Geonkick - percussion synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hi!

Here I have developed a free software (GPLv2) percussion synthesizer. The latest version is 1.6, runs as LV2 plugin and standalone on GNU/Linux for now. It has 3 layers, with 2 oscillators+noise per layer. It has envelopes for amplitude and frequency, filters cutoff. The realtime visualization of percussion graph. Can export to FLAC, WAV and ogg, save /open preset in JSON. I hope you'll find it useful.

Here is the source code: https://github.com/quamplex/geonkick (https://github.com/quamplex/geonkick)

This looks great!! Definitely gonna try it. Thanks a lot for sharing the project.

I still miss Stomper and Attack. Those were the days.

This looks pretty awesome! Any plans for a windows VST build in the future?

Drew Lake wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:00 am This looks pretty awesome! Any plans for a windows VST build in the future?
This!
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:04 am
Drew Lake wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:00 am This looks pretty awesome! Any plans for a windows VST build in the future?
This!
Yes, there is a plan to develop Windows/VST3 version in the follwings 2, 3 months.

iurie wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:58 pm
This!
Yes, there is a plan to develop Windows/VST3 version in the follwings 2, 3 months.
Great :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

iurie wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:58 pm
This!
Cool! :) Thank you, I look forward to trying it out. :wheee:

Finally! A good plugin only available to Linux users! :hihi:

I'm going to give it a try on my Linux Mint laptop, it looks like a worthy addition to my arsenal. :tu:

Any news on the Windows build yet? :pray: I'm very eager to try this.... :wink:

We need a Linux > Windows bridge. A sort of inverted Wine.
:hihi:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:22 pm We need a Linux > Windows bridge. A sort of inverted Wine.
:hihi:
Funny enough that's what I was thinking the other day. With all the the Windows to Linux Bridges available you'd think so wouldn't you? lol :shrug:

Is there any closed source Linux only synth? I doubt it... Its easier to recompile all existing open source synths for windows than programming such a bridge...;-)

Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:44 pm Is there any closed source Linux only synth? I doubt it... Its easier to recompile all existing open source synths for windows than programming such a bridge...;-)
Good point BUT I am not a coder/hacker/programmer so I would have to do my homework on that one. :P

Would love to try this on Windows. :tu:

While I do have one Linux computer, it’s not at all set up for music-making, or even sound-designing.

Looks great, anyway. Kudos.

Return to “Instruments”