Neutron 3 just dropped

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Neutron 3 Advanced Neutron 3 Standard Neutron Elements

mitchiemasha wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:23 am I was hoping for frequency tracking EQ like Nectar (another upgrade i skipped).
That's unique feature of another product, priced at 249 USD :P
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

jens wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:13 pm The upgrade to N3 Advanced from N2 Advanced is 50€ less than what it is if you have any Izotope product. :bang:

Now I seriously wish they would end up bankrupt asap!

This is just bizarre - Mark Ethier seems like a really nice, likeable and sensible guy, but his company... ? Oh boy!

iZotope is the only VST manufacturer in existence that I have such bad blood for. I'm totally off the iZotope train. They cooked the goose a little while back for me.

The final nail in the coffin was that whole debacle of them selling ozone for 50 quid. It made me realise that VSTs are worthless. They have no intrinsic value at all. Financially, I mean. Apart from just a slick marketing and advertising game of nickel and diming the punters.

Now, I'm not someone that complains when I buy a plugin and next week someone gets it for less or free even. The recent shitshow that was the u-he sale being a case in point. Not from Urs's end of course, but all the whiney punters who felt aggrieved that someone was getting a bit more of a bargain than they had. All the time not able to see the bigger picture of their hallowed vst maker expanding his business and user base. Small minded and petty. I bought Repro. In fact, I bought it twice! Just because I'd already agreed to a sale - the seller took a while to get back - but I honoured it anyway. I digress.

So I'm not 'that guy'. I don't care about updates even really. I buy the software, I get use and value, an update is nice, bugfixes are nice. But it is what it is. I'm very easy going in this regard.

But iZotope have really jumped the shark. This update should be free. If one was cynical you might think they just switched out a couple of lines of code and said 'eh, we'll sell this to the suckers in a year's time as an update, the mugs'. Thankfully I'm not cynical. :lol:

Their prices go up and down quicker than a whore's draws. They have more sales than Wusik! And their customer support is rude. The corporate carousel has not been a boon for their customers. It's a shame because they make great products, even if Neutron is a dog on most systems.

I can live without everything iZotope do from now on. They will never see another penny from me. RX is the one thing they can leverage, but I have v7 - I won't be updating. No matter what.

If D16 are an example of a company that do everything right, iZotope are an example of a company that do everything wrong. Totally detached from their user base. No good will ever given out. Always angling.

I don't want to be a speculator or an investor or a broker. I don't want to have to spend every hour of the day scouring for the best deals, only to have the rug pulled out from under me a day later. I just want a decent upgrade path, to feel valued as a customer that spends hundreds of pounds, to be notified of new versions, given a few special offers and deals along the way as well now and again for a bit of that magical 'good will'. I don't expect something for nothing. I do expect bug fixes when a program runs like a dog though, and I expect that for free. Call me entitled (I know I'm not).

There's a way to play this game. And iZotope aren't very good at it. You build up an aggregate picture after a while with a company. They don't portray a very good image to me, haven't for a long time. They had time to listen, but no. And I know I'm not alone in this outlook. I'm just glad I'm not a professional and reliant on the tools they provide and that are expected now in a big studio. I guess they know their market better than I do.

This is a merry-go-round I'm more than happy to jump off.

I'll probably keep the handful of (excellent) plugins I have from them. I don't know. I doubt I'll sell, because I need backward compatibility. But I won't be buying anything new.

iZotope, you had an excellent opportunity to create a little bit of good will here. Many people have complained that Neutron is a dog. You could have offered this as a free update. It would have been the decent thing to do. The right thing to do. But no, you are so detached now, like a junkie focusing on his next fix.

More fool the suckers that pay extra to get the working software that they already paid for. But I guess you know your market. You are making a profit, and that is all that matters.

It makes no difference to me.

I ain't even mad bro'.

:tu:

ictools wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:38 am
EnochLight wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:38 am
That’s not 60% off of the upgrade from Neutron 2 Advanced to Neutron 3 Advanced. Sorry. It’s locked to 25% off everywhere so far.
That just shows you they run over 50% off sales all the time. Like I said, be patient and it will hit that mark on Black Friday, or a few months before Version 4 is released.
I’m not sure if you’re purposely being obtuse or really just don’t know any better. No, they DO NOT run “50% off” of the upgrades - which is specifically what I’m talking about. If they do, it’s far more rare than you think.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

martinjuenke wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:08 am I just wanted to help.
Now I am attacked ad hominem. :roll:
Forget it.
Look for other targets of your trolling.
you come and tell us we are wrong about performance while you don't even know what is linear phase and dynamic eq, why are you speaking there ?

