FXpansion releases Cypher2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cypher (DCAM: Synth Squad) Cypher2

My expectation is that it'll work on an up-to-date (SP1 & Platform Update) Win7 system, but our QA coverage is 10-only at this point. It won't work on a vanilla W7 system without those two updates.
This account is dormant, I am no longer employed by FXpansion / ROLI.

Find me on LinkedIn or elsewhere if you need to get in touch.

Angus_FX wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:17 am My expectation is that it'll work on an up-to-date (SP1 & Platform Update) Win7 system, but our QA coverage is 10-only at this point. It won't work on a vanilla W7 system without those two updates.
It's been reported that the latest BFD - which is also now Win7 only - is blacklisted by Cubase 10, on Win7 systems. Hopefully, this isn't the case with Strobe2 as well....
vespesian (sean)

You're in an amazing state - so stay there.

Looking to buy Cypher2 and Strobe2 second hand. PM if interested.

On the Win7 front - perhaps someone with a system could give it a quick try and let us know?

Cypher2 works nicely on win 7 x64 last updated, services pack in Bitwig.
Best
YY

Thanks much Whywhy - are you running Cypher2 v2.5.1.2?

If Cypher2 works then Strobe2 certainly will - architecturally they're 95% the same at this point, and 100% in terms of things that would matter in relation to OS compatibility.

The license manager doesn't provide this beta updates? I've checked the option to include beta versions but still don't see the updates.

Is the beta only available to owners of cypher?

himalaya wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:06 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:25 am Hey Himalaya, can I ask a specific how-to thing? How do you set duophonic mode on? Also, can you use it duophonically with mpe, meaning that the two voices/oscillators respond to different midi channels?
Hi, sorry for the delay. I wanted to reply with a video. And here it is at last. My first ever tutorial video. :D

https://youtu.be/2s5tSw8EnHk
Cool, thanks for that. So I guess it should be possible to do MPE and have separate pitch control of the different oscs while they are in duophonic mode then.
Last edited by Echoes in the Attic on Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oops, accidental quote.

@Echoes in the Attic - yes to all of the above. You can use MPE to bend just osc 2 for example, use MPE bend to introduce hardsync sweeps or ring modulation...

Angus_FX wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:51 pm @Echoes in the Attic - yes to all of the above. You can use MPE to bend just osc 2 for example, use MPE bend to introduce hardsync sweeps or ring modulation...
That's cool. I was trying to get a set up with reaktor blocks where I could do Odyssey style duophonic with ring mod, but have separate channel control over the two voices so that the independent pitch changes would have interesting effects on the ring mod or fm interaction between the oscs. Sounds like Cypher is the only synth that can do that.

Is the beta only available to owners of cypher?

The beta is, yes, but the feature set in respect to duophonic is unchanged since the original v2 release, you can follow Raf's duophonic how-to video with the currently available demo. The only major difference is around CPU/RAM usage - the new update is a lot more efficient.

Angus_FX wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:03 am Thanks much Whywhy - are you running Cypher2 v2.5.1.2?

If Cypher2 works then Strobe2 certainly will - architecturally they're 95% the same at this point, and 100% in terms of things that would matter in relation to OS compatibility.
Yes !
Best
YY

@Angus_FX can you confirm that the license manager doesn't provide this beta versions?

Return to “Instruments”