TOYBOX - the new modular toolkit for Reaktor Racks, with free pack!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

CinningBao wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:17 pm Happy to help! :)

If anyone has any suggestions for videos they might want to see, post in here and we'll see if we've thought of it already!
I doubt you could ever exhaust my curiosity over interesting uses for, and unusual setups using, all the MIDI sequencing powers of the Toybox. Or it's sample- and WT- messing-with capabilities. Thanks for asking!

David wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:21 pm
David@TOYBOX wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 12:36 pm Sound designer CinningBao demonstrating how to build a basic synth and then use the ‘Macro Preset’ block to create a set of preset sounds to morph between:

https://youtu.be/t7PgxZlQjQk
Very interesting, thanks! But, what's the advantage of this over simply using snapshots, both for the Master Ensemble, and for the individual blocks? Those are much faster to create (2 clicks), and there are 128 slots available.

Is my perspective as a long-time full-version Reaktor user clouding my vision here…?:)
Hi David,

In Racks or 'Play' mode snapshots don't really exist. The Racks files (.nksr) do not contain the complete code for the layout, like Ensemble files; just a reference to the blocks and how they are connected (and the knob/switch settings and some other stuff).

If you only use the blocks in Ensemble mode then sure, I guess you don't have a need to use this Macro Preset block to make presets! But it could be used in more esoteric ways.. For example, pattern selectors in multiple sequencers for constructing song 'parts', or for managing the oscillators of a polyphonic synth (see the latest video).. Maybe try and see it a single knob which can change lots of others knobs at the same time :) what you do with that magical knob?

I hope that helps a a little!

Good answer, thanks:) I'm so used to snapshots, I can't see myself ever NOT wanting to be sure I can always use them, but your examples are intriguing, and would work just as well in Ensemble mode, I gather, yes?

A pleasure! And sure, you can use the Macro Preset as any of those things I mentioned, and more, in Ensemble mode (since you _could_create snapshots with different knob positions for each Macro Preset position). You could use it as a chord machine, with position on the Macro preset being a different chord, so 8 chords in all... And all the morphing chords between (which could be Snapped to scale with the Transpose device (I'm giving away all my secrets here!))

Some neural nuggets to chew on :)

CinningBao (above) getting robotic with the TOYBOX Analog Vocoder block :)

https://youtu.be/07sFW9ytXok

Here's a tip to modulate any control in Reaktor Blocks even if the control doesn't have a modulation slider

https://youtu.be/xAljFk50AKA

David@TOYBOX wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:44 pm Here's a tip to modulate any control in Reaktor Blocks even if the control doesn't have a modulation slider

https://youtu.be/xAljFk50AKA
Brilliant, thank you:)

How big of a download is the free pack?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:56 am How big of a download is the free pack?
78,8 MB.

BeeDog wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:54 am
Halonmusic wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:56 am How big of a download is the free pack?
78,8 MB.
Thanks.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Here's a script for Logic users to control plugins using the Reaktor MIDI-AU plugin -->

Code: Select all

// Transforms incoming MIDI Messages

function HandleMIDI(event) {
      midichannel = GetParameter("Channel");
      ccnumber = GetParameter("Input CC Number 1");
      sendeventsthru = GetParameter("Thru");
      eventccnumber = event.number;
      eventvalue = event.value;
      inputchannel = event.channel;

if (inputchannel == midichannel){

if(event instanceof ControlChange && eventccnumber==ccnumber) {

var newEvent = new TargetEvent();               //create new Target Event
        newEvent.target = "Target 1";                 //set menu entry to be used by this event by its name
        newEvent.value = eventvalue/128;              //set the event value
        newEvent.send();                              //send the event

}
        else{

ccnumber = GetParameter("Input CC Number 2");

var newEvent = new TargetEvent();                //create new Target Event
        newEvent.target = "Target 2";                  //set menu entry to be used by this event by its name
        newEvent.value = eventvalue/128;               //set the event value
        newEvent.send();                               //send the event

}
            else{

ccnumber = GetParameter("Input CC Number 3");

newEvent.target = "Target 3";                  //set menu entry to be used by this event by its name
      }
            else{

ccnumber = GetParameter("Input CC Number 4");

newEvent.target = "Target 4";                  //set menu entry to be used by this event by its name
      }
            else{
        event.send();
        }
        }
        }
        }
    if (sendeventsthru){
    event.send();
    }
    }
    else event.send();  
}

var PluginParameters =
[
{name:"Target 1", type:"target"},
{name:"Target 2", type:"target"},
{name:"Target 3", type:"target"},
{name:"Target 4", type:"target"},
{name:"Input CC Number 1", type:"lin", minValue:0, maxValue:127, numberOfSteps:127, defaultValue:1},
{name:"Input CC Number 2", type:"lin", minValue:0, maxValue:127, numberOfSteps:127, defaultValue:1},
{name:"Input CC Number 3", type:"lin", minValue:0, maxValue:127, numberOfSteps:127, defaultValue:1},
{name:"Input CC Number 4", type:"lin", minValue:0, maxValue:127, numberOfSteps:127, defaultValue:1},
{name:"Channel", type:"lin", minValue:1, maxValue:16, numberOfSteps:15, defaultValue:1},
{name:"Thru", type:"checkbox", defaultValue:0}
];
Like this (just copy and paste the script into Logic's Scripter MIDI plugin):
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by David@TOYBOX on Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

If I save a rack as an ensemble that uses a Toybox block can I then share that ensemble with other Reaktor users? Or will the fact it uses a Toybox block prevent that?
Check out my YouTube channel for dose of Acid: https://www.youtube.com/acidalex

If I save a rack as an ensemble that uses a Toybox block can I then share that ensemble with other Reaktor users? Or will the fact it uses a Toybox block prevent that?
They will need to have the Toybox packs installed to be able to open the ensemble containing the blocks.

David@TOYBOX wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:06 pm
They will need to have the Toybox packs installed to be able to open the ensemble containing the blocks.
Okay thanks, makes sense
Check out my YouTube channel for dose of Acid: https://www.youtube.com/acidalex

David@TOYBOX wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:01 pm Here's a script for Logic users to control plugins using the Reaktor MIDI-AU plugin -->

Like this (just copy and paste the script into Logic's Scripter MIDI plugin):
COOL! Many thanks!

Return to “Instruments”