We won’t be listening to music in a decade according to Vinod Khosla

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jacqueslacouth wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:53 pm
vurt wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:48 pm i predict in ten year time there will be a shoe shortage, so well all have to just have one shoe each.
I expect by then I will have paid the price for my mismanagement of my diabetes and will be down to one leg anyway....so happy days....unless I only have left foot shoes but kept my right leg... :dog:
ever the optimist eh :hihi:

Of course, if I have lost all my limbs, I will take up swimming and change my name to Bob :D

vurt wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:26 pm
jacqueslacouth wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:53 pm
vurt wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:48 pm i predict in ten year time there will be a shoe shortage, so well all have to just have one shoe each.
I expect by then I will have paid the price for my mismanagement of my diabetes and will be down to one leg anyway....so happy days....unless I only have left foot shoes but kept my right leg... :dog:
if im a billionaire by then, get in touch and ill buy you the correct shoe from someone :)
....And lo, in the days that shall come to pass, thou shalt be known as VURT, BRINGER OF THE SHOE!! And the throngs will fall down in rapturous appreciation, throwing their heads back and through clenched teeth, chant...."See Vinod Khosla, we still have feet, we have shoes, and....we still listen to music made by delusional old men and their synthesizers...you rich twat"

AnX wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:32 pm
ever the optimist eh :hihi:

Said every bird EVER that I tried to crack on to... :oops:

:lol:

Aloysius wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:23 am Vinod Khosla won’t be listening to music in a decade according to Vinod Khosla.
AI won't be listening to Vinod Khosla in a decade according to AI.

jacqueslacouth wrote:....And lo, in the days that shall come to pass, thou shalt be known as VURT, BRINGER OF THE SHOE!! And the throngs will fall down in rapturous appreciation, throwing their heads back and through clenched teeth, chant...."See Vinod Khosla, we still have feet, we have shoes, and....we still listen to music made by delusional old men and their synthesizers...you rich twat"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka9mfZbTFbk

I was watching Night at the Crossroads with Rowan Atkinson as Maigret (and GOT's Tom Wlaschiha in a lead role) and at some point the soundtrack featured one of my favorite bits from Bach's St Matthew Passion. Considering that in less than a decade that transcendental masterpiece will turn 300, maybe some arrogant venture capitalist (or whatever the hell this successful guy calls himself) needs to take aim at everything that he and his kind are not. :P

My favorite bit of Vinod Khosla's speech was when it ended. :clap:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

jancivil wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:32 am I very much doubt AI will have *any* significant impact on music creation before the human species completes its suicide.
Neural networks can be surprisingly good at puking out imitations of music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNNmBtNcccE

I expect it will get better, and that there will be genres of AI-generated music that, due to the weird ways it crosses boundaries humans might not have, it'll have some niche popularity.

It'll probably better than a lot of pop written by corporate committee according to fairly predictable formulas already...

But as long as there are humans, there will be human music. Even strong AI -- still just as much of a fantasy today as it was 99 years ago in Rossum's Universal Robots -- wouldn't have us throwing up our hands and declaring creative defeat at the hands of the machines.

aren't kraftwerk robots anyway :shrug:

What about fembots? Is AI sexist?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:53 pm What about fembots? Is AI sexy?
https://youtu.be/0CNLEfmx6Rk

it can be.

For fun, play this video loud enough so that your alexa can respond, trust me, you'll be glad you did!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxAUDAB0vac

You would never get AI producing classics like 'One Pound Fish' though... :hihi:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”