Wusik X42 BETA (Windows only for now) - Instrument/Effect Bridge and more

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

WilliamK wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:57 pm I just downloaded the Waves Central and added a Demo effect. Now I can't find where it installed, an no host can track it down. I did a search and found the DLL file at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins V10\API-560.bundle\Contents\Win64\

I added that to each host search path, nothing. I can't believe on how hard is to install this bloody thing. :-( Any hints? Please?

Cheers, WilliamK
I don't thik you need to care about bundle contents. Look for something like WaveShell1-VST 10.0_x64.dll - it's entry point to Waves plugins that should allow you to enumerate the list of them. Also, one more question - which anti-alias filter you use when doing oversampling?

Gahhh, I see it now. A bit strange, it installed on programs\vst plugins... hum....

Thanks. :hug:

The filter I use is one from JUCE, I can PM you the code if you want to check it out.

Cheers, WilliamK

Ok, JUCE's code does scan the Waves plugin. The problem now is my Bridge code, I will figure something out. ;-) Ahhh, the never ending job.... :dog:

WilliamK wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:11 pm Gahhh, I see it now. A bit strange, it installed on programs\vst plugins... hum....

Thanks. :hug:

The filter I use is one from JUCE, I can PM you the code if you want to check it out.

Cheers, WilliamK
Thanks, I saw the code from Juce - I was just curious whether you used the default one or something extra :)

WilliamK wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:13 pm Ok, JUCE's code does scan the Waves plugin. The problem now is my Bridge code, I will figure something out. ;-) Ahhh, the never ending job.... :dog:
This would probably mean one instance of Dll bridge for every "content" inside the shell

One more thing - usually there are multiple waves shells with multiple plugins inside

Thanks again. :hug:

WilliamK wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:05 pm Thanks again. :hug:
:phones:

Hi there William.

A few weeks ago I purchased X42 along with Eve V5 and Wusikstation V9 , Wusikstation and Eve are working very nicely but i am having problems with X42 where the "bridged" folder only displays a few of my many 32 bit plugins and when i try to load any of the displayed plugins i get an error message saying "Plugin could not be loaded" my DAW is Synapse Audio Orion 64 bit running in Windows 7 64 bit, can you please help sir? :)
Strictly drum and bass

Hello, sure thing, or at least I hope so. Can you tell me the name of some of those plugins? You can click and remove those and scan again.

Hi William.

Many thanks for you reply, i did try removing and re-adding the plugins (Even uninstalling and reinstalling X42 and starting all over again) but without success, here are some screenshots:-

The first screenshot is the start of my list of 32 bit plugins.
The second is the few that Orion can see.
The third screenshot is the error message when trying to load.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Strictly drum and bass

Ah, you mean that the bridged plugin won't load on Orion? I don't know about that, I remember another user with a similar problem. The main thing is that I can't test a program that is no longer supported by those guys. I will think on something, we talk in private later today if possible. ;-)

Cheers, WilliamK

Ok :-)
Strictly drum and bass

Wusik X42 New BETA

June 12 2019 - V1.0.2 (BETA06)

- Fixed problems with the interface closing by itself.
- Added a new option to the Options menu: Auto Bridged Window To Top - disabled by default. So the bridged window will only come to focus so you can edit it if you click on it first, if this option is selected it will bring the window to the top when you move the mouse over instead.
- Fixed a problem with Automation not working on some hosts.
- Added support to Shell Plugins (EG: Waves).
- Fixed some problems loading certain VST plugins.

WilliamK wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:16 pm Wusik X42 New BETA

June 12 2019 - V1.0.2 (BETA06)

- Fixed problems with the interface closing by itself.
- Added a new option to the Options menu: Auto Bridged Window To Top - disabled by default. So the bridged window will only come to focus so you can edit it if you click on it first, if this option is selected it will bring the window to the top when you move the mouse over instead.
- Fixed a problem with Automation not working on some hosts.
- Added support to Shell Plugins (EG: Waves).
- Fixed some problems loading certain VST plugins.
Hello again William, just picked up the recent changes and Waves plugins are in fact scanned now properly - thanks! :phones:

There is one bug when you generate dlls tough:
WavesBug.png
I think the problem is that some wave plugins are named like "Something Mono/Stereo" and forward slash is not legal name for a file to generate.

Also one more think - the default implementation of AA filters from Juce uses IIR filters - it would be fantastic if there was an option to use FIR filters instead as descibed here: viewtopic.php?t=439271

I think it might give better phase response but I'm not an expert :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Instruments”