Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums Voltage Modular Ignite Voltage Modular Nucleus

ESP-20 Processor super!

Very nice modules. Thanks. I've always been a bit 'Meh...' about phasers but this is a lot of fun to play with. The ESP-20 is really useful and rewards experimentation.

Thanks for responding to the FR about retaining sizing. Please could I make one for a revised scope - one with two (differently coloured) inputs (or even 3) & vertical position adjustment, controls on the left, and a full height square window on the right. Thanks.

yeah great new stuff, but the store is down... gives a server error: 500...

cherryDan wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:31 am As always, Voltage Modular will download the update automatically, but you can click "Check For Update" in the Account page of Voltage Modular's setting dialog, or you can visit https://store.cherryaudio.com/my/library, to download the update immediately!
Download speeds are still very slow.
Also, currently the esp-20 only appears as part of the bundle and not as a separate module for purchase.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

cherryDan wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:31 am KVR Friends,

We've got some exciting new modules hitting the store today, as well as a new update to Voltage Modular with some really nice new features, so let's get right to it!

ESP-20 Processor

The ESP-20 Processor ($10), now part of our MS Vintage Bundle ($30), recreates the slightly bizarre and endlessly useful External Signal Processor section of the classic MS-20 synthesizer. This includes a low cut filter, a high cut filter, gate and trigger outputs with a threshold setting, and an envelope follower. But the star of the show is the Frequency to Voltage converter, which analyzes incoming audio and generates matching voltages for controlling oscillator pitch and envelope amplitude. This lets you "play" Voltage Modular by singing, playing guitar, or any other monophonic signal source. ESP-20's frequency converter has a much wider range than the original for increased functionality, while still retaining the quirkiness of the original. Best of all, existing owners of the MS Vintage Bundle will find this new module is already in their library! This video shows some of the bizarre and inspiring ways the ESP-20 can be used:

https://youtu.be/BAV758rCDXk

Hex Phaser

The Hex Phaser ($15) just might be the most powerful, most flexible stereo phaser every created for a modular synthesizer. Everything on it is adjustable, including both the number of active stages and the stage at which feedback is introduced. Rate, depth, bandwidth, and feedback amount are fully modulatable. The unique Stereo Offset control changes the phase relationship between the LFO for the left channel and the LFO for the right channel, and modulating this control can lead to phaser heaven. An external LFO or other voltage source can even be used in place of Hex Phaser's built-in LFO! In short, there are a massive number of different tone colors available with this phaser. Check out this video for an introduction to Hex Phaser's intense capabilities:

https://youtu.be/c4I7LUy1_S0

Voltage Modular 1.3.14

You've asked us for some important features, and we've listened. The new Voltage Modular 1.3.14 update includes some really useful features:

[*]The Plug-in Host and Mini Plug-in Host modules can now load plug-in files with multiple embedded plug-in files. When choosing a plug-in with multiple choices, you'll see a dialog like this one, and you'll be able to choose which embedded plug-in you'd like to load:

[*]Voltage Modular's current Zoom setting will be remembered from session to session.

Module Designer 1.3.14

Module Designer has also been updated with some nice features, including a new preference for turning off tooltips in the module/library tree views, and the ability to set polyphony in the test app. Plus we added the ability to properly compile source code with Unicode characters embedded in it, and we fixed an issue where templatized class names or classes that derived from or implemented templatized interfaces (i.e. ClassName<type>) weren't showing up properly in the 'module' tree view.

As always, Voltage Modular will download the update automatically, but you can click "Check For Update" in the Account page of Voltage Modular's setting dialog, or you can visit https://store.cherryaudio.com/my/library, to download the update immediately!

Finally, there are quite a lot of exciting new 3rd party modules due out in the couple of weeks, from both existing and new developers, and we'll let you know when they hit the Module Store!
is there something changed in the optimaziton? i can use voltage modular now in cubase 10 pro on windows 7. and it crashes not anymore, with one strange preset i made. you know my problems, and have contacted support. the blue peak meter is erratic, but stays within limits, so no problem playing big patches on 256 samples.... the multi-thread option does not work (latency meters peak constantly, freezing all), but that isn't a problem, it works, i almost don't believe it... i almost gave up VM, but if it now works well in cubase, i finally can do things i want to make within VM, for cubase...

EDIT: it works better, much better than before, perhaps with 512 samples even without glitches, some big patches work great, others not.
strange that the multithread does not work, it works for the first preset i load, when i load the next one....
i can not be more clear, it is erratic behavior.

EDIT 2: it is better, but it is too erratic to be usefull within cubase. in reaper as always works, even with multithread on. ableton was also problematic, but less than cubase, but the vst3 version works perfectly know, and the strange preset, gives no more a java dump log... so it seems it gets better, but i was enthousiac, in practice only the effect plugin is usefull...

i will keep VM because simply i like it, i will try to use in the daw's that work, and not to be too obsessed that it doesn't work flawlessy in cubase 10 pro. it is the centre of my studio, but in a way, i have more studio's... in one computer... and rewire can solve things. but still workarounds...

and strangely, am i the only one? the store gives a server errror, with strange pictures, error 500.
Last edited by WasteLand on Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WasteLand wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:33 pm
and strangely, am i the only one? the store gives a server errror, with strange pictures, error 500.
No, your not.

nordickvr wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:40 pm
No, your not.
same here :?

nordickvr wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:40 pm
No, your not.
ok! no problems on my side.... that's nice too know.

Probably be waking up shortly to "the server's down" before breakfast ;)

I managed to get the new module demos onto my Windows laptop first thing (UK) but not on my Mac desktop as yet.

double post...

It's actually only the front page and the modules page of the store that seem to be down. You can get to the individual pages:

https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/esp-20-processor
https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/ms-vintage-bundle
https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/hex-phaser

(and my Mac has now downloaded them)

Seems web site went back to normal now.

Sorry for the server problem this morning. Some bad data got into the database and took down the front page of the store. All is back to normal now.

- Dan @ Cherry Audio

Thank the stars for saving resize settings

Hi Dan (and everybody else @CherryAudio),

thank you so much for quickly adding support for "shelled" multi plugins! :) :) :) :clap: :clap: :clap:

This is what I call a customer-centric attitude and business model, wonderful.

Cheers,
LiteOn

cherryDan wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:32 am
Voltage Modular 1.3.14

You've asked us for some important features, and we've listened. The new Voltage Modular 1.3.14 update includes some really useful features:

[*]The Plug-in Host and Mini Plug-in Host modules can now load plug-in files with multiple embedded plug-in files. When choosing a plug-in with multiple choices, you'll see a dialog like this one, and you'll be able to choose which embedded plug-in you'd like to load:

Return to “Instruments”