seeing posts in Social media from music stores make me want to go and see what to buy!

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is this happening to you too? Am I a gear addicted and when I see posts from Thomann for example make me want to go and check for something to buy? Is this a deliberately subconscious thing they are doing so you remember that they exist and to buy from them? am I feeling alone and think that buying gear will make me happy ? am I not knowing what to do and start topics in here? or what. lol!

obey :borg:
consume :borg:

It's called "advertising".

It's been around for quite a long time.

Great thread!

Thavma wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:15 am Is this happening to you too? Am I a gear addicted and when I see posts from Thomann for example make me want to go and check for something to buy?
Not as much as posts at KVR; I just spent £17000 on Thomann merchandise you bastard!
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Thavma wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:15 am Is this happening to you too? Am I a gear addicted and when I see posts from Thomann for example make me want to go and check for something to buy? Is this a deliberately subconscious thing they are doing so you remember that they exist and to buy from them? am I feeling alone and think that buying gear will make me happy ? am I not knowing what to do and start topics in here? or what. lol!
1. No.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. I'm guessing, yes.
5. Yes.
6. What?

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:54 pm 6. What?
yeah, definitely what.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I wish I could say no.

whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:59 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:54 pm 6. What?
yeah, definitely what.
:tu:

Don’t forget to read all the Sell & Buy posts here at kvr. Charity begins at home!
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

I sometimes click on a Thomann advert i see here. But, that's as "good" as it gets for me. ;)

What's much worse is when a synth or effect which interests me gets a release announcement here, with the typical "OMFG, it sounds AWESOME!!!" posts... :bang: :-x I wouldn't want to know how much money i already wasted that way. :lol: (OK, never without a bit of testing, of course ;))

You are being manipulated ... :P

Yeah.. but... not by the evil multinational corporations... but... by the community. :oops:

don't blame us for your weakness :P

Took me to stop hanging around in guitar forums to break my guitar addiction. I wonder how much I've spent on software since I joined here? I've noticed a bit of an upward trend in the last year.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”