, that all makes market better and serves the both parties.
Last edited by Passing Bye on Sun May 26, 2019 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

dionenoid wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 11:51 pm Most needed ? A better preset browser...
+1

I can agree with that.

dionenoid wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 11:51 pm Most needed ? A better preset browser...
They are working on this.

phreaque wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 11:58 pm
They are working on this.
Cool :tu:
More BPM please

bmanic wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:32 pm
So yeah, in this type of category (Virus wannabe / complex yet not too far out there VA) purely on paper it's a pretty damn impressive synth. Frankly, I'm always surprised when somebody implies the opposite.
I'm surprised it's so popular as the sound does nothing for me. I find it lacking in the kind of character that pleases me.

But again to each his own. Like I said it's not a bad synth it just hasn't appealed to me. Shame as I really like the GUI and $129 is a pretty fair price for a synth these days. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 1:11 am
bmanic wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:32 pm
So yeah, in this type of category (Virus wannabe / complex yet not too far out there VA) purely on paper it's a pretty damn impressive synth. Frankly, I'm always surprised when somebody implies the opposite.
I'm surprised it's so popular as the sound does nothing for me. I find it lacking in the kind of character that pleases me.

But again to each his own. Like I said it's not a bad synth it just hasn't appealed to me. Shame as I really like the GUI and $129 is a pretty fair price for a synth these days. :shrug:
Hi Teksonik

Do you like Dune better? Just curious. I have both and like each of them. Actually I have Dune 2 (not 3) and Spire, just to be clear.

Well I own Dune 2/3 and have not yet purchased Spire so yes I guess I do like Dune better. I just find Dune's character more pleasing for the types of sounds I like and the music I make.

I suppose if I didn't already have Dune and Hive and Avenger and Ana2 and Z3ta+2 and Alchemy etc etc Spire might find a spot in my folder.

I'll probably keep demoing Spire every time they have a sale as I'm really trying to like it. Maybe some day it will speak to me but if it hasn't already..... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Not so long ago, downloaded spire and demoed it. the lack of a good preset browser was a disappointment. even sylenth1 can browse sounds better.
the factory sounds are good, but for me they seem not so special - i know this is subjective.

Demoing this and I'm really impressed by the raw sound, very lush without being harsh. Even the noise it produces sounds great.

ricowave202 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:21 pm Even the noise it produces sounds great.
Interestingly, that holds true for a lot of "good" sounding synths. I didn't believe that there's a difference, until i heard the noise in Largo. On paper, they should all be the same (white noise is white noise, right?), but, in reality, they differ. Might be the synth engine/top end cut off, or something, i'm not sure.

chk071 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:33 pm
ricowave202 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:21 pm Even the noise it produces sounds great.
[...] I didn't believe that there's a difference, until i heard the noise in Largo. On paper, they should all be the same (white noise is white noise, right?), but, in reality, they differ. [...]
Spire's noise oscillator produces pink noise. If Largo produces white noise then that's the reason why they sound different. With pink noise the higher frequencies get more and more attenuated. A pink noise spectrum is also the spectrum that some people mix against.
Passed 303 posts. Next stop: 808.

Teksonik wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 11:59 am Well I own Dune 2/3 and have not yet purchased Spire so yes I guess I do like Dune better. I just find Dune's character more pleasing for the types of sounds I like and the music I make.

I suppose if I didn't already have Dune and Hive and Avenger and Ana2 and Z3ta+2 and Alchemy etc etc Spire might find a spot in my folder.

I'll probably keep demoing Spire every time they have a sale as I'm really trying to like it. Maybe some day it will speak to me but if it hasn't already..... :shrug:
Funny I’ve not heard Ana2 being mentioned by a single person on these forums for the past six months. Yet there was so much hype about it when first launched. I hope it’s been a solid workhorse for you.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:35 am
Teksonik wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 11:59 am Well I own Dune 2/3 and have not yet purchased Spire so yes I guess I do like Dune better. I just find Dune's character more pleasing for the types of sounds I like and the music I make.

Funny I’ve not heard Ana2 being mentioned by a single person on these forums for the past six months. Yet there was so much hype about it when first launched. I hope it’s been a solid workhorse for you.
I been bringing it up quite a bit lately.
It I haven't really spent a ton of time with it. Most my time has been in Sylenth1 and Massive, also learning about trance production along with a full time job.
Some day

Return to “Instruments”