How do you deal with Kontakt referencing library locations on different machines?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
fgimian
KVRAF
2499 posts since 14 Jul, 2005 from Australia

Post Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:24 pm

Hey guys, hope you're all well.

When using libraries that required full Kontakt (i.e. those which don't appear in the Libraries tab), it is often quite painful when collaborating or working across multiple systems where libraries are installed in different locations.

It seems that each time a project is opened on a system where the libraries are located elsewhere, you must manually point Kontakt to the correct folder. This is repeated again when a project returns to the other collaborator. Of course this is even more troublesome across platforms.

It does seem a bit strange to me that Kontakt can't deal with this gracefully. e.g. in Reason, you may add folders to your search locations, and thus actual content can be located anywhere yet Reason will find everything based on relative paths.

I'm hoping that I've missed something, any thoughts?
Fotis

jancivil
KVRAF
18845 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from No Location

Re: How do you deal with Kontakt referencing library locations on different machines?

Post Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:04 am

add those locations to Database and update or rescan

fgimian
KVRAF
2499 posts since 14 Jul, 2005 from Australia

Re: How do you deal with Kontakt referencing library locations on different machines?

Post Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:31 pm

jancivil wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:04 am
add those locations to Database and update or rescan
Thanks! I'll give it a try soon :)

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”