Output - Introducing PORTAL: A Granular FX Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fractalism for Output Portal Portal

KVR is notorious for complaining. That is the reason Eric Persing of Spectrasonics left years ago. 14 day return policy seems reasonable to me. I just went ahead bought it. I do live ambient soundscapes for psychological trauma healing and spiritual encouragement and comfort. I am a therapist and I perform live for my clients. This plugin is fantastic for what I do and is also light on the cpu. There is no other granular plugin like this that I know about. Grains can be tuned to scales and chords kinda like Absynth's aetherizer. It has lots of realtime control and modulation. The wet/dry mix needs a locking feature. Great job Output!!!

jackmazzotti wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:35 pm KVR is notorious for complaining. That is the reason Eric Persing of Spectrasonics left years ago. 14 day return policy seems reasonable to me. I just went ahead bought it. I do live ambient soundscapes for psychological trauma healing and spiritual encouragement and comfort. I am a therapist and I perform live for my clients. This plugin is fantastic for what I do and is also light on the cpu. There is no other granular plugin like this that I know about. Grains can be tuned to scales and chords kinda like Absynth's aetherizer. It has lots of realtime control and modulation. The wet/dry mix needs a locking feature. Great job Output!!!
First constructive post here, well done. Loving the idea of grains being tuned to scale

jackmazzotti wrote: KVR is notorious for complaining.
Have you ever visited other web sites? I think you'll find that high prices engender complaints just about anywhere you look.

I think 150 is a very good price. I hope Output makes a lot of money on it. More money more R&D.

jackmazzotti wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:57 pm I think 150 is a very good price. I hope Output makes a lot of money on it. More money more R&D.
But your perspective on price is not the same as someone else's.

I hope anyone who produces a good product makes money from it, but that's a function of price and units sold - if it's too expensive then it won't sell units. Time will tell, and despite calling the comments 'complaints', they're more accurately the voices of potential consumers.

im not sure how id feel if i visited my therapist and she started noodling with synths :hihi:

"some lovely sounds youre making there yana, but can we chat about my depression and suicidal thoughts for a bit?"

well, negative comments are not always nonconstructive; when people say something negative about the company or plugin out of good will, it can be called constructive criticism, right?
I would say it’s a shame not to offer a hassle-free demo to their potential customers (including me) all the more because this new plugin looks really nice.
I don't mean to be a nag, so I will stop here. Good luck with new release!

The logo looks oddly familiar...

paterpeter wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:38 pm The logo looks oddly familiar...
The cake is a lie!

It’s not so much the complaining, it’s the sense of entitlement.

Master Yoda says:
Output this thread very strange, very funny.
May the grains be with you...

It's nice but just too expensive...
The plug-in too. But it reminded me to try something with Scapes again.

Agreed.

I love the sound and look of their stuff and some folk I respect rave about their stuff but I've stayed a a away due to price.

Obviously if I was a pro the price wouldn't seem bad at all.

hmmm....

this looks great to me. and these are the kinds of plugins i usually snatch right up. but 150 beans and no demo? that's going to be a hard pass from me.

I already have dust... I'm not sure this brings enough new stuff to the table to justify that much money, and since there's no demo I can't really find out.

too bad... it does look really good.
ImageImageImage

Portal is a very good effect plugin, demoing it right now. Evolution is real :)

Return to “Effects”