"this car drive really well, i've been keeping it in my garage for 3 years with no issues"

EnochLight wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:01 pm
ictools wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:38 am
EnochLight wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:38 am
That’s not 60% off of the upgrade from Neutron 2 Advanced to Neutron 3 Advanced. Sorry. It’s locked to 25% off everywhere so far.
That just shows you they run over 50% off sales all the time. Like I said, be patient and it will hit that mark on Black Friday, or a few months before Version 4 is released.
I’m not sure if you’re purposely being obtuse or really just don’t know any better. No, they DO NOT run “50% off” of the upgrades - which is specifically what I’m talking about. If they do, it’s far more rare than you think.
You could always wait until it comes up for sale in the buy/sell subforum here for more then 50% off, if you don't have the patience to wait for Black Friday or a few months before the next version is released.

Izotope has been running all kinds of 50% off sales lately and even virtual instrument combos for $49 for two. So I'm pretty sure you'll see more of the same, even your precious upgrades. I have a feeling they don't have quite the same customer base as they once did, and their sales tactics seem more desperate and aggressive as of late.

So buckle up for the ride, open day tickets are expensive, wait until the end of the season.
Last edited by ictools on Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No brainer.

Buying the upgrades while the offer is on.

They're pricey plugs, but they get used all the time, so it's cheap when seen this way.
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

ictools wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:58 pm You could always wait until it comes up for sale in the buy/sell subforum here for more then 50% off, if you don't have the patience to wait for Black Friday or a few months before the next version is released.
:lol: It's like talking with a wall, this one. As said a dozen times before, I've seen no evidence to support your assertion that Black Friday brings upgrades from the same version to 50% off. I'd love to be proven wrong, though.
ictools wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:58 pm Izotope has been running all kinds of 50% off sales lately and even virtual instrument combos for $49 for two. So I'm pretty sure you'll see more of the same, even your precious upgrades. I have a feeling they don't have quite the same customer base as they once did, and their sales tactics seem more desperate and aggressive as of late.

So buckle up for the ride, open day tickets are expensive, wait until the end of the season.
No one is denying they have regular sales. But you know this already. :tu: Times are changing, the market is more competitive than ever, and gone are the days when you could only get Ozone 2 for $600 USD or no dice.

Keep on keeping on, man. Just don't get banned again too soon - I enjoy your wackiness. ;)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

codec_spurt wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:06 am Their prices go up and down quicker than a whore's draws.
:lol:
More BPM please

I think Neutron 3 has enough new capabilities to get my money

Upgrade from elements or any product to 3 STD $99.

Upgrade from neutron STD 1-2 to 3 STD $99.

No upgraded for elements 6 to elements 7/8 etc.

Many dropped products. I personally will only ever buy 75% or more off izotope products.

Enough said.

EnochLight wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:12 pm
:lol: It's like talking with a wall, this one. As said a dozen times before, I've seen no evidence to support your assertion that Black Friday brings upgrades from the same version to 50% off. I'd love to be proven wrong, though.

No one is denying they have regular sales. But you know this already. :tu: Times are changing, the market is more competitive than ever, and gone are the days when you could only get Ozone 2 for $600 USD or no dice.

Keep on keeping on, man. Just don't get banned again too soon - I enjoy your wackiness. ;)
Today is a new day, tomorrow is a new sale. Just hang in there, I'm sure your 50% off upgrades will come soon enough. Izotope has a new method of collecting as much as they can from old users before rewarding everyone else during Black Friday or the end of the upgrade cycle. If you've been paying close attention lately, you'll notice their shift in sales tactics, as to stay competitive with so many other developers these days.

DJ Warmonger wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:28 am
mitchiemasha wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:23 am I was hoping for frequency tracking EQ like Nectar (another upgrade i skipped).
That's unique feature of another product, priced at 249 USD :P
And it would of been amazing to see it here.
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

Any Reason users out there that have upgraded to Neutron 3? Really wondering if the sidechaining issue was fixed.

morelia wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:10 am
Ou_Tis wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:57 amBalance will listen to your entire track and start altering gain levels
Keen to hear examples of this. I've done a couple here and they were a complete mess.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxX_Cv-xLz8

topaz wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:37 pm Upgrade from elements or any product to 3 STD $99.

Upgrade from neutron STD 1-2 to 3 STD $99.

No upgraded for elements 6 to elements 7/8 etc.

Many dropped products. I personally will only ever buy 75% or more off izotope products.

Enough said.
I stopped using iZotope, but the crossgrade from any elements to MPS2.1 for $399 ($335 with GROUP) is ridiculous for anyone who paid even half off.

Return to “Effects”