Output - Introducing PORTAL: A Granular FX Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fractalism for Output Portal Portal

Arcade is sublime - pretty much the best content curated sample/loop player on the market. And a fantastic sample manipulator in general. I know subscriptions isn’t for everyone, though.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Arcade has a good subscription model. You can use it for just one month (cancel anytime).

kiezum wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:44 am Arcade has a good subscription model. You can use it for just one month (cancel anytime).
And also keep your projects that used anything from Arcade during that time. It's really quite brilliant (versus Roland Cloud, where you lose 100% access the moment you cancel, which kills any projects you used any Roland Cloud stuff in).

But, I digress...
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:33 pm
kiezum wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:44 am Arcade has a good subscription model. You can use it for just one month (cancel anytime).
And also keep your projects that used anything from Arcade during that time. It's really quite brilliant (versus Roland Cloud, where you lose 100% access the moment you cancel, which kills any projects you used any Roland Cloud stuff in).

But, I digress...
Indeed you do. I thought this thread was about Portal, not Arcade...

I like their studio desk as well - looks cool!

simmo75 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:35 pm Indeed you do. I thought this thread was about Portal, not Arcade...
It is, which is why I admitted I digress... :party:

martinjuenke wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:38 pm I like their studio desk as well - looks cool!
Gives me wood... I digress

I absolutely love it! Very musical and I plan on using it live.

simmo75 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:51 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:38 pm I like their studio desk as well - looks cool!
Gives me wood... I digress
Put that thing away - there's kids present.

At least no faux wood... (Hope so!)

I don’t understand why some developers put refund policy and offering a demo in the same category.
They are not at all the same imao.
Especially for non-native English speakers like me, it would be a hassle to email them, explain the situation and ask a refund in English (in a polite way!). Sorry to say, but thinking of it already puts me off.

There is a new creative plugin being offered. Cue up the complaining and whining.

jackmazzotti wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:42 pm There is a new creative plugin being offered. Cue up the complaining and whining.
To be fair, the complaints about no demo and Output’s policy of requiring you to purchase and request a refund is one of the worst policies in the industry. It’s completely hostile to consumers and companies should be called out for it.

That said, people complaining about Portal when they haven’t even gone through the hassle of purchasing it to demo is pretty lame.

jackmazzotti wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:42 pm There is a new creative plugin being offered. Cue up the complaining and whining.
1) No demo
2) short refund policy
3) expensive
4) many people report unresolved bugs, issues, and support.
5) poor discounts path for existing customers - still expensive.

Offering a new expensive plugin with no demo and short refund policy while outstanding support issues remain unresolved?

This is *exactly* the right time to complain.

EnochLight wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:44 pm
To be fair, the complaints about no demo and Output’s policy of requiring you to purchase and request a refund is one of the worst policies in the industry. It’s completely hostile to consumers and companies should be called out for it.

That said, people complaining about Portal when they haven’t even gone through the hassle of purchasing it to demo is pretty lame.
Like I mentioned earlier, if someone has time to thoroughly evaluate an expensive (and perhaps esoteric) plugin in two weeks, while balancing work, school, family, then more power to them.

I don’t think anyone is complaining about it’s sound design potential.

Return to “Effects”