Audiority PlexiTape updated to v1.4 - Solid State Tape Echo - AAX, AU, CLAP, VST2, VST3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PlexiTape

We are happy to announce to you our newest effect plugin: PlexiTape - Solid State Tape Echo

PlexiTape is a faithful analog modeled simulation of an iconic tape echo that made THE SOUND of the '70s.

We put special care on modelling this unit on every aspect: motor, tape, FET preamplifier, heads and even the infamous “Sound On Sound”. SOS allows you to use bypass the echo and therefore use the tape as a looping recorder. Furthermore, we expanded it with new features including a full stereo double delay line, tempo sync and more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zSBGl4EfgE

Specifications
  • Analog Modeled Vintage Solid State Tape Echo
  • Auxiliary Echo with Echo Pan for full stereo effects
  • 3 Echo Modes: Echo, Off (Preamp + Tape colour only) and Sound On Sound
  • 2 FET Preamp models: Early and Late
  • 2 Playback Modes: Regular (with Varispeed) and Sync
  • Varispeed from 3 to 15 IPS
  • Echo Tone equalizer
  • Delay Ducking
  • Machine Age
  • Tape Erase
  • Internal hum noise (fully adjustable, for increased realism and self oscillation)
  • Resizable interface
Price: $65/€65

More info: https://www.audiority.com/shop/plexitape/

Cheers,
Luca
Last edited by Audiority on Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.

I am very happy about this. Back in the day it was the Echoplex that was my tape echo of choice. The IK version is very nice but limited. I am looking forward to demo the Audiority version as they make really nice audio software!

Ultimately I picked up a Fulltone Tube Tape Echo which is basically the EP-3 but with numerous modern updates - its the Echoplex I dreamed of but never thought I'd see. The original units were not made very well and suffered all kinds of electro-mechanical issues.. :phones:

Delay is my middle name :) This looks very interesting!
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

After 5 minutes just when I started thinking it didn't sound all that different from other delays, and certainly not as intriguing as the T7E, you started turning up the noise, turning down the speed, and also turning up the rec level. That's when the magic started happening. My wallet is glad that there's no 32 bit version available, but it's on my wish list for when I go 64 bit someday.

https://youtu.be/AwSqPbE6OSc

Oh no 32bit version? :(
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I'm sorry but we stopped developing 32bit versions of our plugin since the beginning of 2019.

I'm hoping you'll do a Tel-Ray Oil Can as well. There aren't many of those yet, let alone convincing emulations, so please consider. And by that time I've probably upgraded to 64 bit. ;)

It's definitely on my list, but it's hard to find a Gibson GA4 or a Fender featuring those beautiful Tel Ray oil cans. :)

Audiority wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:43 pm I'm sorry but we stopped developing 32bit versions of our plugin since the beginning of 2019.
I see. No problem.

32 bit is long in tooth. I do want to demo this if get some time

Finally a native vst Echoplex !
Sounds lervelee :D

The AUX line is handy!! Is that a hardware feature? I've never owned one.

Chews a bit of juice, but it really does sound superb. That feedback overload is unmistakeable.
Generous intro period too, cheers.
Well done!

Thanks! :)
No, AUX doesn't exists in the original hardware.

Cheers,
Luca

I tried this against the T-Racks one and while it is certainly WAY more flexible, I must admit that I preferred the CS Tape Echo - which is a lot darker - over Plexitape - I can't say which is more authentic, but CS Tape Echo immediately sounded more Floydish to me, an impression that mo amount of tweaking of Flexitape could completely remove.

Being the delay-slut I am and given how nice Plexitape is nonetheless, I will most probably get it anyway though. :-D
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

maybe related, i have a heap of friends who still own shedloads of hardware, in particular the RE-201... i swear the tonal difference between some of them is quite vast. I would assume that the EP-3 and 4 are the same in this respect..?

i really dug owning the EP-34 or whatever it is - by UAD. but there's no way i'm going back to that stuff.
there's no way i'm going back to supporting IK Multimedia either :P

jens wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:05 am I tried this against the T-Racks one and while it is certainly WAY more flexible, I must admit that I preferred the CS Tape Echo - which is a lot darker - over Plexitape - I can't say which is more authentic, but CS Tape Echo immediately sounded more Floydish to me, an impression that mo amount of tweaking of Flexitape could completely remove.
If you need something Floydish and darker, you should get Echoes T7E which is THE echo used by Pink Floyd.

Cheers,
Luca

Return to “Effects”