Studio One
13%
Other?
6%

Total votes: 634

RELATED
PRODUCTS

pk-1 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:09 am
dupont wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:52 am poll "which DAW do you use" : Reaper is first with 63 votes
poll "which DAW do hate" : Reaper is first with 62 votes
:dog:
So KVR menbers like to use the DAW the hate the most ? :o
WTF ?
How would you come to hate (or love) something you don't use?

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. They voted they use it, not they like to use it.
So why do you use something you hate as there are many DAWs available ?

Maybe they are all rubbish in this guy's eye? They certainly all involve compromises.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Just another example that polls are absolutely useless. Especially when you consider the amount of people voting, and, that certain people will merely vote on certain polls.

Polls are useless because a) people are useless and b) what someone else does should make no objective difference to any other person so who cares anyway? Honestly, what sort of weak-minded idiot is going to look at the results and think "not many people are using what I use so I need to start using Reaper so it looks like I know what I'm doing". Sadly, the answer is probably way more people than you'd hope because of a), above.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:46 pm Polls are useless because a) people are useless and b) what someone else does should make no objective difference to any other person so who cares anyway? Honestly, what sort of weak-minded idiot is going to look at the results and think "not many people are using what I use so I need to start using Reaper so it looks like I know what I'm doing". Sadly, the answer is probably way more people than you'd hope because of a), above.
qft
Have you tried Vital?

No no, this poll is absolutely interesting!

It is interesting and not useless, because it shows what DAW people are using
who have enough time and leasure to slob around in forums.

Most of the professional studio workers just don't have the time to post
anything here. Instead they have drops of sweat on their forehead, because
the next deadline is coming nearer.

So this poll is a nice statistic of the general DAW-use in the group of leisure +
bedroom musicians, who are at KVR. And who doesn't want to know that? :D
(I don't!)
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

enroe wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:02 pm It is interesting and not useless, because it shows what DAW people are using
who have enough time and leasure to slob around in forums.
... and... are willing to vote in such polls, or are on a mission to promote their favorite software. And, and, and... or, or, or. And in the end, you have about 300 people who voted in such a poll. Which basically means... jack sh**. Well, at least it's fun. I guess. :P

ive used 4 different hosts in the years ive used computers for music.
the one i used working at a professional studio is the only one named.
poll is useless to me.
i refuse to vote "other" like some discarded minority group :x

Fairlight is also not listed. I use it for video-related audio editing. Although I wouldn't mind to have a Fairlight console in my studio (way above my budget :D ), I won't think about using Fairlight for music production as that is not it's area of application. The voice processing tools in Fairlight runs rings around anything available in other current DAWs though (but they are, again, specifically aimed at video related stuff).

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/nl/pro ... /fairlight
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

vurt wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:39 pm ive used 4 different hosts in the years ive used computers for music.
the one i used working at a professional studio is the only one named.
poll is useless to me.
i refuse to vote "other" like some discarded minority group :x
babya logic rules ok

I have 5 DAWS and use only 2 :(

chk071 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:06 pm Well, at least it's fun. I guess. :P
kvr is a blog, not reality! :party:
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

smh
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

igorpasche wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:08 am I have 5 DAWS and use only 2 :(
I only have 2 and since I can't sell FL it's staying that way. Reason or bust baby :hyper:

Mathematics wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:32 amsmh
Sardines Make Headlines?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”