FYI!! Melda SoundFactory ON SALE til JUNE 30

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MSoundFactory MSoundFactory Sound Library

wagtunes wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:04 pm
David wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:01 pm Well said:)
Have you started exploring Device building yet? IIRC, you'd previously indicated no interest…?
If somebody can point out an advantage to doing so (personally, I can't think of anything) I'd be happy to explore it. Right now, just designing patches (which is what I do on every other synth I own) is more than enough to keep me busy.
Damn you, now I'm going to have to buy it.

The current intro price, especially with referral or existing user discount is absolutely no-brainer for something as powerful. For people who own several of their products the price can be too low actually. I'm so glad that all the knowledge and skill of using the MPS, Mxxx, MTurboReverb all can be used in a very powerful way. This is my first experience for being able to use older products which I'm familiar with in a whole new way. So glad to jump into the wagon since the beginning. Never expect that the "Free-for-life updates" is going to be this huge all this years. They're one of the most solid company in upgrading the product with better and better interface and features. With great and friendly support, no hassle (fool proof) upgrade and download policy. So excited to follow the development for the coming years.

Thank you for the great insight David!
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

crystalmsc wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:17 am The current intro price, especially with referral or existing user discount is absolutely no-brainer for something as powerful. For people who own several of their products the price can be too low actually. I'm so glad that all the knowledge and skill of using the MPS, Mxxx, MTurboReverb all can be used in a very powerful way. This is my first experience for being able to use older products which I'm familiar with in a whole new way. So glad to jump into the wagon since the beginning. Never expect that the "Free-for-life updates" is going to be this huge all this years. They're one of the most solid company in upgrading the product with better and better interface and features. With great and friendly support, no hassle (fool proof) upgrade and download policy. So excited to follow the development for the coming years.

Thank you for the great insight David!
Their current new default skin is quite an improvement. I like it a lot compared to their older ones. Glad they've kept at it.

Hi,

I'm a french user and my english is not very good, but I will try to be clear. 😉

Like most of us, especially Wagtunes, I was not ok with the GUI. And like him, I made a complete 180 but not by using MSF, but at the release of version 13. And I love when Wagtunes made his 180, and I love MSF !

wagtunes wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:41 pm Well, after several weeks, I've done a complete 180 on this synth. You work with this GUI long enough (and it does take some time) and eventually it becomes second nature. It's not pretty but it's actually one of the most "functional" GUIs I've ever worked with. It's clinical to the point where you can dial things in to the microbe. I don't think I have this much level of control with any other synth that I own.

Soundwise, close to 200 patches in, I've barely scratched the surface. This is a rabbit hole the size of which is beyond immense.

I can still understand people not liking it. This synth won't be for everybody. But if you have patience, you will be rewarded beyond anything you can imagine.

Be warned though. You can make patches that will fry your CPU. It is not hard to do.

My best purchase of 2019 hands down.
I was impressed by this wagtunes post.

Did Jojtech state a few weeks ago that he will devote most of his time this year working and updating MSF? So if MSF looks that great now how will it look like in six months?

After being on KVR for 15 years (!) this guy finally post his first comment to say ... he loves MSF. :clown:

Thanks for that comment sfd.
Be registered on KVR don't mean to be active.
But it seems to be a problem for you.

I noted a fact.

... Why? w/ a clown smiley afterwards to boot (?) If anything that he's been registered for a decade and a half and decides to make his first post speaks to how impressed he is w/ MSF.

How you remember your password from 15 years ago is another matter, not the friendliest of welcomes though, just sayin, but maybe i'm misinterpreting your noting of facts, if so, apologies.

Agree MSF can get heavy on the cpu if you don't watch it as Wagtunes said. Last patch I made it was pushing 40% out of nowhere but otoh I seem to also get great sounds that don't eat much cpu.

Reefius wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:36 am As long as Melda sticks to their horrible GUI, I will never use any of their plugins.
2 Weeks later I purchased MSF :P

I still hate the GUI, but the synth is just too awesome :D

Reefius wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:08 pm
Reefius wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:36 am As long as Melda sticks to their horrible GUI, I will never use any of their plugins.
2 Weeks later I purchased MSF :P

I still hate the GUI, but the synth is just too awesome :D
Same here. Except I am selling off my other Melda plugins. I just sold the Creative Bundle - what a load off my shoulders. Bit the bullet with the crazy high transfer fee greed but now it's off my back! It was worth it. Like any divorce. :phones:

Nusound mind, 😉

I think Melda users are masochistic. 😀

This was definitely a quirky synth to get around. I demoed it for about 20 minutes and removed it. Somehow it just kept bothering me that I had to figure out how to use this synth. I downloaded it again and watched some of the videos David linked. Twelve or thirteen hours later I bought it. Now that I’m diving into it, holy hell. It sounds so damn good. It took me like 15 minutes just to figure out how to save the screen size and have it default to the edit - generator page. Kind of weird but slowly I’m getting used to the layout.

Side note: does anyone know why sometimes when I use two osc with a merger going into a filter that my sound cuts out? Like it doesn’t fade out it just stops. If I remove the merger and have two separate filters (one for osc 1 and one for osc 2), it never cuts out.
Yo.

Skandiluz wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:58 pm It took me like 15 minutes just to figure out how to save the screen size and have it default to the edit - generator page. Kind of weird but slowly I’m getting used to the layout.
How?
Skandiluz wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:58 pm Side note: does anyone know why sometimes when I use two osc with a merger going into a filter that my sound cuts out? Like it doesn’t fade out it just stops. If I remove the merger and have two separate filters (one for osc 1 and one for osc 2), it never cuts out.
I had something similar, either with Merger, Morph or Ratio (don't recall), but at the time, I thought my DAW being taxed to its limits was a cause. This being a beta, I should have documented the exact scenario and shared it with Melda. Next time.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:27 pm
Skandiluz wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:58 pm It took me like 15 minutes just to figure out how to save the screen size and have it default to the edit - generator page. Kind of weird but slowly I’m getting used to the layout.
How?
How as in how did it take me so long or how as in how did I do it?
Dirtgrain wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:27 pm
Skandiluz wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:58 pm Side note: does anyone know why sometimes when I use two osc with a merger going into a filter that my sound cuts out? Like it doesn’t fade out it just stops. If I remove the merger and have two separate filters (one for osc 1 and one for osc 2), it never cuts out.
I had something similar, either with Merger, Morph or Ratio (don't recall), but at the time, I thought my DAW being taxed to its limits was a cause. This being a beta, I should have documented the exact scenario and shared it with Melda. Next time.
Ah. That makes sense. I understand it's a beta so I was more curious to see if anyone else had similar issues or a remedy to fix mine.
Yo.

Return to “Instruments”