2ndsenseaudio released Wiggle Synthesizer Plugin PC/MAC

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
WIGGLE

It works just fine. CPU usage is good on i7, but if you enable everything like FM and Unison and modulating every waveform point and parameter, then increase latency and you'll be fine. It's a very powerful synth that hides a lot of what it can really do.

I bought it full price back in the days. Still no regrets.

Wiggle is a great synth and I have no big issues using it in Studio One 4.5.1 on PC Win10.

However, once I use it in Ableton 10.1 and flip through the presets the CPU issues mentioned before in this thread make it practically useless. E.g. the CPU hovers at around 45% while no note is playing and go back to, let's say 15%, once you start playing. Worse than that, the longer you play the more CPU is adding up to a point all starts crackling. I also disabled Wiggle's FX and set it to mono (because I thought this is some kind of a polyphony issue) but nothing helped. If I want to use Wiggle in Ableton 10.1, I would have to wrap it in Komplete Kontrol but i don't like NI Kontrol so that's not a real option to me.

As far as I remember Wiggle was performing also okay in FL Studio without these issues.

[deleted by user]
Last edited by quietzone on Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I don't use ableton, but I just want to say that I think Wiggle is a really, really cool synth. I would say it's a buy at anything under $100. at $20, it's a no-brainer.

It is a nice synth. I bought it in 2016 and continue to play around with it frequently. What would concern me at this point, however, is the developer. The latest software update is from 2016 and the company went completely silent in 2017. Chances are one of the next OS updates will break it and nobody will be able to fix that.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

I'm no expert on the software retail industry, but I can only imagine that the fact PluginBoutique intermittently has Wiggle for sale for $50 means they must have established communication with 2nd Sense to get these sales approved. I can live with having bought software that's now unsupported, but evidently the folks at 2nd sense didn't just vanish into thin air. They'll speak with PIB, just not customers, nor will they acknowledge that their synth is unsupported or give an explanation or an apology to people who bought it not knowing it was abandoned.

IMHO that's borderline bad faith. I'll be sure to never buy anything else of theirs if they do make a comeback.

Razzia wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:50 pm IMHO that's borderline bad faith. I'll be sure to never buy anything else of theirs if they do make a comeback.
Nothing lasts forever, especially vst's. So you should only use hardware :tu:

There are still 40+ years old synths that work. Imagine using 40+ years old softsynth :lol:

Razzia wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:50 pm They'll speak with PIB, just not customers, nor will they acknowledge that their synth is unsupported or give an explanation or an apology to people who bought it not knowing it was abandoned.

IMHO that's borderline bad faith. I'll be sure to never buy anything else of theirs if they do make a comeback.
Actually I wrote 2ndSense on May 27th when I bought it to see how I could get an account on their site, and they wrote me back today, almost a month later, to tell me that if you buy from a 3rd party, you don't need one. At least someone is checking the email every month or so.

Razzia wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:50 pm nor will they acknowledge that their synth is unsupported or give an explanation or an apology to people who bought it not knowing it was abandoned.
I've never yet bought a synth for 'support'.
I buy synths as-is, with no expectation of future improvements.

I happily used Wiggle twice with Hive this weekend. Hive was recently updated,
Wiggle has not been updated since I bought it. I'll buy more U-he products,
and I'll buy from Second Sense if they have something else I like.
I record with what I have, and it's great fun :hyper:

glokraw wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:53 pm
Razzia wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:50 pm nor will they acknowledge that their synth is unsupported or give an explanation or an apology to people who bought it not knowing it was abandoned.
I've never yet bought a synth for 'support'.
I buy synths as-is, with no expectation of future improvements.
That's a really nice sounding principle unless it stops working properly.

I use it in linux, does it not work properly on windows/mac ? :?

Works fine on Windows 10. There's no VST3, but it's a 64-bit VST2. So I don't see why it wouldn't keep working well into the future.

The way Mac updates work, I could see the concern.

Bitwig should buy it up and they could call it:

Bit-Wiggle

(ba-dum-TSH)

Or wiggledbit 🤔

Return to “Instruments”