What's the best K. Brown synth?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

starflakeprj wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:27 pm Most of them probably share, at least that is my opinion, the same code. The differences I see are mostly in the GUI and the structural synth layout. I wouldn't call these emulations of the originals, only graphical copies.
Most of them use various combinations of the same low-cpu oscillators by Martin Vicanek - many have their waveshapes modified somewhat after intitial generation. Most of the variation is in the filters - some use stock State Variables in various combinations (many have custom-shaped bandpass rather than the stock BP out), some use BiQuads, etc.). But yes the emphasis is on experimenting with various synths' architecture, signal flow, modulation structures and so on. I'm quite clear on the website that there is NO claim that these emulate the actual sound of any hardware synths.

nix808 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:52 am sometimes you can,
sometimes it requires some edits

If you'd like 4 in x64, let me know which ones and I can try it tonight
That's very generous,nix - thanks !

nix808 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 6:46 pm I had a quick look-
but this synth build uses busses, and they are broken in current FlowStone Alpha.
I'll see if I can get Kevin on the Alpha team, but he too would have to wait for a bussing bugfix
Sorry - no 64 machine; and my synth hobby doesn't warrant a new computer just for that.
'ppreciate the offer though - any 64 work will have to be done by generous and intrepid others. :wink:
Last edited by kevin brown on Mon May 27, 2019 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

heh-I got sound out of System 1 E,
I'll throw a buggy build up here in the next couple of days(I can't get around the bus thing)
Nice to hear from ya Kevin mate,
I'll look at that new one too

"A buggy build..." - that's how I generally define my physique. :hihi:
Last edited by kevin brown on Mon May 27, 2019 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

heh
--or what happened last time I had a tummy virus

RoboticsDSP just fixed the busses indexing,
so I can try to not have it bugged in matrix and busses

buggy build vs weedy build
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Could be a GUI idea there. :ud:

kevin brown wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:50 pm
nix808 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 6:46 pm I had a quick look-
but this synth build uses busses, and they are broken in current FlowStone Alpha.
I'll see if I can get Kevin on the Alpha team, but he too would have to wait for a bussing bugfix
Sorry - no 64 machine; and my synth hobby doesn't warrant a new computer just for that.
'ppreciate the offer though - any 64 work will have to be done by generous and intrepid others. :wink:
if these are just a hobby i wonder what you really do!

Since you asked -
Landscape painter. I work in the studio (not plein air) from heavily Photoshopped photos on a Mac, so that's where all my computer spending goes.

https://www.kevinrbrownart.com/

Learned a new term (plein air)

not sure if you look at synth requests, but rather than ask first,

two synth requests: Yamaha FS1R and Kawai K5000
super ambitious mode: Yamaha VL1

Physical Modeling - now idea how do do it.
FSS - no idea how to do it.
Sampling - been done to death.

I discovered all this massive work by pure accident. As usual, trying to find something else in the forum. And Wow! Soooo many vintage style synths to try by just clicking once! Wonderful collections. Kevin, I truly appreciate your generosity for sharing all this work. Thanks!

You bet! -

The best thanks I can get is for someone to make some presets and share them.

Yes, I'll do when I use them, sure!

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”