• New: processing mode per band.
  • New: input / output linking.
  • New: fine tuning on labels.
  • New: mouse wheel control over labels.
  • New: de-emphasis filters.
  • New: VST3 format.
  • Improved: made menu more visible.
  • Improved: code optimisation.
  • Deleted: passepartout (white background surrounding the plug-in).
This is a free update, as always!
In order to update simply download the latest installer from the website and install it.

Check out the introduction video to Spectre by Dan Worrall to see its full potential.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sclUUIWFjk
We're having a special sale too! Get Spectre now for only €59.00 (regular €99.00) until June 23rd.

Quick note: as this update introduces new parameters and gets rid of old ones your custom presets may not fully recall. We can update them for you. Simply send them to me and I'll take care of the rest.

:tu: Awesome!

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Damn this thing is really good now. I still need to properly explore all the different modes in depth, but the interface already makes this very powerful to use. I already have great saturators but this makes it really easy to find those small sweet spots.

Way to incorporate user feedback as well. De-emphasis filters and per band modes really elevate it! Personally, I’d like to be able to mouse wheel through saturation and stereo modes as well. But maybe somebody else would find that annoying.

I agree. The recent update had the changes I was waiting for before I pulled the trigger. It's now my go-to saturator.

Does this add saturation by just inserting it in a track and choosing a mode?

Not by default, but it can.
Normally it'll add saturation to where you boost with the EQ interface. Also an EQ boost but this can be turned off.
That's then mixed in with the dry signal, there's a mix knob that's on 50/50 by default.

To add overall saturation you can use the input and output gains. Turn input up, output down and as far as I understand it now that should add overall saturation. You can of course also grab one or two of the bands and just make them really wide.

damayor wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:10 am Does this add saturation by just inserting it in a track and choosing a mode?
No, when inserting the plug-in the sound won't be processed at all.
You'll only get saturation when boosting one of the bands.

Ah yeah, I see now that it actually doesn't add anything if you don't boost the bands first.

Is there a way to drive overall saturation then??
That would be nice, if not to use it as an overall saturator it still would be nice to audition the different modes across the entire signal.

Well, this looks interesting.

Is there a demo available?
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

AsPeeXXXVIII wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:24 pm Well, this looks interesting.

Is there a demo available?
Yes.

lwj wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:16 pm Ah yeah, I see now that it actually doesn't add anything if you don't boost the bands first.

That would be nice, if not to use it as an overall saturator it still would be nice to audition the different modes across the entire signal.
Yes! As you said you can have one band with a very wide Q factor. Then you can experiment with the Mode parameter between subtle, normal and aggressive gain. Fine tune the input gain for more precise control.

AsPeeXXXVIII wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:24 pm Is there a demo available?
Yes, you can download the latest installers from the website. The plug-in will run in demo mode until you insert a username and serial number. No time expiry.
https://www.wavesfactory.com/spectre

Will you entertain extending the sale until next Friday?

wavesfactory wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:46 pm
lwj wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:16 pm Ah yeah, I see now that it actually doesn't add anything if you don't boost the bands first.

Yes! As you said you can have one band with a very wide Q factor. Then you can experiment with the Mode parameter between subtle, normal and aggressive gain. Fine tune the input gain for more precise control.
Hehe, exactly what I was doing as I wrote that. There’s a lot more flexibility with those knobs than I expected!

It’s gonna take a while before I get to know all the ins and outs and incorporate it into my workflow (that’s a good thing) but I’m already finding a lot of uses for this. It’s really great so far for enhancing smaller details. I don’t know anything that allows you to zero in on a specific band this easily.

Instead of saturating things overall and then dealing with the side effects, just adding saturation where it needs it is really great.

Automating and modulating this is gonna be fun too, especially because you can set mix to 100% and just hear the saturation. That makes for some interesting sound design possibilities.

Return to “Effects”