Output - Introducing PORTAL: A Granular FX Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fractalism for Output Portal Portal

Output, Inc. is thrilled to announce the release of PORTAL, a granular synthesis FX plugin that transforms audio in a forward-thinking and musical way. Turn your VSTs, drum samples or any live input such as vocals or guitars into infinite new possibilities.

In the past, the results of granular synthesis were often chaotic and abstract. PORTAL is a step
forward, re-synthesizing sounds to give you a result that’s more closely related to the original
input. “With PORTAL we aim to flip the script on granular synthesis,” said Output CEO, Gregg
Lehrman. “This powerful engine takes a method that has previously been out of reach and
impractical for many musicians, and makes it accessible and easy to integrate into the creative
process. Less random bloops and bleeps and more creative music making."

See PORTAL manipulate space and time at www.output.com/products/portal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tEGqUbdE-w
Output I Outputsounds.com

outputsounds wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:46 pm Output, Inc. is thrilled to announce the release of PORTAL, a granular synthesis FX plugin that transforms audio in a forward-thinking and musical way.
Can the GUI/UX be resized for high dpi/4K monitors?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Yes, just hover over the right corner and drag to your preferred size.

$149 for a granular effects plugin?

outputsounds wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:02 pm Yes, just hover over the right corner and drag to your preferred size.
Good to know; thanks! :party:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Own samples can be imported ?

lxegs wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:23 pm Own samples can be imported ?
It’s an effect (not an instrument)

Sample free - real time effect processing

Is there a demo?
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

ians wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:25 pm Is there a demo?
As far as I can see, it looks like it’ll cost you $149 to demo it.

elxsound wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:27 pm
ians wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:25 pm Is there a demo?
As far as I can see, it looks like it’ll cost you $149 to demo it.
That's what I thought. Oh well, give that one a miss then
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

I can’t wait for this to hit the second hand market.

I picked movement up for 20 bucks....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:38 pm I picked movement up for 20 bucks....
I think that’s because it was being bundled with hardware purchases, so people were offloading extras (unwanted freebies).

This is one of the first granular implementations that can get me excited. Yes, this seems very musical.
No demo though :dog: .

Hey everyone, we are not offering a demo for Portal but it is part of our 14-day return policy. If you are unhappy for any reason after installing, registering and using the product, we will issue a full refund within 14 days of your purchase.

Return to “Effects”