Vember Audio Surge is now open-source

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Surge XT The Sonic Transformation

Dandruff wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:54 pm Another issue:

When the hosts audio engine isn't running, the Surge UI is not getting updated (when choosing different patch for example).
Thanks - can you let me know which daw which os and which host flavor? Then I’ll log it as a github issue unless you want to.

Errror - Surge freezes - Version 1.6.1.1

[url=https://postimages.org/]Image

Future1313 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:27 am Errror - Surge freezes - Version 1.6.1.1

Huh well that’s a new one. Can you give me any info on how you did that (like, what host, what patch, what you were doing, did it even start at all, are you 32 or 64 bit?)

The code has this useful comment:

<pre>
assert(!(refcount > 5)); // if its >5 there's some crazy *§%* going on ^^
</pre>

which has been there since the system was open sourced in September. This indicates you've somehow made surge do a whole bunch of thread locks.

I just reviewed the code and don't find any cases where I can see that an enter() and leave() would mismatch (which would cause this problem) so I'm not sure how this could happen. But clearly it did!

So understanding what you did to do this would be super-duper helpful.

Thank you

baconpaul wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:02 pm
Dandruff wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:54 pm Another issue:

When the hosts audio engine isn't running, the Surge UI is not getting updated (when choosing different patch for example).
Thanks - can you let me know which daw which os and which host flavor? Then I’ll log it as a github issue unless you want to.
REAPER 5.978/x64 on Windows 8.1 Pro

Options/Preferences/Audio/Playback: Run FX when stopped = disabled

Just change a patch in Surge when playback is stopped and the track is not record/monitor-armed ...

Mouse back/forward buttons also don't work (VST2) - in 1.5 they did (disable /enable modulation assignment mode).

baconpaul wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:45 pm
Future1313 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:27 am Errror - Surge freezes - Version 1.6.1.1

Huh well that’s a new one. Can you give me any info on how you did that (like, what host, what patch, what you were doing, did it even start at all, are you 32 or 64 bit?)

<pre>
</pre>

which has been there since the system was open sourced in September. This indicates you've somehow made surge do a whole bunch of thread locks.

I just reviewed the code and don't find any cases where I can see that an enter() and leave() would mismatch (which would cause this problem) so I'm not sure how this could happen. But clearly it did!

Thank you
Hi - I make at the Time a Soundbank for the Surge. ( I share it when it's ready)
I used: Windows 10 Pro, 64 Bit, Presonus - Studio One, AMD -FX 8350 (4Ghz), 16 GB RAM

I found minor glitch in gfx (v 1.6.1.1)
in 200% colour of routing items fills shapes perfectly (right side)
But in 150% scale (on the left) background doesn't fill whole shapes.
(see image below)
Last edited by maxym.srpl on Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dandruff wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:26 pm Mouse back/forward buttons also don't work (VST2) - in 1.5 they did (disable /enable modulation assignment mode).
Which buttons exactly? Thanks!

Future1313 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:31 pm

<pre>
</pre>

Thank you
Hi - I make at the Time a Soundbank for the Surge. ( I share it when it's ready)
I used: Windows 10 Pro, 64 Bit, Presonus - Studio One, AMD -FX 8350 (4Ghz), 16 GB RAM
OK useful. I wonder what your soundbank did that tickled this bug. Can you reproduce it or was it a one time thing?

Thank you

baconpaul wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:30 pm
Dandruff wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:26 pm Mouse back/forward buttons also don't work (VST2) - in 1.5 they did (disable /enable modulation assignment mode).
The two side buttons on a mouse.

Dandruff wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:39 pm
I'm a mac user. Didn't even know mice had side buttons! So what, one side toggled modulation on and the other side toggled it off? Need to see if VSTGUI offers that event even and I have no idea how I would test it on my mac!

Anyway:

Added reaper patch not changing to this: https://github.com/surge-synthesizer/surge/issues/817
Your observation that it correlates with record enable is very useful.

And added mouse side buttons https://github.com/surge-synthesizer/surge/issues/906

Thanks

baconpaul wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:08 pm
Dandruff wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:39 pm
I'm a mac user. Didn't even know mice had side buttons! So what, one side toggled modulation on and the other side toggled it off?
Exactly. Both buttons are usually on the left side of a mouse (used as prev/next buttons in most apps).

maxym.srpl wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:47 pm I found minor glitch in gfx (v 1.6.1.1)
in 200% colour of routing items fills shapes perfectly (right side)
But in 150% scale (on the left) background doesn't fill whole shapes.
(see image below)
Thanks. Logged here https://github.com/surge-synthesizer/surge/issues/907

baconpaul wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:31 pm
Future1313 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:31 pm

<pre>
</pre>

Thank you
OK useful. I wonder what your soundbank did that tickled this bug. Can you reproduce it or was it a one time thing?

Thank you
Hi, after the error i have delete the v1.6.1.1 and install the last beta. When i have ready my Soundbank i install the new one and then when the Error comes back, i wrote it here.

Thank you

Return to “Instruments”