Spire Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elektro Synth 1.5 Spire Presets Spire

v1o wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:35 am Funny I’ve not heard Ana2 being mentioned by a single person on these forums for the past six months. Yet there was so much hype about it when first launched. I hope it’s been a solid workhorse for you.
It was an impulse purchase while on sale during the holidays. I tried the demo and there was something about Ana2 that appealed to me.

To be honest I haven't spent much time with Ana2 as I've been in my guitar phase but I imagine it will get more use when I get back to synth based projects.

But you're right we don't see much talk about Ana2. I absolutely hated the sound of Ana1 and expected to hate the Ana2 demo just as much but was pleasantly surprised when it "spoke to me". I've been trying the Spire demo over and over hoping it too will speak to me some day but alas so far...no. :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

^Did you try switching to the Navy Gray skin? Spire 'spoke to me' only after applying this little tweak. :hihi:

BONES wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:42 pm
e@rs wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:51 amI like its in your face sound
I think we must have very different ideas about what "in your face" means because when I demo'd Spire it was the lack of that which put me off it. It seemed very clean and a bit tame to me. Far too nice. Too many tabs for me, too.
I'm seriously surprised you said that. Among those 8 factory banks there are many big nasty gritty presets that go straight for the jugular. The tabs are no problem for me.

Teksonik wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 11:59 am I suppose if I didn't already have Dune and Hive and Avenger and Ana2 and Z3ta+2 and Alchemy etc etc Spire might find a spot in my folder.
I have all of those except Hive...maybe some day. :)
Hive 2 looks/sounds really good in the video I watched recently.

e@rs wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:20 pm ^Did you try switching to the Navy Gray skin? Spire 'spoke to me' only after applying this little tweak. :hihi:
Yes actually I tried all the skin options and like them all. That's why I'm trying hard to like Spire because I find the GUI(s) visually pleasing and something I could work with for hours without strain.

Now if I could only like the sound as much as the GUI...... :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Tek, if you've got DUNE 3 and Hive 2, you don't need Spire. But I know it's tempting at that price.
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Mon May 27, 2019 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Examigan wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:10 pm
Teksonik wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 11:59 am I suppose if I didn't already have Dune and Hive and Avenger and Ana2 and Z3ta+2 and Alchemy etc etc Spire might find a spot in my folder.
I have all of those except Hive...maybe some day. :)
Hive 2 looks/sounds really good in the video I watched recently.
I haven't officially upgraded to Hive 2 yet, will do on June 1st but I am running the RC on this system and it sounds glorious. I love the old Hive but version 2 is a very nice upgrade...... :tu:

Yorrrrrr wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:35 pm Tek, if you got DUNE 3 and Hive 2, you don't need Spire. But I know it's tempting at that price.
Yes I'm a sucker for a deal. I don't really need Spire but if I could find a reason to like the sound enough I might add it to my collection just for fun. That's how I ended up with Ana 2. I didn't need it either but it was on sale so I tried the demo and found the sound pleasing so out came the credit card.

I couldn't even put into words what I find lacking in Spire but I've demoed it more times than any synth I can remember that I didn't end up buying. :?

Just upgrade to Hive 2 for 20 euros.

Yorrrrrr wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:45 pm Just upgrade to Hive 2 for 20 euros.
Oh yes I plan to upgrade on June 1st. Been looking forward to it for awhile. I've got the RC installed on this system and Hive 2 sounds glorious. :tu:

Indeed. But if you must keep looking for a reason to buy Spire, maybe look into the envelopes and effects. Somehow, I found (IMO) that Spire was good to make tight, plucky, percussive, aggressive type of sounds. For everything else, both DUNE 3 and/or Hive 2 would be a better choice (again, IMO). Nothing against Spire though. It is a good synth.

e@rs wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:30 pmI'm seriously surprised you said that. Among those 8 factory banks there are many big nasty gritty presets that go straight for the jugular. The tabs are no problem for me.
Who has the time to go through 8 banks of presets? I listened to maybe 40 or 50 presets and heard nothing that interested or inspired me. I spent another hour or so making sounds from scratch, still nothing inspiring, so I gave up. I love the look of the GUI but the workflow is not great, either. As I said before, too much of it is hidden behind tabs.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Yorrrrrr wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:45 pmJust upgrade to Hive 2 for 20 euros.
Can we even do that yet? i.e. Is there somewhere to pre-order?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 3:33 am
Yorrrrrr wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:45 pmJust upgrade to Hive 2 for 20 euros.
Can we even do that yet? i.e. Is there somewhere to pre-order?
I think it's possible. Click the big blue 'Upgrade for 20 EU now' link inside this PDF here: https://www.u-he.com/img/u-he_Hive_2_Upgrade.pdf

Thanks, that seemed to work just fine, although the serial no. field is blank.

Return to “Instruments”