Best Way to Go Out with a Bang

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Distorted Horizon wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:46 am Lion king is your favorite movie perhaps? 8)
never heard of it :shrug:
is carry grant in it?

I shouldn't have touched this thread, but I at least want to clean up my part in it. :oops: (I guess I'm digging a hole and getting off topic, so I apologize)
jancivil wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:01 pm "If you are really intimidated/annoyed/whatever by the EDM market, make your own."
Is "EDM" mandatory now?

"realized how powerful four chords can be with a good production. "
Sure, it wasn't a melody or anything special about the impact of it via timing or any compositional anything, "four chords" is transformed by "production" per se. This really is EDM Producer thinking so one supposes it's a viable path forward for you.
I rather doubt this is the place to look for 'serious compositional merit' at the outset, however.
EDM isn't mandatory, but it's a noticable share of the music market. Depending, of course, on how you define EDM.

And you are absolutely right, it's about way more than the production. Melody, timbre, texture, rhythm, more points than I care to list are really important.
For whatever reason there was a time when I had it in my head that I would NEVER write a song that could be expressed with only four chords. I didn't appreciate a lot of what music was. My perspective has changed since then.
I suppose I hope that the OP can appreciate "Mr Cool EDM" and maybe even dare to try it.

Most importantly:
So I'd like to finish with one show stopper, explosive, use a gazillion synths project.
Don't let us get in your way.
mostly here for the One Synth Challenge
you can hear some of my newest music at: https://wrenharmonic.bandcamp.com/ or https://www.youtube.com/@wrenharmonic

How do you decide who to take and who to leave with c4 ? Best to go nuclear.

Acid Mitch wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:57 pm How do you decide who to take and who to leave with c4 ? Best to go nuclear.
Ah, but as Fur-Q reminds us, you can't kill everybody, or you'd have no one left to respect..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sxZ4tsp8gc

Acid Mitch wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:57 pm How do you decide who to take and who to leave with c4 ? Best to go nuclear.
i made a spread sheet years back.

Maybe if you want to go out with a bang and create a big impression, you could give away your music but then charge $29 cloud subscription to actually download it,

:lol:

jacqueslacouth wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:30 pm but then charge $29 cloud subscription to actually download it,
I have a tiny feeling that this will live up a long time in kvr :lol:

Leonard Bowman wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:57 pm I shouldn't have touched this thread, but I at least want to clean up my part in it. :oops: (I guess I'm digging a hole and getting off topic, so I apologize)
jancivil wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:01 pm "If you are really intimidated/annoyed/whatever by the EDM market, make your own."
Is "EDM" mandatory now?

EDM isn't mandatory, but it's a noticable share of the music market. Depending, of course, on how you define EDM.

For whatever reason there was a time when I had it in my head that I would NEVER write a song that could be expressed with only four chords. I didn't appreciate a lot of what music was. My perspective has changed since then.
I suppose I hope that the OP can appreciate "Mr Cool EDM" and maybe even dare to try it.
Sorry, I quite despise the notion of <producer> over <composer>. Cookie cutter form, paste something in grabbed from the either and just produce the shit out of it and maybe alter the cookie cutter into the next cookie cutter, moving loops around a little.

Not accusing the OP of it but that's where so many choose to locate and the modi operandi so often is let a software app tell you what dough the cookie cutter requires.
It's not that it's unsophisticated, it's that it's not authentic musical thought.

If you're doing 5 in the time of 2 very frequently or #9 with b5 in the bass making the #9 a 13, you're doing something else, with, one supposes, a simple repetitive beat.

I grew up with 2-chord vamps and no chord but a drone. I started with pop music, not writing it but arranging it and helping in the studio.

I think where the OP went wrong is expecting people to want the music, which is sort of like placing 'is there a market for this' as a priority, which in my worldview is corrupt. I need music qua music, I don't need masses of people to like me. But if you're going to be in it for the money you have to find some universality and probably conform to a common denominator in more than one way.

donkey tugger wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:52 pm
AnX wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:50 pm a shotgun is the best way to go out with a bang, no?
Bit of Fred Dibnah perhaps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CV2GuK6CmY

:hihi:

i was think more Ted Moult

AnX wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:18 pm
donkey tugger wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:52 pm
AnX wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:50 pm a shotgun is the best way to go out with a bang, no?
Bit of Fred Dibnah perhaps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CV2GuK6CmY

i was think more Ted Moult
Ouf....

AnX wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:49 pm
vurt wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:12 pm "if after 2 years you are not famous, one should take up fishing, or knitting."

ghandi.
i go fishing, and i dont wear flip flops :x
don't your feet get dirty?

vurt wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:24 pm
AnX wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:49 pm
vurt wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:12 pm "if after 2 years you are not famous, one should take up fishing, or knitting."

ghandi.
i go fishing, and i dont wear flip flops :x
don't your feet get dirty?
nah...

I've never gone out with a bang :(

dark water wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:41 pm I've never gone out with a bang :(
:hug: maybe you can come back with one?

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”