discoDSP Synths

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I bought an upgrade on August 3, 2018. I have installers 6.8, but I cannot download 6.8.1. I need to pay a subscription.

discoDSP wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:23 pm Please don't post personal e-mail communications in public. It's a criminal behaviour in Europe and can be prosecuted (like plenty of stuff some particulars are doing here at KVR forum to my business).
Is this a threat?

I was quoting someone else's post. It is a technical and factual matter.

Look, no one likes to be bad named - I get that. But I have zero business with you.

In this situation and thread, discoDSP seems to be the perpetrator rather than the victim.

future-bit wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:26 pm I bought an upgrade on August 3, 2018. I have installers 6.8, but I cannot download 6.8.1. I need to pay a subscription.
6.8.1 was released on August 20. Cloud was introduced a few weeks ago... Is this defamation campaign going to last forever here?

It is criminal behaviour in Europe to advert something that you not deliver after you got the money for it. So i ask you a last time: Where is my free update (that you still advert as "free for DiscoveryPro 6.5 and above users") to version 6.8? A sentence every potential buyer can still see in your promotions btw.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

I thought it was you. It was intended to go to the person who did the original post.

Anyways, under EU laws, if the forum owners do nothing against criminal behaviour (like sharing personal email communication, or moderating properly posts with defamation, harassment or bullying) they are legally and directly responsible.
Karmoon wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:31 pm
discoDSP wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:23 pm Please don't post personal e-mail communications in public. It's a criminal behaviour in Europe and can be prosecuted (like plenty of stuff some particulars are doing here at KVR forum to my business).
Is this a threat?

I was quoting someone else's post. It is a technical and factual matter.

Look, no one likes to be bad named - I get that. But I have zero business with you.

In this situation and thread, discoDSP seems to be the perpetrator rather than the victim.

mladi wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:35 pm It is criminal behaviour in Europe to advert something that you not deliver after you got the money for it. So i ask you a last time: Where is my free update (that you still advert as "free for DiscoveryPro 6.5 and above users") to version 6.8? A sentence every potential buyer can still see in your promotions btw.
Send your details to contactus@discodsp.com to sort it out thanks.

discoDSP wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:32 pm
future-bit wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:26 pm I bought an upgrade on August 3, 2018. I have installers 6.8, but I cannot download 6.8.1. I need to pay a subscription.
6.8.1 was released on August 20. Cloud was introduced a few weeks ago... Is this defamation campaign going to last forever here?
It's not my fault that you entered a subscription. I just wanted to download the update, which I accidentally found out. I sent an email to the FastSpring Team. I hope they will help.

discoDSP wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:36 pm
Anyways, under EU laws, if the forum owners do nothing against criminal behaviour (like sharing personal email communication, or moderating properly posts with defamation, harassment or bullying) they are legally and directly responsible.
so now you are threatening kvr audio?

:popcorn:

vurt wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:40 pm
discoDSP wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:36 pm
so now you are threatening kvr audio?

:popcorn:
looks like his neck suddenly got better...

discoDSP wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:23 pm
Karmoon wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:01 pm I bought 3 DiscoDSP synths in 09/10 2018, less than a year ago. I log into my account and can't download and am asked to buy cloud. Figuring this is just a migration mistake I email discoDSP asking to get the downloads activated. Here is the reply.
Please don't post personal e-mail communications in public. It's a criminal behaviour in Europe and can be prosecuted (like plenty of stuff some particulars are doing here at KVR forum to my business).
I have just read up on that a bit and it's not that simple. The text that I have found (https://se-legal.de/darf-man-e-mails-im ... entlichen/) states that it is legal to publish business related mail if the interest of the public outweighs the interest of the business. I think this might be the case here.

On the other hand the text states that it might be illegal to publish business emails if that could lead to losses for the business and/or harm it. However, if you think that publishing the posted email harms your business then perhaps you should reconsider your business practices and the way your support team deals with existing customers.
Passed 303 posts. Next stop: 808.

Ok guys I need to rest. Keep your defamation and lack of empathy going.

discoDSP wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:36 pm [...]like sharing personal email communication [...]
It's not a personal email but a business related email. See the differences from the link above.
Passed 303 posts. Next stop: 808.

discoDSP wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:46 pm Ok guys I need to rest. Keep your defamation and lack of empathy going.
If we are talking about empathy - put yourself in the situation of one of your customers - you bought something and the company you bought from introduced this system. How would you react? Be honest come on.

discoDSP wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:32 pm
"defamation" by definition involves telling false information. it's not defamation if it's true.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

discoDSP wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:23 pm
Karmoon wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:01 pm I bought 3 DiscoDSP synths in 09/10 2018, less than a year ago. I log into my account and can't download and am asked to buy cloud. Figuring this is just a migration mistake I email discoDSP asking to get the downloads activated. Here is the reply.
Please don't post personal e-mail communications in public. It's a criminal behaviour in Europe and can be prosecuted (like plenty of stuff some particulars are doing here at KVR forum to my business).
That's not a personal email: that's an email from a business. There's no personally identifiable information in it, other than that of the poster you're criticising. Don't try to hide behind GDPR on this, it just makes you look like an idiot.

Return to “Instruments”