Output - Introducing PORTAL: A Granular FX Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fractalism for Output Portal Portal

simmo75 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:07 pm Portal is a very good effect plugin, demoing it right now. Evolution is real :)
demoing how?

vurt wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:14 pm
simmo75 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:07 pm Portal is a very good effect plugin, demoing it right now. Evolution is real :)
demoing how?
I thought f**k it, and decided to use the 14 days money back. Not really a demo I guess, it’s very early here.
Portal is impressive and very light in cpu.

please report back more- you are the only portal to Portal

It says on their website:
"pair it with Output’s ARCADE or any other instrument to truly make sounds your own"

How to do that ..does it mean just whack it on the output of Arcade? Or is there a deeper level of integration?

pinki wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:53 pm It says on their website:
"pair it with Output’s ARCADE or any other instrument to truly make sounds your own"

How to do that ..does it mean just whack it on the output of Arcade? Or is there a deeper level of integration?
Everything that I've seen would just indicate they mean: slap it on as an insert or send effect. It's just a marketing plug for Arcade.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

perpetual3 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:56 pm 1) No demo
2) short refund policy
3) expensive
4) many people report unresolved bugs, issues, and support.
5) poor discounts path for existing customers - still expensive.
Yeah, it’s interesting that they seems to invest a lot in graphic design and marketing (watch all those youtube video’s). And they don’t address the issues mentioned above.

My favorite companies all invest in their existing customers (like Fabfilter and U-he). BTW, the customer support of U-he is fantastic!

pinki wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:53 pm It says on their website:

I don’t have Arcade, not a fan of subscription.
Looking forward to playing more with Portal after work :)
So far though, had no crashes, the cpu use is next to nothing, which surprises me and it’s super fun to experiment with.
But it’s expensive at $149, I ‘completed my bundle’ from Output and it was $114 including a few other bits so it worked out a pretty reasonable deal for me.

kiezum wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:02 pm
perpetual3 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:56 pm 1) No demo
2) short refund policy
3) expensive
4) many people report unresolved bugs, issues, and support.
5) poor discounts path for existing customers - still expensive.
Yeah, it’s interesting that they seems to invest a lot in graphic design and marketing (watch all those youtube video’s). And they don’t address the issues mentioned above.

My favorite companies all invest in their existing customers (like Fabfilter and U-he). BTW, the customer support of U-he is fantastic!
In the world of Spitfire/East West etc you don't get demos or money back guarantee or resale options (never understood that world and have thus have avoided it) so Output I think are better than this. I'm fine with a money-back option. And I think all their products are re-sellable?

pinki wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:47 pm please report back more- you are the only portal to Portal
We need his input on Output's output.

pinki wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:21 pm In the world of Spitfire/East West etc you don't get demos or money back guarantee.
East West is the very reason I don't trust money refunds. I made an error in buying a bundle from East West as wanted the bigger bundle. So I contacted support immediately and we agreed that I would also buy the larger package and East West would then cancel and refund my money for the smaller package.

Yet, once they had my money, they would not honour our agreement. I had to argue for months and only when i threatened to lawyer up, they refunded me after 6 months.

So sorry, I want a demo and won't accept money refunds. Maybe East West blew it for other companies, but I want a demo or no deal.
Last edited by Stefken on Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wow that is bad..but EW do have a reputation for this kind of behaviour. I don't think Output are like that though I may be wrong... I get why you might be against the idea now though.

vurt wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:04 pm im not sure how id feel if i visited my therapist and she started noodling with synths :hihi:

"some lovely sounds youre making there yana, but can we chat about my depression and suicidal thoughts for a bit?"
:lol:

putte wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:39 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:04 pm im not sure how id feel if i visited my therapist and she started noodling with synths :hihi:

"some lovely sounds youre making there yana, but can we chat about my depression and suicidal thoughts for a bit?"
:lol:
:o
look who it is! :hug:

EW...dead to me. Can someone post samples of a simple melody like Twinkle Twinkle, Mary had... using output? Essentially anything with multiple key changes. Greatly appreciated. I just don't want to pay $150 to demo something. The price is ridiculous if it doesn't use something like Zynaptiq's "Organic Resynthesis," hence the test.

Oh, long tails please.
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

Never thought of 'Mary Had A Little Lamb' as a multiple key-change song. :o

Return to “Effects”