IK Multimedia T-racks Tape Machine Collection

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS Tape Machine Collection

acousticglue wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:25 pm Oh and CPU is a OpenGL thing because close plugin and I get no more than 13% on master track with compressors or EQs as well
In my experience, if a plugin uses OpenGL and you get higher CPU with the plugin open, then your video drivers and/or card are probably too old and the CPU is having to emulate the OpenGL drivers rather than the GPU doing all the work. That's what my problem was with Waves a few years back - I had horrible CPU usage, I bought a new video card and all the problems went away.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

These are still blowing my mind. Absolutely unreal. Every model is incredible. Great times to be a tape lover. The realism is almost unreal. haha.
Great job IK..and to top it off, the mastering EQ is now on sale. I have wanted that for a while.
Though i just heard that if you buy the T racks bundle, you get a bunch more features: such as GUI resizing.
Is this really the case? if so i think i did it all wrong - as i bought a bunch of these separately.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:53 pmThese all sound amazing. Like stupidly good. Like, I want to sell all my other tape plugins, which I hardly use any more, and put these new ones on everything. That said, the CPU usage is very high and there's moderate latency.
DavidCarlyon wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:35 pm These are still blowing my mind. Absolutely unreal. Every model is incredible. Great times to be a tape lover. The realism is almost unreal. haha.
And how many samples latency do they add? Latency is due to convolution?
The IK Leslie was extremely impressive so it may be the same team on the Tapes but are they that much better than everything else already out there?
Hornet Tape, U-he Satin, CD-Soundmaster VTM-M2 + R2R, Softube Tape
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:05 pm I don't think there is a gang function on these.
And the gange parameter/bypass omission thing is a joke, right?

Well done IK, the Tape Machine collection is superb.
Great addition to my tape collection.
Really liking the 24 and 80 at 30 ips and the 456 tape.

Feature request: The option to hide the reels (like VTM).
I have no desire to see spinning reels.
I find them a distraction and imagine that having them visible/spinning adds to cpu/graphics load.

DavidCarlyon wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:35 pm These are still blowing my mind. Absolutely unreal. Every model is incredible. Great times to be a tape lover. The realism is almost unreal. haha.
Great job IK..and to top it off, the mastering EQ is now on sale. I have wanted that for a while.
Though i just heard that if you buy the T racks bundle, you get a bunch more features: such as GUI resizing.
Is this really the case? if so i think i did it all wrong - as i bought a bunch of these separately.
Correct, resizing & a bunch of other benefits;
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tr5cs/
Listed in the 'What's new' section.

Delete
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Computer says no
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

electro wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:05 am
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:53 pmThese all sound amazing. Like stupidly good. Like, I want to sell all my other tape plugins, which I hardly use any more, and put these new ones on everything. That said, the CPU usage is very high and there's moderate latency.
And how many samples latency do they add? Latency is due to convolution?
The IK Leslie was extremely impressive so it may be the same team on the Tapes but are they that much better than everything else already out there?
Hornet Tape, U-he Satin, CD-Soundmaster VTM-M2 + R2R, Softube Tape
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:05 pm I don't think there is a gang function on these.
And the gange parameter/bypass omission thing is a joke, right?

in my opinion these are definitely a step up. They are much more hungry but the sound is amazing.
I really like Satin, also really like the Black Rooster Magnetite, but these are just awesome.
Plus you get four distinct sounds for quite a reasonable price.
The only thing i don't really like is the fact that to get the resizing (and other features, so i am told) you have to buy the T racks bundle. I have bought quite a number of their plugins, but as i don't have the bundle, i cannot access these features - which sucks.
Outside of that they are incredible

what is the explanation for the gange omission?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

They don't sell drugs.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

yeah trying them further they do what is difficult to be emulated with other plugs , amount of difference they are only doing. Sounds like circling back around kind of talk lol. Tried over using Iron Oxide or SDRR or SaturatorX or LA2A white. Even pulled in Roth Air and you can get sort of on same page but not completely even. Nice plugins but too much horsepower crackling around.Quad core Xeon 3.0 here 256 buffers 44./1

How do I purchase using both Jam Points and Gear credits?

you use jam points towards a gear credit pack
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Thanks, Burillo.

Return to “Effects”