discoDSP Synths

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

martinjuenke wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:47 pm No problem, just opened a new thread about the Cloud service...
:lol:
My thread has been deleted!
What a s**ker!

Can you still post in the DiscoDSP subforum now?

martinjuenke wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:38 pm
What a s**ker!
Soaker?
Seeker?
Shaker?

There seems to have been quite a lot of deletion of user comments on the discoDSP threads...

That could only come from the moderators...

While I respect their position walking a fine line,they must also look at the irrational and confrontational behaviour that George has been displaying here on the KVR forums and understand that there has been quite a reaction to this...

They can delete as many threads and posts as they see fit,but the damage has already been done and the majority of that damage has been caused by one George Reales...

It will go down in the record books as a series of own goals :wink:
No auto tune...

if you look on the top of company support forums you will see each forum has it's own mods for their forums.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Someone needs to create a mini-series based on the story of an online community of music creators and the love/hate and often times drama filled interactions with the people that create the software they use. Like Breaking Bad but with plugins and computer music geeks :tu:

Not sure if it would be very popular. :?

But, seriously, this is a bit too much. IMO, if you have a issue with the company, avoid them, or send them a angry mail. I think we all get now that you're pissed off. And, i also think we all get now that George is a bit desperate on the money side (and not since yesterday). No need to totally ruin him for that.

I apologise Hink,because I'm a dummy and I can't read the fine print....

We all love you because you're one of the good guys :hug:
No auto tune...

chk071 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:28 pm And, i also think we all get now that George is a bit desperate on the money side (and not since yesterday). No need to totally ruin him for that.
Well then maybe George should look at building the company instead of destroying it ?

Take a long term position and do what any other company has to do to be successful these days...

Offer a good range of products that the customer wants and back them up with a high level of customer service...

Listen to the existing and potential customers and try to understand their needs,because connecting with those customers is the key to any company's long term success...

Put yourself in the position of the customer and try to reverse engineer that experience because it is a basic fundamental of any business...

Business is a two way transaction where both sides of the equation enter into the transaction for mutual benefit...

If you don't have two sides to the equation,it fails...

To put it more simply and quite succinctly, if a business doesn't have any customers, it's funked :wink:

So George could do well to listen and learn from the criticism that has been levelled at him because there has been a lot of it !

Instead of taking the high road with an inflexible and confrontational attitude,he should listen with an open mind, because customer feedback and his response to it,is vitally important for shaping the future of his company :tu:
Last edited by digitalboytn on Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No auto tune...

What i just don't get about this thing is the cloud subscription thing. Not that i know much about this stuff... but... are the costs for download servers that high?

This isn't rocket science. It's busines strategy. It's simple: What is the goal? "I need more money". What will make more money? Software sales? "Yes". Increase software sales...

Scenario 1: Have a bunch of sales to get more products in people's hands and then create a "cloud" service for an annual fee that enables downloads inspiring users to subscribe to download their software.

Scenario 2: Lower prices perpetually to inspire software sales.

Risks/benefits, scenario 1: Risks: Users may get angry and propogate messaging that reduces software sales, existing users may not subscribe and simply live with whatever version they have, users may sell their licenses further reducing prospective new sales. Benefits: Creates another stream of revenue, no impact to existing prices/potential revenue, can be seen as a value-add for some users, annual subscription could result in repeat sales from the same user.

Risks/benefits, scenario 2: Risks: Lower revenue if volume doesn't increase enough, disappointing existing users that paid more. Benefits: potential increases revenues, increase satisfied customers, increase positive word of mouth, many avenues for increased revenue, over-all enhancement to brand.

Then you go into what you can do to mitigiate the risks.... however I don't think there is need to. In this analysis it's clear scenario 1 is more risky and the benefits don't seem to be worth it compared to Scenario 2.

So why he went with Scenario 1, who knows.

martinjuenke wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:38 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:47 pm No problem, just opened a new thread about the Cloud service...
What a s**ker!

viewtopic.php?p=7439177#p7439177

chk071 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:28 pm But, seriously, this is a bit too much. IMO, if you have a issue with the company, avoid them, or send them a angry mail. I think we all get now that you're pissed off. And, i also think we all get now that George is a bit desperate on the money side (and not since yesterday). No need to totally ruin him for that.
Now this may be a bit far-fetched, but a pal of mine (completely different industry, but still...) ran into financial issues a while ago because demand dropped below the level which would allow him to sustain his business.

He informed his customers on that situation, told them what would likely happen ("shut down all product support within 12 months if things don´t improve") and told them which strategies he had been pondering, e.g. increase support fees, bring new products to market faster (and do something that would be called "paid beta" in the software world), cooperate with distributors (might lead to higher prices but relieve him of distribution costs and efforts to let him focus on product development) etc, and asked for feedback.

That kind of honesty went down rather well with his customer base, the majority was ok with paying higher support fees for "guaranteed early access to new products", a few new products were developed with what one would call "crowdfunding", and he´s still up and running and doing ok.

chk071 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:58 pm What i just don't get about this thing is the cloud subscription thing. Not that i know much about this stuff... but... are the costs for download servers that high?
Depends on what you are using. If you want a very high quality of service these can be more expensive that one might think. Not a huge amount, but if you are already struggling every penny counts.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

They're not huge sample libraries. Synths usually are only a few MB in size and I don't think there are thousands of downloads a day on his site.
Links to the demo's are freely available so there is no reason (except pure greed) not to provide free download links in the customer area.

Return to “Instruments”