Hive 2.0 is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

Urs wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:25 am Or use ratchets to make up to 32 steps.
Could you please point to a factory patch that uses ratchets to make up to 32 steps or perhaps post an example patch ? I don't see any mention of it in the manual including the Arp/Seq tips and tricks section unless I'm missing it. A search in the .pdf for "ratchets" found nothing.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:09 pm
Could you please point to a factory patch that uses ratchets to make up to 32 steps or perhaps post an example patch ? I don't see any mention of it in the manual including the Arp/Seq tips and tricks section unless I'm missing it. A search in the .pdf for "ratchets" found nothing.
Sorry, I must be lacking coffee, I mistook the argument to be about the Shape Sequencer :oops:

Oh ok I thought I was just being stupid....again.... :hihi:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Urs wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:11 pm
Teksonik wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:09 pm
Sorry, I must be lacking coffee, I mistook the argument to be about the Shape Sequencer :oops:
That's no good, shame about the sequencer too :)

You could improvise with the combined use of LFO, Shape Sequencer, Scale Quantize and Random. Have the Random source modulating the in scale pitch, Shape Sequencer with high, low cells in Random by One trigger (at the main sequencer rate) modulating the output i.e. random volume gate and a square LFO with a 2 bar period scaling these modulations so that every second bar is a randomised variation of the main sequence. It's obviously not as powerful as having full control of the full 32 steps but it might yield some interesting results none-the-less.
Always Read the Manual!

i'd like to have a global on/off switch for ARP/SEQ (in the hexagon) just like for FX

Wow this one slipped right past me. Looks beautiful now!! No intro sale? Or did i miss it. Also is there an upgrade path? I own everything except hive.
Was on the fence before but this looks like a really speedy and fun synth to use.

DavidCarlyon wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:15 pm Wow this one slipped right past me. Looks beautiful now!! No intro sale? Or did i miss it. Also is there an upgrade path? I own everything except hive.
Was on the fence before but this looks like a really speedy and fun synth to use.
The intro sale was 4 years ago :)
Always Read the Manual!

I had a look back at my old email recite for Hive 1.0 which I picked up back in Dec 29 2014 ( during the Intro period ) and it cost.... just £58.38... (Some generous dude from the old props forum gave me a discount code to get a little more off I remember)... :party: The original Hive intro price inc vat was £78.10...

Saying that though, I probably spent about £150 on UHE's RE's for Reason which I have about 8 of. Now pretty redundant now as I don't use Reason any more... Can't sell or transfer them. Win some lose some..
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

The most exciting thing about this release for me is that zebra 3 is probably next 😊

I seriously cant wait. I log in every day knowing there probably wont be any new info for several months but hoping im wrong

Instead of more sequencer steps, just add conditional trigs like Elektron...

Not too fond of sequencers myself, although I do use them at times when creating a patch. Rather just put notes into piano roll. The only sequencer I use is on ABL3. It goes up to 32 steps but always use 16 tbh, and trigger different sequences on midi. ABL3 has the option to use every note on piano roll to trigger different sequence. Rarely go beyond 5 different sequences.

To each their own I suppose.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:42 pmSaying that though, I probably spent about £150 on UHE's RE's for Reason which I have about 8 of. Now pretty redundant now as I don't use Reason any more... Can't sell or transfer them. Win some lose some..
We did an upgrade offer from RE to VST. I think with 8 REs you had gotten the VST version for free (but don't quote me on this!). Try our support guys, maybe that still works.

pdxindy wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:04 pmInstead of more sequencer steps, just add conditional trigs like Elektron...
I've had my Analog Keys for 18 months now and I haven't so much as glanced at the sequencer. Consequently I have no idea what conditional trigs are or why I'd want to use them. All of which is to suggest that you probably need to tell people what you are talking about if you want them to consider your idea.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:19 am
pdxindy wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:04 pmInstead of more sequencer steps, just add conditional trigs like Elektron...
I've had my Analog Keys for 18 months now and I haven't so much as glanced at the sequencer. Consequently I have no idea what conditional trigs are or why I'd want to use them. All of which is to suggest that you probably need to tell people what you are talking about if you want them to consider your idea.
In the Elektron Sequencer any active individual step can be set to trigger by percentage or by some options such as every second or third iteration etc. and a number of other options. It makes it possible to have a 16 step sequence that has variations so it becomes a 32 or longer step sequence or is randomized. The Elektron sequencer can be up to 64 steps, but it is in 4 pages of 16 so being able to use just the 1 page of 16 steps but add some controlled variation is a faster workflow and musically useful.

I suggested it for Hive because if Hive sequencer were made 32 steps, it would end up in two tabs... which would be clumsy to work with. So I suggested the conditional trigs as a way to add some variation to the existing 16 step sequencer without adding any tabs or visual clutter. The GUI layout wouldn't need to be changed at all... only a right click option per step and some visual indication that the particular step has an active trigger option.

OK, that does sound cool and, as you say, musically useful but the thing is that with the new modulation options available, it doesn't matter any more. Whoever started whinging about it just looked at a screenshot and didn't bother to see anything beyond that.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Instruments”