United Plugins releases Royal Compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Finally an alternative to the lost Abbey Road RS124 plugin ! :)

https://unitedplugins.com/RoyalCompressor/

Endor-8o8 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:17 pm Finally an alternative to the lost Abbey Road RS124 plugin ! :)
Not yet, dev is on it:
dry/wet to tame this raw beast, phase issues with saturation, metering.

Maybe an internal sc and dual mono (vague, couldn`t read out dev in that regard).
Could take some weeks as stated.

Promising creature, I`ll go for next demo (unconditional install btw).
Last edited by Omkar on Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

An oops, wrong button here ...
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

The "hold" feature doesn't run for me , on vst ...

I have the rs124 ,and this new "royal copressor" , have very different behavior , mostly in the release :ud:

garfield78 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:39 am The "hold" feature doesn't run for me , on vst ...

I have the rs124 ,and this new "royal copressor" , have very different behavior , mostly in the release :ud:
Yeah I saw that kind of reactions on GS. I never found some used licenses to sell for any of the Abbey Road plugins, so I had hopes for this one. But you're not the only one who says so...it's a bit disappointing.

I'm affraid , to see company sell plugins ,at expensive price and buged.I have contacted on facebook company for say than royal compressor have problem with "release" and "hold" , and the only answer than i have is " Thank you , we will check that in studio and we will get back to you..." .I wait still... :?

Hmmm ok...it seems they modeled the plugin after three units and consider it true to the hardware. I think they won't recode anything...

Well , i prefer from far away the rs124 , very smooth compressor .And for the "royal compressor" in his actual state , i wouldn't spend 77 euros for this ...May be , who know , may be in future if it's better...

garfield78 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:24 pm Well , i prefer from far away the rs124 , very smooth compressor .And for the "royal compressor" in his actual state , i wouldn't spend 77 euros for this ...May be , who know , may be in future if it's better...
Oh...maybe I'm gonna try to look for a used license of the RS124 instead of jumping on this one. Seems really agressive indeed...
Thanks for an honest/anti-hype answer man ! :)

Just made a quick test with RC and the RS124 from AR on a lead vocal. They don't sound the same at all. Royal Compressor is really grabby and punchy while the AR RS124 is buttery smooth with very medium/slow release and very natural sounding. Even with the red led mode RS124 sounds far less grabby or agressive. How can they be so different ?! :?

Endor-8o8 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:42 pm Just made a quick test with RC and the RS124 from AR on a lead vocal. They don't sound the same at all. Royal Compressor is really grabby and punchy while the AR RS124 is buttery smooth with very medium/slow release and very natural sounding. Even with the red led mode RS124 sounds far less grabby or agressive. How can they be so different ?! :?
I agree 100% with you .

Try too the "hold" feature , different things ... :o

garfield78 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:51 pm
Endor-8o8 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:42 pm Just made a quick test with RC and the RS124 from AR on a lead vocal. They don't sound the same at all. Royal Compressor is really grabby and punchy while the AR RS124 is buttery smooth with very medium/slow release and very natural sounding. Even with the red led mode RS124 sounds far less grabby or agressive. How can they be so different ?! :?
I agree 100% with you .

Try too the "hold" feature , different things ... :o
Yeah !! It's just not the same compression curve/behaviour...I posted the message over GS in the official thread to see what reaction I could have from the dev or other users. These two plugins are just two different comps. Nonsense. :neutral:
I don't know the hardware but I can't imagine that it could be so different from unit to another. This is the weird part here...because they're saying they modelled three different units.

EDIT : The Hold feature doesn't really hold at all... :roll:
Last edited by Endor-8o8 on Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

well, if three different RS124 units had such different attacks that they had to model all three... is it a huge stretch to imagine that whatever unit the AR RS124 was modeled from, behaved totally different to these?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:03 pm well, if three different RS124 units had such different attacks that they had to model all three... is it a huge stretch to imagine that whatever unit the AR RS124 was modeled from, behaved totally different to these?
Maybe you're right ! It's just really strange to have such different behaviours. The RS124 would be close to the slow timing and smooth curve of the DDMF MagicDeathEye or from the Fuse Audio Labs VCL-25A while the Royal Compressor reminds me of the ACME plugin. Well it's what I'm feeling/hearing/experiencing, maybe some people would feel different about that. I would like to see a comparative video or audio files facing the hardware. Nevertheless I do think the Royal Compressor is a very good one ! :)
Last edited by Endor-8o8 on Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Effects”