discoDSP Synths

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

HunterKiller wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:15 am Everyone take a deep breath and love your "enemy".
I would not go that far but this thread has indeed taken a few weird turns.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Who is the enemy?
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

Love your enema :)
No auto tune...

Well, you've gotta love a good enema.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

jacqueslacouth wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:19 am Not to jump to the defence of this but on looking at the email from my original purchase back in 2012 I found this...
"The URL is valid until 27-NOV-2012.

Please remember to make a backup copy of the software, e.g. on CD. We may
not be able to provide a new copy of the product you purchased free of
charge, if lost"

Sort of suggests George has not actually changed anything, rather, chosen to take advantage of a condition that he previously let go.
Regardless. None of that changes the fact that he should have done everything possible to make sure his previous customers were made aware of the changes (or strict adoption of the original terms, which had until that point not been enforced). Furthermore, I would expect that a decent developer would offer a small grace-period for previous customers to make a last download/backup.

I followed the instructions in that email and have a backup of my software. However, Bliss timebombed unexpectedly and when I reinstalled that persisted.

DiscoDSP software is too buggy not to offer upgrades for free, because he never actually fulfilled his legal obligation to provide digital goods that work, rather he's provided something that stops working after a period of time. This specifically contravenes the EU Digital Contract Rules : https://ec.europa.eu/info/business-econ ... t-rules_en

A lot of the points people have made would make sense if the software provided worked in the first instance, it didn't. Bliss was pretty unusable for many of the early versions, when he did (allegedly - can't test) fix it he wants more money.

monomaker wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:54 am I followed the instructions in that email and have a backup of my software. However, Bliss timebombed unexpectedly and when I reinstalled that persisted.

DiscoDSP software is too buggy not to offer upgrades for free, because he never actually fulfilled his legal obligation to provide digital goods that work, rather he's provided something that stops working after a period of time. This specifically contravenes the EU Digital Contract Rules : https://ec.europa.eu/info/business-econ ... t-rules_en

A lot of the points people have made would make sense if the software provided worked in the first instance, it didn't. Bliss was pretty unusable for many of the early versions, when he did (allegedly - can't test) fix it he wants more money.
Contact us at contacus@discodsp.comm to sort the issue, thanks.
Tim Tanaka @ discoDSP Plug-ins for iOS, macOS, Windows and Linux
OB-Xd Oberheim based synth for iPad

4damind wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:07 am I don't like this spammer from DiscoDSP. As far as I know, the guy is just advertising and trying to sell the crap that others have developed.
Whatever... after my tests the plugins have a rather simple quality, nothing I would use in 2019 and nothing for professional use.
Says who? Oh yes, a ordinary guy with the most unoriginal music ever written since Mozart. Discovery Pro synth has been praised by many top musician like Terry Lawless, U2 keyboardist. I don't think your opinion is of any relevance at all.

Oh, and regarding the people who want to go legal... these lawyers seem the best for you.

HunterKiller wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:15 am Everyone take a deep breath and love your "enemy".
I don't think he's an "enemy" just a little weird guy. "Spammer-George" had a time where in almost every thread that had anything to do with a synth recommendation, he was praising his crap. I think that's one reason why people don't like DiscoDSP.
It seems that other people have problems with introducing a subscription model or because of the mediocre quality of the plugins.
I can only say: just leave this DiscoDSP crap on the shelf and buy (and support) plugins from real developers :tu:

I can't believe your attitude George :nutter:

You're killing your company and yourself :wheee: :box:
Last edited by digitalboytn on Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
No auto tune...

discoDSP wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:34 am
4damind wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:07 am I don't like this spammer from DiscoDSP. As far as I know, the guy is just advertising and trying to sell the crap that others have developed.
Whatever... after my tests the plugins have a rather simple quality, nothing I would use in 2019 and nothing for professional use.
Says who? Oh yes, a ordinary guy with the most unoriginal music ever written since Mozart.
oh dear, a so called professional developer and businessman behaving like a child

reminds me of Trump :roll:

discoDSP wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:34 am
Says who? Oh yes, a ordinary guy with the most unoriginal music ever written since Mozart. Discovery Pro synth has been praised by many top musician like Terry Lawless, U2 keyboardist. I don't think your opinion is of any relevance at all.

Oh, and regarding the people who want to go legal... these lawyers seem the best for you.
u2 have been shit since achtung baby.

They always sounded great except for their keyboards...

AnX wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:13 am wherec s is the source code for the ios version?

legally you have to release it, been a while now

should i contact a lawyer?
It’s available. Members here have already confirmed it in another thread.
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=526766

Here's an example how an actual reputable and respected dev resolves conflicts with its customers on a public forum. If you actually give a damn about your current and prospective customers and the future of your company, perhaps you ought to take a leaf out of u-he's book and handle any grievances, especially on a public forum, like a mature adult. Your lack of professionalism in handling any complaints raised against your business decisions and any subsequent responses is quite frankly embarrassing.
Always Read the Manual!

Return to “Instruments”