Neutron 3 just dropped

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Neutron 3 Advanced Neutron 3 Standard Neutron Elements

Hm....$149 for the possibility that the Sculptor module may(???) have some
edge over Gullfoss for some tracks, seems a little far fetched.

251.16 usd for upgrade from MPB 2 to MPS 2.1 feels tempting, but then I remembered that I am an amateur with no income from my strange music and then I guess I'll try to avoid GAS and stick with what I have. MPB 2 is more than enough, coupled with all the other stuff... sigh... I should start selling stuff instead.*

*Wrote this to help against my GAS as much as for any other reason.

medienhexer wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:45 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:25 pm
mcbpete wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:15 pm
drdriller wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:20 am v2 was unusable
That's weird - I wonder how I managed to use it on every channel of every track since release without any issues? :D
Yes, very strange! Neutron 2 is working flawlessly and impressing well on all my tracks too... :lol:
Perhaps performance on Mac OS vs Windows?

On my Mac, it uses up more than Diva or Repro playing pad sounds in high quality. So I can use maybe four or five Instances due to CPU spikes caused by Neutron.
You wouldn't happen to be a Studio One user, would you?

Before I switched to Cubase, one of the things that put me off of S1 was that during the series of feature updates that added their built in console saturation thing, certain plugins (including, and especially, izotope) caused cpu to utterly skyrocket.

Razzia wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:11 pm
That's weird - I wonder how I managed to use it on every channel of every track since release without any issues? :D
Yes, very strange! Neutron 2 is working flawlessly and impressing well on all my tracks too... :lol:

On my Mac, it uses up more than Diva or Repro playing pad sounds in high quality. So I can use maybe four or five Instances due to CPU spikes caused by Neutron.
You wouldn't happen to be a Studio One user, would you?

Before I switched to Cubase, one of the things that put me off of S1 was that during the series of feature updates that added their built in console saturation thing, certain plugins (including, and especially, izotope) caused cpu to utterly skyrocket.
No, it’s Logic and Ableton Live in my case. But yes, when I demoed S1, it had terrible performance for me, too.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

I‘m on Mac as well and have really no problems with Neutron in LogicPro.

Phew... I thought I might be the only one who's incompetent , 'cos I've had no (major) issues (minor GUI things in just one DAW)
:hihi:

I was confused about the scalable interface, but it appears to only be in the VST3 version, at least on Windows, as there is no handle to drag the window out in the VST2 version. I've only had a very quick play around with it, but I'm not particularly fond of the way the controls for each module now appear to hover in the middle of the interface, unless I'm missing something.

andrew71 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:35 pm I'm not particularly fond of the way the controls for each module now appear to hover in the middle of the interface, unless I'm missing something.
I also don't like this, i prefer seeing what is going on with my dynamic eq settings without hovering a mouse over. Maybe I am also missing something.

Have they fixed the incompatibility with control surfaces yet? Neutron 2 gets very little use over here because it maps really badly to midi CCs. Several users including myself have complained about it, and they acknowledge the problem but it seems they don't care...unless it works now?

BTW. Sculptor is quite similiar to idea I suggested in one of user polls :roll:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Tempted by the level setting, that could save a lot of time but it is pricey..

thermal wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:08 pm Have they fixed the incompatibility with control surfaces yet? Neutron 2 gets very little use over here because it maps really badly to midi CCs. Several users including myself have complained about it, and they acknowledge the problem but it seems they don't care...unless it works now?
this could be about the dirty flag issue i mention earlier, when mapping automation the first control maps well but as you try to map a second control, the first event that come to the host is not the control but a litterally named "dirty flag" event, so the mapping do not occurs.

some host map the desired event + the dirty flag event, so the automation is working but a strange dirty flag event is also triggered on each automation move, weird, so badly designed, those guys are not serious programmers.
martinjuenke wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:23 pm I‘m on Mac as well and have really no problems with Neutron in LogicPro.
how many dynamic band can you set before your cpu glitch ?

gaf_thit wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:03 pm 251.16 usd for upgrade from MPB 2 to MPS 2.1 feels tempting, but then I remembered that I am an amateur with no income from my strange music and then I guess I'll try to avoid GAS and stick with what I have. MPB 2 is more than enough, coupled with all the other stuff... sigh... I should start selling stuff instead.*

*Wrote this to help against my GAS as much as for any other reason.
Other than Neutron 3 Advanced, what does this particular upgrade add?

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:23 pm Other than Neutron 3 Advanced, what does this particular upgrade add?
I can´t see anything else.

I had this with Neutron 1, back then I heard others were having no trouble with it at all. I was using a Xeon processor at the time, maybe that's something to do with it?

Return to “Effects”