NI Summer of sound has begun

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

K12 will be my final update.
Next possible Komplete update will happen with Kontakt 7 or Reaktor 7.
Even then it will be at least four years from now.
This will not likely to be enticing enough to rejoin the Komplete bandwagon.

Absynth has been abandoned so no longer looking forward to Absynth 6.
Melda Sound Factory may be a good Absynth replacement.

@Kalamata, I hate to say it, but I think I agree.

I'm not upset about it though. I just have enough content that I don't need all of the things they are offering.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:00 am K12 will be my final update.

Yes and No
The problem with absynth is mainly the crazy UI it has but the synthesis engine in it is quite robust IF you know how to work it.
I find MSF to be overwhelming and difficult even to make a simple psy bass sound with a snappy envelope to the filter cutoff, while in Absynth it's dead simple to make one.
With that I can see just how easy it is to make even more complex sounds since a Psybass is literally a lowpass saw wave with a snappy envelope.

MuzikFreq wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:34 am

Yes and No
The problem with absynth is mainly the crazy UI it has but the synthesis engine in it is quite robust IF you know how to work it.
I find MSF to be overwhelming and difficult even to make a simple psy bass sound with a snappy envelope to the filter cutoff, while in Absynth it's dead simple to make one.
With that I can see just how easy it is to make even more complex sounds since a Psybass is literally a lowpass saw wave with a snappy envelope.
Hmmm. Perhaps I should reconsider the idea that MSF can partially or fully replace Absynth. I should review the hype that MSF is getting. There other ways to make ambient music but Absynth was in my opinion at the top of that pyramid.

yul wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:36 pm Any chance of individual instruments (Super 8 ) being on sale soon?
Not until Thanksgiving. As suggested, use e-voucher. It's a great synth IMO.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:51 am
MuzikFreq wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:34 am

Yes and No
Hmmm. Perhaps I should reconsider the idea that MSF can partially or fully replace Absynth. I should review the hype that MSF is getting. There other ways to make ambient music but Absynth was in my opinion at the top of that pyramid.
Anything can be for ambient
Just toss on a thick layer of Valhalla Shimmer :hihi: jk jk or am I?

Guys, anyone else yet to get e-voucher?

It's been more than 24 hours for me having registered mine. Not that I have to use it for anything at the moment, but nothing more important to post right now. :wink:

Bought on Wednesday morning, no voucher yet, no answer to my support ticket...

martinjuenke wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:21 am Bought on Wednesday morning, no voucher yet, no answer to my support ticket...
Thanks for the update. I am going to put the serial number (a few times) again in NA to see if that triggers the e-voucher. ;)

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:03 am
martinjuenke wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:21 am Bought on Wednesday morning, no voucher yet, no answer to my support ticket...
Thanks for the update. I am going to put the serial number (a few times) again in NA to see if that triggers the e-voucher. ;)
maybe send NI support a ticket. Also, doulbe check your spam folder.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:15 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:03 am
maybe send NI support a ticket. Also, doulbe check your spam folder.
Yeah, I will do that if I don't get it by Monday. The e-vouchers have never gone to spam (including now so far), but thanks for the tip.

Got my vouchers about a few hours after registering yesterday, so probably better you email support to ask what's up

There is a voucher section in your NI account so check there even if you haven't gotten an email. Might be there

Yes, I did check in my account. Not there yet, too. Gonna chat with support on Monday.

I don't think I've ever used any of mine.

Return to “Instruments”