d16 Repeater thread

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
djmino02
KVRian
763 posts since 24 Nov, 2011

Post Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:08 am

jbuonacc wrote: what i find worst (and pretty much unacceptable) is that they don't feedback like any of the originals. you have to get to +105% (wtf?) for any of them to really start going wild on themselves. that's ridiculous. most of the range of the feedback knob gives almost zero change in behavior, like it sticks at 2 or 3 repeats until you get to something like 70%. the "analog" button obviously just seems to be a LPF slapped on top to "darken" it a bit.

really disappointed with this thing. does sound very nice for "typical" uses though.
Try putting an Omnipressor after the delay.

User avatar
twolegstoneworks
KVRian
1371 posts since 12 Jun, 2003 from Denmark

Re: d16 Repeater thread

Post Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:59 am

djmino02 wrote:
jbuonacc wrote: what i find worst (and pretty much unacceptable) is that they don't feedback like any of the originals. you have to get to +105% (wtf?) for any of them to really start going wild on themselves. that's ridiculous. most of the range of the feedback knob gives almost zero change in behavior, like it sticks at 2 or 3 repeats until you get to something like 70%. the "analog" button obviously just seems to be a LPF slapped on top to "darken" it a bit.

really disappointed with this thing. does sound very nice for "typical" uses though.
Try putting an Omnipressor after the delay.
..or drive the input volume. That'll impact the sound a lot.
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

djmino02
KVRian
763 posts since 24 Nov, 2011

Re: d16 Repeater thread

Post Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:34 am

Omnipressor really brings up the low level sounds of the echoes, while keeping the original sound transparent.

The plugin really does feedback like crazy but the volume drops out real quick.

yehboy1
KVRist
457 posts since 13 Mar, 2017

Re: d16 Repeater thread

Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:55 am

$19 at Plugin Boutique

User avatar
Burillo
KVRAF
3631 posts since 15 Nov, 2006 from Hell

Re: d16 Repeater thread

Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:01 am

the feedback knob is waaaay too polite. it has to be at like 70% before i can hear more than one repeat.

also, it seems that there's no way to apply filter/color into the feedback path - the feedback path is always clean aside from the "analog" knob, and the filters are only applied to the delay output.
From Russia with love
Our online jams (if you speak Russian - you're welcome to join!)

User avatar
sqigls
KVRAF
3854 posts since 25 Dec, 2004 from Melbourne, Australia

Re: d16 Repeater thread

Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:38 am

the GUI is layed out all wrong.
it's a head f**k to use. Instead of LEFT being on the left, and RIGHT being on the right, the time display is layed out like this, but everything else is L top and R bottom, and the knobs are grouped poorly, there's no real flow, it's frustrating as f**k.
no quick symbol indicators to guide either, just a bold font everywhere that forces the user to stop and squint and read and get out of the music flow just to figure out which one is the LEFT mix or the RIGHT high pass etc.
even if it were free, i'd pass it up.

User avatar
plexuss
KVRAF
3226 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Re: d16 Repeater thread

Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:59 am

I tried the demo when it came out. It was really hyped up before that. I felt the same way about the layout. the sound was surprisingly not that interesting. it was a head-scratcher for me, I chalked it up to "I guess I just don't get it". I didn't buy it. Not sure I'd buy it for $19 because I have uhe Colour Copy which does what I thought Repeater would be. :scared:

User avatar
exmatproton
KVRAF
2391 posts since 25 Apr, 2011

Re: d16 Repeater thread

Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:10 pm

plexuss wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:59 am
I tried the demo when it came out. It was really hyped up before that. I felt the same way about the layout. the sound was surprisingly not that interesting. it was a head-scratcher for me, I chalked it up to "I guess I just don't get it". I didn't buy it. Not sure I'd buy it for $19 because I have uhe Colour Copy which does what I thought Repeater would be. :scared:
Colour copy is indeed a nice alternative.

Lotuz2019
KVRist
132 posts since 26 Apr, 2019 from Netherlands

Re: d16 Repeater thread

Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:04 pm

Recently I got a few nice delays already, so I have no need for Repeater anymore. Otherwise for EUR 18 this would have been a must have delay for me.

Nice GUI, no complaints there. Spread is a nice feature, though I'd like it to be adjustable. And same for Analog, I'd like it to be adjustable, so I'd be able to make the sound of the delay progress even more (darker/lighter). If only the models contained more of the character of the modelled delays, then I'd probably couldn't have resisted this sale.

Now if Tekturon would be on sale for the same price...

GusGranite
KVRist
38 posts since 18 Feb, 2019

Re: d16 Repeater thread

Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:24 pm

There is this offer that puts them at about $22 per plugin. https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... ited-Time-

Lotuz2019
KVRist
132 posts since 26 Apr, 2019 from Netherlands

Re: d16 Repeater thread

Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:31 pm

GusGranite wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:24 pm
There is this offer that puts them at about $22 per plugin. https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... ited-Time-
I don't need all the plugins of the bundle though. Can I sell them separately? Probably not.

User avatar
dionenoid
KVRist
320 posts since 3 Jan, 2019 from Holland

Re: d16 Repeater thread

Post Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:06 pm

And they still didn't fix the automation bug after all these years.
More BPM please

chk071
KVRAF
21203 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: d16 Repeater thread

Post Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:11 pm

dionenoid wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:06 pm
And they still didn't fix the automation bug after all these years.
Sometimes i think that noone is reporting stuff like that...

User avatar
dionenoid
KVRist
320 posts since 3 Jan, 2019 from Holland

Re: d16 Repeater thread

Post Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:23 pm

chk071 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:11 pm
dionenoid wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:06 pm
And they still didn't fix the automation bug after all these years.
Sometimes i think that noone is reporting stuff like that...
I did. With D16 and even with Steven Slate himself (Repeater is part of the Slate bundle). Both said it would be fixed in a future update. There have been a couple of updates after that but, you can guess, no fix for the automation bug.
Which doesn't really surprise me because D16 don't have a good reputation for fixing things, they rather release new stuff.
More BPM please

mholloway
KVRian
1145 posts since 11 Jan, 2009 from Portland, OR, USA

Re: d16 Repeater thread

Post Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:54 pm

D16.... some very quality plugins, but once they are released, don't count on anything getting updated or fixed until many years later when they finally release a paid upgrade to V2.
www.dwifh.com - old-school industrial music by DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER
https://tvhwy.bandcamp.com/releases - classic IDM / electronica by TV HWY

Return to “Effects”