FXpansion releases Cypher2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cypher (DCAM: Synth Squad) Cypher2

Ok, the beta is not available in the manager tool but from my account I was able to download the two beta versions (Strobe2 & Cypher2).
I only use a few instances of both synths but RAM and CPU improvements are always welcome ;) Cypher2 is really a good sounding synth.

found a bug in Cypher 2 and Strobe 2 betas and already logged a ticket # 74253

the bug is simple, I can't select unison 2 unipolar mode. unison 2 bipolar and unipolar are always selected together when I try to use any of them.

Good catch, looks like that's been there for a while. We're going to push the current one out as a full update as it's been quite a while since the last one & we've had a lot of positive feedback on the CPU & RAM footprint, but I'll get that fixed in the next one.
This account is dormant, I am no longer employed by FXpansion / ROLI.

Find me on LinkedIn or elsewhere if you need to get in touch.

Strobe2 & Cypher2 v2.5.1.2 full update now out.
This account is dormant, I am no longer employed by FXpansion / ROLI.

Find me on LinkedIn or elsewhere if you need to get in touch.

Congrats Angus
rsp
sound sculptist

Angus_FX wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:19 pm Strobe2 & Cypher2 v2.5.1.2 full update now out.
Including demo?

I was able to download the update through the license manager after it prompted me that there was an updated version, even though I'm just demoing it. You can leve the serial number blank apparently and update it. Still only in try mode of course. I'm finding cpu use very reasonable, loads very fast too. I also realized that it kept hanging Bitwig when I deleted it because a notification box gets opened but hidden telling you that the demo lasts 30 minutes and you can't save. This causes Bitwig to freeze if you don't hit ok before trying to delete the plugin. So that's good news. I'm liking the dark orange look. Gives it a sort orange Srp 2600 look and also fits the Bitwig theme nicely! I think I may finally have to grab this. Oh boy that's going to be a learning curve but luckily the presets are pretty great for 5D. Also I was happy to see that you can lock parameters, which let me lower the gain on the lift when not using that which gets rid of some annoying lift modulation when you don't want it.

I just discovered something very strange and quite troubling. Maybe a bug? If modulation is applied to a parameter and you adjust that parameter, it changes the modulation range if the upper or lower range gets closed, and loses that modulation range when you move the parameter back to it's original position. Simple example: Say the filter cutoff is at the mid point, with a modulator applying positive modulation up to the maximum level. Now if you manually adjust the cutoff to the maximum position and back down, the modulation amount is gone entirely! And if you adjust to near maximum and then reduce it leaves whatever amount was left at the maximum position, so it cuts away modulation from manually adjusting a parameter higher or lower. This is crazy, synths never work this way. You can always adjust the parameter manually when modulation is applied and not have the mod range changed. This must be a bug right? It would be a showstopper for me to have the mod amounts constantly changing when I adjust parameters manually.
Last edited by Echoes in the Attic on Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Its a beta, send the bug report! If you are allowed to play with it at that stage, fulfill your duty...

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:46 pm Its a beta, send the bug report! If you are allowed to play with it at that stage, fulfill your duty...
My duty in demoing a final release version? It isn't a beta. It's v2.5.1.2.

Oh, didn‘t recognized its released... Well, still it might be useful to report, then you can even shout at them and be upset...; - )

Angus_FX wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:19 pm Strobe2 & Cypher2 v2.5.1.2 full update now out.
Since the mood in this thread is not always warm and positive, I would like to say thank you for Strobe2 & Cypher2.

The GUI has still some room for improvement, but the sound is absolutely stunning. Best analogue sounding software synths on the planet.
Last edited by Rastkovic on Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rastkovic wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:44 pmBest analogue sounding software synth on the planet.
Errrrm... Nope. It's very very good, but it's not the best :)

Okay, what is the best in your opinion?

But please no 1:1 emulation.... ;)

Of course it's gonna be a 1:1 emulation - for me it's Repro-5. Also, VAZ Modular is pretty old but can sound extremely vintage analog (and in many different vintage characters, too - which is amazing). Then there's The Legend and Monark, and Roland's plugins...

Return to “Instruments”