Cytomic "The Scream" stomp box distortion plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Scream

The homepage says something about coupons/discount if you have bought a Cytomic product before. I'm owning The Scream and looking at The Drop, but wonder if there's also 30% off discount I have bought The Scream. Could you clarify this Andy? Thanks!

The website makes it sound like if you only own The Scream, there's no discount. You need to spend $99 or more to qualify. But had you bought The Scream and the Drop together, you could've gotten 15% off both.

From cytomic.com...
If you have already purchased a plugin we offer a discount deal: if you spend $99 at the Cytomic store without discounts (and still own the software) you get a 30% off discount voucher to use on future purchases. For example if you buy The Glue for $99 you get a discount voucher you can to buy The Drop for $69 (or vice versa).

Also if you purchase two or more plugins at once we offer a 15% discount off the order total.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:11 pm The website makes it sound like if you only own The Scream, there's no discount. You need to spend $99 or more to qualify. But had you bought The Scream and the Drop together, you could've gotten 15% off both.

From cytomic.com...
If you have already purchased a plugin we offer a discount deal: if you spend $99 at the Cytomic store without discounts (and still own the software) you get a 30% off discount voucher to use on future purchases. For example if you buy The Glue for $99 you get a discount voucher you can to buy The Drop for $69 (or vice versa).

Also if you purchase two or more plugins at once we offer a 15% discount off the order total.
Ah ok, did not know how to read this. Before The Scream all plugins were $99 so thought this would be just an example to save 30% after buying one full price.

Thank you, NPR reviews!

Will the price go up when it's out of beta?

omiroad wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:21 pm Will the price go up when it's out of beta?
No, it will remain where it is. I think it's better not to discount a beta since it may encourage people that aren't comfortable with betas to jump in early and not enjoy the experience.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

andy-cytomic wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:41 am No, it will remain where it is. I think it's better not to discount a beta since it may encourage people that aren't comfortable with betas to jump in early and not enjoy the experience.
While we're at it, any news? ETA for The Scream 1.0?

for me the beta is rock stable.
I know you plan to add the medium mode, but for HD mode it's already very usable.

also, haven't experienced a single bug yet, seems rock solid ...also, this thing is really awesome, :tu: watching it's development fairly close!

FWIW here's my feature request: the option to have linear-phase filters. reason: most of the times I want to use it in parallel (for mixing and not as a 'guitar pedal' ) and most of the times it won't sound that great due to phase distortion from the filters.

3ee wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:56 am FWIW here's my feature request: the option to have linear-phase filters. reason: most of the times I want to use it in parallel (for mixing and not as a 'guitar pedal' ) and most of the times it won't sound that great due to phase distortion from the filters.
The linear phase filters are already available in The Scream. AFAIR they are actually on by default.

...and if you don't see them in the oversampling options, you may be running an older beta. That said, I think the old default was linear phase anyway.

andy-cytomic wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:41 am
omiroad wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:21 pm Will the price go up when it's out of beta?
No, it will remain where it is. I think it's better not to discount a beta since it may encourage people that aren't comfortable with betas to jump in early and not enjoy the experience.
Actually that's true, I prefer to buy it when it's done. But I also can't miss out on a good deal. ;p

hmm.... then what's with this 'filter associated' looking phase distortion?

Tried to mod it to reduce the phase distortion in the past but it's still pretty significant for regular parallel processing...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

3ee wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:09 pm hmm.... then what's with this 'filter associated' looking phase distortion?

Tried to mod it to reduce the phase distortion in the past but it's still pretty significant for regular parallel processing...
Notice that the phase flips at around 50 Hz, had it been from the oversampling filters, there would be a series of phase flips above 10kHz.
What happens with the phase is not caused by the oversampling filters, it's from the normal filters inside the model, the hardware unit will behave exactly the same. You can try to explore the MOD section and move the HPF to a lower frequency.
As for parallel processing, I am using The Scream in parallel quite often and it works great!

Return to “Effects”