Hive 2.0 is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

Hi all,

Here we go! Our sleek and streamlined baby just got supercharged!

https://youtu.be/0cam8cb2C_o

https://youtu.be/KXTPlb2tFpQ

Downloads:

Hive_200_8676_Mac.zip
Hive_200_8676_Win.zip
Hive_200_8676_Linux.tar.xz

Factory NKS Previews

Important:

Hive 2.x overwrites and replaces Hive 1.x. Being a paid upgrade, it uses a new serial number. Hive 1.x serials won't work, hence all owners of Hive 1.x should check out this PDF which also comes with the download:

u-he_Hive_2_Upgrade.pdf

Price: 149€ (same as it was)
Upgrade from Hive 1.x: 20€, or free if bought within grace period (after Jan 20th 2019)

Enjoy,

- Urs & team

New features & improvements
  • 378 new presets
  • more wavetables
  • NKS-ready (Previews available as separate download)
  • New GUI
  • Shape Sequencer
  • Function Generators
  • Scope
  • Key Quantizer (play custom scales)
  • XY section expanded
  • New mod matrix modifier: Sample & Hold
  • More quantization options in mod matrix
  • New Seq Mod modulation source
  • Mod Assigners for visual feedback of assigned modulations
  • Modulation overview/unassignment via right-click on parameters
  • Newly added presets now easily findable through saved search entry

Fixed
  • Unwanted clicks on note attacks
  • Compressor parameters smoothed to avoid zipper noise
  • Selecting init preset does not switch folder selection anymore
  • Modulating clock swing could cause unexpected results
  • Clock swing could delay the first note
  • Strict host sync could cause too early or cut off notes
  • Rare crash when trying to reopen a host project fixed
  • Improved mouse drag sensitivity for Ctrl A/B selection on MIDI table page
  • Sustain pedal now working according to standard (0-63 = off, 64-127 = on)
  • Improved sustain pedal behaviour when playing same note repeatedly
  • VST3 was reporting only one MIDI channel to the host
  • Ctrl A/B now working correctly in VST3 version
  • MIDI learn now working in VST3
Last edited by Urs on Tue May 28, 2019 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yay!!

:party:

That helps me through this night...

Download is very slow?
EDIT: Finished after 24 mins.
Last edited by Chris-S on Tue May 28, 2019 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Very - but got there in the end

Yeah... might be a typo in the download link, or even our CDN is aching under pressure...

Congrats on the release! :clap:

I just got Hive 2 registered and running, after using the RC demo the last few days. I hadn't purchased a newly-released synth since Serum -- what you and your team accomplished with Hive 2 is amazing.

I can't say I was too interested in Hive 1, already owning Zebra, Diva, Serum... but between the efforts of Hive 1.2 and 2.0, I think this has evolved into a sophisticated and mature instrument. It sounds great, it's extremely fast to get good sounds, the modulation system is powerful while being simple to use, the scope is treated like the serious tool it should be (this may be the 1st synth with a truly useful built in scope, IMO), great presets, and the GUI is gorgeous... bravo!

Hive isn't the most complicated or feature-rich synth I own, certainly. But it I feel like it may be the most carefully conceived and executed. It seems to be a very focused effort.

Congrats on the release!

Quick question, is there any need to download the final release if I have the RC installed? It looks like the same version number.

I know that Hive 1 was very light on performance requirements - does Hive 2 improve on this, as well?

Congrats on the release. Hive 2 is my certainly one of my go-to synthesizers. Fast workflow, great flexibility and power, awesome sound.

bharris22 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:45 pm I know that Hive 1 was very light on performance requirements - does Hive 2 improve on this, as well?
Yes and no.

The wavetable thing which came with 1.2 has had some impact on CPU, depending on the interpolation quality.

The new modulations in Hive 2.0 don't cost much, and some other optimisations should make up for them.

Urs wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:50 pm
bharris22 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:45 pm I know that Hive 1 was very light on performance requirements - does Hive 2 improve on this, as well?
Yes and no.

The wavetable thing which came with 1.2 has had some impact on CPU, depending on the interpolation quality.

The new modulations in Hive 2.0 don't cost much, and some other optimisations should make up for them.
Got it - thanks!

bharris22 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:53 pm
Urs wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:50 pm
Yes and no.

Got it - thanks!
Urs did mention in a prior thread that the Scope and Wavetable views add a bit of CPU overhead so if you see an increase with those windows open, changing views will solve for that.

is this any different from the sanityCheck's-thread RC version or the same ? (both are 8676)

Return to “Instruments”