FXpansion releases Cypher2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cypher (DCAM: Synth Squad) Cypher2

robbmonn wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:52 pm
perfumer wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:48 am [...]
Look, a UI redesign that would satisfy your compaints means a complete rewrite, because the UI (not colors but layout and functionality) is integrated with the rest of the code, not slapped on top of it.
That's not how GUI development works. The GUI is always abstracted from the model/guts in software development and could be redone without a complete rewrite. The GUI itself wouldn't need to be rewritten either, just reworked.
[...]
I, too, am intrigued by perfumer's statement.
Does Cypher's UI code live in a separate layer or not? If not, why?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:25 am Hey Himalaya, can I ask a specific how-to thing? How do you set duophonic mode on? Also, can you use it duophonically with mpe, meaning that the two voices/oscillators respond to different midi channels?
Hi, sorry for the delay. I wanted to reply with a video. And here it is at last. My first ever tutorial video. :D

https://youtu.be/2s5tSw8EnHk
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

JerGoertz wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:39 am Pretty damn close to each other, but I'd guess the first is the SH-2 and second is Cypher. There's just a little bit of digital "ringy-ness" to the second ones.

Thanks for sharing the patch.
You're welcome.

and

You are correct. :)

digital "ringy-ness"...I call it 'stiffness', since the real article has that 'liquid' quality, and I could get close to it in one octave, but it would be off in another octave. That's what I meant by the key-tracking being so essential here. At one point the Cypher2 example is clearly audible as the key tracking in that particular note range was wrong. ha!
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

We've just released a public beta update to Strobe2 and Cypher2 (v2.5.1.2) featuring some significant under-the-hood improvements to RAM and CPU usage - and support for AVX-512 processor extensions if you're lucky enough to have a processor which has those.

Enjoy!
This account is dormant, I am no longer employed by FXpansion / ROLI.

Find me on LinkedIn or elsewhere if you need to get in touch.

Angus_FX wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:43 pm We've just released a public beta update to Strobe2 and Cypher2 (v2.5.1.2) featuring some significant under-the-hood improvements to RAM and CPU usage - and support for AVX-512 processor extensions if you're lucky enough to have a processor which has those.

Enjoy!
:tu: :tu:

Angus_FX wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:43 pm We've just released a public beta update to Strobe2 and Cypher2 (v2.5.1.2) featuring some significant under-the-hood improvements to RAM and CPU usage - and support for AVX-512 processor extensions if you're lucky enough to have a processor which has those.

Enjoy!
Does this also fix the unrealistically long plugin scan times due to hosts file?

Also, do you know why License Manager says this for my BFD 3 install?

I double-checked the version of both standalone and plugin, it's the correct one (latest). What happened here?

Yes, this should behave better with hosts file - give it a go.

If you click on where it says "Multiple!", it should be able to tell you what's wrong..

It doesn't say anything. I tried clicking, hovering, double-clicking, nothing.

When I go Check for software updates:

Ah, I think I got it. I had an older version of License Manager. Installing those Cypher/Strobe betas also updated it, I see the 32-bit variant remained on old version (3.2 something). I just removed it since I don't use 32-bit.

Off to test if scanning times are any better :)

Enjoy!
How about AVX2? Is there a benefit to install this update for a cpu that has AVX2 suppport (but no AVX-512 support)?

Definitely, yes - big speed up for *all* CPUs (30% ish in most cases) and much reduced RAM footprint, but AVX512 machines get an extra 2x boost on top of that.

@EvilDragon how's it looking?

Yep it's a lot better. Still scans slower than many other plugins, but at least it's not almost a minute. Thanks (but if you can bring down the scanning time lower still, wouldn't be bad, if possible)!

Angus_FX wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:57 am Definitely, yes - big speed up for *all* CPUs (30% ish in most cases) and much reduced RAM footprint, but AVX512 machines get an extra 2x boost on top of that.
:tu:

Enjoy!
The update info on the download page says this Strobe2 update is Win10 only (all previous versions have been listed as Win7 ready). Please tell me you haven't changed Strobe's OS compatibility midway through it's life cycle. :scared:
vespesian (sean)

You're in an amazing state - so stay there.

Return to “Instruments”