Unfiltered audio Triad

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it just me or is the MIX control on Triad totally broken?
As in, on 0% it's supposed to be just the dry signal but it isn't. Easiest way if you have a subtle effect on is to whack around the sample rate button and you will hear the characteristic effect. Do the same thing on BYOME with the mix on zero and you'll hear no effect at all, just the dry input signal.
Last edited by graspee on Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

graspee wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:56 pm Is it just me or is the MIX control on Triad totally broken?
It’s you.
Working well here.

graspee wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:56 pm Is it just me or is the MIX control on Triad totally broken?
Working here using the VST3 in Cubase (Windows 10).

simmo75 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:02 pm
It’s you.
Working well here.
When you have mix on 0% it's just playing the input signal? You can wang around the sample rate control for example and hear nothing?

I have tried the mix control in Ableton Live and Reason and it's working fine: no effects heard on 0% but the sample rate still can be heard.
In FL Studio 20 it's broken and when mix is on 0% it is NOT just the dry signal.

My conclusion is that something about FL or Triad is broken such that Triad Mix control does not work in FL studio as it should and further to that the sample rate always changes the sound in all DAWs despite the mix being on 0% which is different to how the sample rate and mix control interacted in BYOME.

For those who say BlueCat can split the bands already and yes for much more than buying Triad. For all the disgruntled second hand market sellers well isn't that a pity.

Hi everyone,

The $49 voucher code was intended for BYOME owners only, as it is the difference in price between the products. I reached out to PA, and that code has now been deactivated, along with dynamic discounts for BYOME and Triad. New codes will be sent out to BYOME owners. Please do not share the voucher codes here.

BYOME will continue to be maintained and improved. I am posting a new public beta this week on the BYOME thread that adds in Wide Mode, HiDPI Support, and other fixes. It is in no way a discontinued or obsolete product.

From a design standpoint, we find them to be two very different workflows. In our personal work, we use BYOME about 80% of the time compared to Triad. It's faster to use, less CPU intensive, and generally more than enough for the job.

To those joking about us putting out another product to replace Triad, that's simply not true. We've been working toward this for two years now, and we do not currently have any more new effects planned with the BYOME technology.

thelizard wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:58 pm I reached out to PA, and that code has now been deactivated.
That's so funny. I had not been interested in Byome, but got the Byome discount at PA (perhaps cuz I bought other UA stuff) so I decided to demo Triad (a coding masterpiece), and now my price at PA just went way up. Well UA, you can't please everybody! Best of luck to you.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

thelizard wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:58 pm BYOME will continue to be maintained and improved. I am posting a new public beta this week on the BYOME thread that adds in Wide Mode, HiDPI Support, and other fixes. It is in no way a discontinued or obsolete product.
Good to hear, but the marketing and branding of Triad didn't make this so clear and has understandibly annoyed or confused many customers.

You're a talented dev team and deserve the recognition, but also you need to recognise that your customers are the only thing you have to be a success. The messaging and relationship with your customers should be a paramount concern to keep us on-board and willing to invest in these plugins.

The fact so many people got this for $49 without even owning BYOME is sub par, let alone that many of us spent a lot of money very recently on a product which--if you have the horsepower for Triad--is near obsolete.

I'm therefore yet to buy Triad and have been using BYOME in Live and implementing it within M/S and multiband chains quite successfully for my needs.

thelizard wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:58 pm Hi everyone,

The $49 voucher code was intended for BYOME owners only, as it is the difference in price between the products. I reached out to PA, and that code has now been deactivated, along with dynamic discounts for BYOME and Triad. New codes will be sent out to BYOME owners. Please do not share the voucher codes here.
Congrats on your new product. Here is some customer feedback: As a PA customer, with all of their products, I am going to wait for Triad. The bugs, limitations and UX issues need to fixed and I am also not so interested to support a well tenured company that flubs up such a product launch. I'll wait. I don't really have GAS anymore as I've trained it out of myself. Waiting is a breeze now. And because of the way PA has shot themselves in the foot, I'll likely get it for $0-24 max. Perhaps in the fall or winter. or never if the issues aren't cleaned up. Good luck! :phones:

So there was a screw up where some people got TRIAD for $49. I'm not sure how this negatively impacts any actual BYOME users. You continue to get offered TRIAD for $49. You'll still have to make the same choice about whether or not the additional features are worth it for you to upgrade. Why be bothered by what someone else got it for? If you think TRIAD is worth the $49 upgrade as a BYOME user, buy it. Don't decide that you want it, but won't be upgrading because someone else, in error, got the same deal you did. That doesn't impact you. It only impacts the person who got the deal. If you want it and don't upgrade for that reason, then that's just cutting off your nose to spite your face.

/mom lecture mode off

:tu:

plexuss wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:47 pm
thelizard wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:58 pm Hi everyone,

Congrats on your new product. Here is some customer feedback: As a PA customer, with all of their products, I am going to wait for Triad. The bugs, limitations and UX issues need to fixed and I am also not so interested to support a well tenured company that flubs up such a product launch. I'll wait. I don't really have GAS anymore as I've trained it out of myself. Waiting is a breeze now. And because of the way PA has shot themselves in the foot, I'll likely get it for $0-24 max. Perhaps in the fall or winter. or never if the issues aren't cleaned up. Good luck! :phones:
Why would they even care what you have to say if you'll only get their plugin if it's basically free?
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

So, after spending more time with Triad today, I'm still very happy with it. Probably even more so than my initial experiments with it yesterday. That said, I have a few questions or potential bugs for Michael.

1. Is it a bug that copy and pasting a lane doesn't paste over the modulators? Example: load a Byome preset...it goes on the Low-band lane. Cut and Paste that entire lane to the Mid-Band. Result: the effects were copy and pasted from the low to mid lane, but not the modulations. Expected results: effects and modulations would be pasted.

2. Another potential bug: Stutter mode has a "Smooth" mode which is supposed to add a quick crossfade to remove clicks...is this working as intended? I don't hear a difference with it on or off. Lots of clicks in patches with Stutter mode. In fact, I'm strongly in the clicks always = bad camp, which is why I generally stay away from stuter/grain effects in the first place. So as a developer, please be aggressive in crossfading these to avoid clicks.

3. Is there a known issue with the Follower losing it's setting? I'm finding old patches where I had it set to input are loading with it set to sidechain.

4. Now for some praise: I've been finding this most useful in 2-band (Low/High) with the additional Post section. This will probably be my go-to routing because it let's you do heavy processing on the mids+high band, keep the lows clean and narrow, then throw an additional reverb or delay over everything to smooth things out. I really dig this particular setup. It avoids the overkill of 3 frequency bands, while letting you do some additional post-processing for more shaping. So good.

Greenstorm33 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:52 pm Why would they even care what you have to say if you'll only get their plugin if it's basically free?
You aren't thinking. I am not going to give you the answer. Use your brain first. :dog:

Return to “Effects”