Should i start making music again?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey all!.. :D
I got depressed 10 years ago and I stopped making music.. and I miss it!.
And feels like something missing in my life.. and I think its producing music <3
Down below are some of my really old tracks. tell me what you think. But remember its 10 years ago.. some tracks are re-uploaded some years back.. and some got lost.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Avenixis
https://soundcloud.com/avenixis/sets/se ... xis-tracks

If it makes you happy, definitely !

To answer your question, do what makes you happy. I stopped making music in 2003. After 5 years, in 2008, I missed it and started again and haven't stopped since. If the time should come when I don't feel like making music anymore, I'll stop. Don't force yourself to do things. Do it if you want to. Don't do it if you don't want to. How good or bad the music itself is, is irrelevant to the question.

Only you will know if it helps :tu:

Do it

koalaboy wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:25 pm If it makes you happy, definitely !
Yeah, it does! :) :love: :) Sad thing is I even stopped listen to music for many years... but started some months back now.. so f**ked up not listening to music for so long..

wagtunes wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:26 pm To answer your question, do what makes you happy. I stopped making music in 2003. After 5 years, in 2008, I missed it and started again and haven't stopped since. If the time should come when I don't feel like making music anymore, I'll stop. Don't force yourself to do things. Do it if you want to. Don't do it if you don't want to. How good or bad the music itself is, is irrelevant to the question.
Yeah so true!

after 15 years focusing on producing i had a shitty life, seven years ago i stopped music, then my life turned into success.

got my driving lessons, a really better job & salary, wife, kids, bought an apartment, everything i undertake turned into success.

two years ago i went back to music production, i first deeply learned music theory & sound synthesis, and finally went back to produce track, then my life went back to constant failure, i don't manage to produce good tracks, i'm no more motivated at work, I am less patient with my kids, my wife is upset because i no more have time to spend with her.

the main cause i turn into depression is because i don't manage to produce good tracks, in life you need success, if you are not good at something it can be good to stop. (a good advice i don't manage to follow, music production is my hobby)

drdriller wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:41 pm after 15 years focusing on producing i had a shitty life, seven years ago i stopped music, then my life turned into success.

got my driving lessons, a really better job & salary, wife, kids, bought an apartment, everything i undertake turned into success.

two years ago i went back to music production, i first deeply learned music theory & sound synthesis, and finally went back to produce track, then my life went back to constant failure, i don't manage to produce good tracks, i'm no more motivated at work, I am less patient with my kids, my wife is upset because i no more have time to spend with her.

the main cause i turn into depression is because i don't manage to produce good tracks, in life you need success, if you are not good at something it can be good to stop. (a good advice i don't manage to follow, music production is my hobby)
Oh, that sucked to hear! :/ I hope all is fine now?

I didn't get depressed because of producing music.
Some other stuff happened in my life.. before I even started with prod music.. it was just something I liked doing. I didn´t even care if my tracks weren't any good... I liked listening to them and making some weird cool sounds and beat.

But a lot of ppl actually liked them and got some fans from all around the world, that felt great. So I wanted to deliver more tracks for them. But I felt some pressure I didn't like and was not used to it. Also, it was so time-consuming so I just stopped producing. And focused on just doing music for fun.

Even if I got some offers, I felt I wasn't ready.. ppl played some of my music on clubs & private partys so people wanted more... I sent samples and shit told them you can remix how you like it..But those tracks are gone or on the internet someplace don't know were.. And then I had all my projects on an extern HDD and som junkys broke it.. that was a sad they.. then I just said.. f**k it.. I can make a new sound.. I had a lot of saved awesome tracks on that.

But maybe your right .. If I never felt like I finished a track or was happy with it.. maybe unconcusly I got depressed. But I didn't really want to be a success.. Just free nice music.

Sorry my sucky English hahaha..

no worries on the english

depression sucks,big time.
whatever a person needs to do to deal with it, so long as they're not hurting others, then it's the right thing.

good luck for the future, whatever you decide.

? bug double post ?
Last edited by drdriller on Wed May 29, 2019 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Avenixis wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:12 pm Oh, that sucked to hear! :/ I hope all is fine now?
i'm just on a bad position on the Dunning Kruger curve ;)

i've made a few tracks that i liked in the past, i now have more knowlegde but i struggle to produce something good, i just have to take it more easy ;)

(btw it is hard to get time producing because my kids are young)

Back to the op.... short answer 'NO'. Now get back to work.

Return to “Music Cafe”