Neutron 3 just dropped

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Neutron 3 Advanced Neutron 3 Standard Neutron Elements

SLiC wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:52 am The upgrade procing for bundle owners suite pricing is ludicrous as ever - I have suite 2 with everything at the latest version other than Neutron- they want $299 for the .1 upgrade! Its cheaper to upgrade from any other product or as a new user than to keep you suite up-to-date - I did the vocal synth/Nektar update (vocal pack) separately, so I have everything update other than Neutron Advanced and cant find a deal less than $200!
For me it's $99, or $84 @ JRR: https://www.jrrshop.com/izotope-music-p ... pgrade-mps

Ah- It was music production bundle I have, but as I also have Vocal Synth and Nektar at latest from another bundle I pretty much have everything at latest other than RX (which I don't need) so my upgrade price is to the MPS 2.1 (most of which I have) at 299 or 199 just to upgrade to N3A.

Not a biggy, maybe I will contact them for an individual price to roll it all together in to MPS, sees a much easier upward path!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Wondering whether there's a "Neutron 3 Elements", or if it's the same Neutron Elements as before (which I already own as I got it for free from PB).
On the iZotope page, they call the Elements version "Neutron Elements" but the Standard/Advanced versions are labeled "Neutron 3 Standard/Advanced", but on JRR, there's a product called "Neutron 3 Elements".
Last edited by AdvancedFollower on Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

The fact that v3 supposedly uses less RAM and 1/3 of CPU of the v2 means previous version is faulty or at least crappily coded.

I guess we need to file mass bug reports, no?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Also, I wonder if external side-chaining to compressor or dynamic EQ finally works in Reason?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

SLiC wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:52 am The upgrade procing for bundle owners suite pricing is ludicrous as ever - I have suite 2 with everything at the latest version other than Neutron- they want $299 for the .1 upgrade! Its cheaper to upgrade from any other product or as a new user than to keep you suite up-to-date - I did the vocal synth/Nektar update (vocal pack) separately, so I have everything update other than Neutron Advanced and cant find a deal less than $200!
I'm on MPB 2 and for me the crossgrade price to Mix & Master Advanced and MPS 2.1 is the same, which makes no sense given that MPS 2.1 contains more things than the Mix & Master bundle .
And of course "downgrading" to Neutron 3 Adv is 200$. Basically none of the options are appealing/worth it if all you want is the upgrade.

antic604 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:50 am The fact that v3 supposedly uses less RAM and 1/3 of CPU of the v2 means previous version is faulty or at least crappily coded.

v2 was unusable, i'll never buy a izotope plugins again, they are not serious.

I do not understand why people buy izotope products. They have a documented history of not fixing bugs and then either discontinuing bug ridden products or extort money for the fixes. They call it "paid update".

antic604 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:50 am The fact that v3 supposedly uses less RAM and 1/3 of CPU of the v2 means previous version is faulty or at least crappily coded.

Also further shows their tendency to quickly "abandon" releases.. You're pretty much guaranteed to never see updates except early bug fixes. This could have easily been Neutron 2.5 for example with cheaper update paths but no..

eXceedingdeath wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:43 am Also further shows their tendency to quickly "abandon" releases.. You're pretty much guaranteed to never see updates except early bug fixes. This could have easily been Neutron 2.5 for example with cheaper update paths but no..
Last time they do much if any updates (vs upgrade) was Ozone 5 days. That was long ago.
akeia wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:42 am I do not understand why people buy izotope products.
RX.

drdriller wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:20 am v2 was unusable
That's weird - I wonder how I managed to use it on every channel of every track since release without any issues? :D

akeia wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:42 am I do not understand why people buy izotope products. They have a documented history of not fixing bugs and then either discontinuing bug ridden products or extort money for the fixes. They call it "paid update".
Even with issues, their plugins do great job and are de facto industry standard. They do charge a lot for that convenience, though.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

mcbpete wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:15 pm
That's weird - I wonder how I managed to use it on every channel of every track since release without any issues? :D
Yes, very strange! Neutron 2 is working flawlessly and impressing well on all my tracks too... :lol:

softska wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:05 pm
akeia wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:42 am I do not understand why people buy izotope products.
RX.
So true, still using this one regularly (v6, I think)!
Some music with visuals and mixed tutorials related to game dev and sound design: https://www.youtube.com/@MetasideOfficial

mcbpete wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:15 pm
because you don't use dynamic eq, don't mind for the UI lag (500 ms to open..) and didn't notice the automation bug ("dirty flag" action triggered on each automated move).

Linear phase is also a ridiculous cpu hog but the dynamic band were the real issues on that plugins, my old i5 6400 didn't support more than 4 dynamic band (while i could add nearly as many dynamic band without notice with melda dynamic eq)
akeia wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:42 am I do not understand why people buy izotope products. They have a documented history of not fixing bugs and then either discontinuing bug ridden products or extort money for the fixes. They call it "paid update".
+10, waves and izotope are scam.

Return to “Effects”