FYI!! Melda SoundFactory ON SALE til JUNE 30

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MSoundFactory MSoundFactory Sound Library

Well, fwiw, this synth doesn’t sound any less “warm” than other softsynths I’ve encountered.

Also looks pretty promising. Will keep an eye out, for sure.

Dirtgrain,
It is from the intro song of A Momentary Lapse of Reason. I played it memory, just an evocation.

Riared,
It's not a patch from scratch. I played the preset Dual HP Pad and modified it.
Your sound makes me think of Kavinsky.

i have the totafx bindle and i have to pay Euro 99 ,what gives ;-)

You didn't bought MSF to make those sounds..did you ?

vurt wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:48 pm
sfd wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:28 am In an earlier comment regarding MSF I said that I consider it being a gimmick of no interest to me as a musician. That comment woke quite a bit of anger among the fanboys.

Sounds are, to some extent but not entirely, what colors are to a painter. Even though more colors allows more options it doesn't necessarily mean a better painting.

For a musician sounds are not the basic element of a composition. Other then as something audibly. The core element of a musical composition is - melody.

That is what makes a song memorable. Take any melody by Mozart. What instrument / sound ? It doesn't matter.

That said, it doesn't mean sounds are irrelevant. Just as colors to a painter are not irrelevant. But what really matters is the motif.

And so, here we've a tool that can tweak sounds into a sub-particle level. Here I can have one thousand rimshots. But what am I going to do with one thousand rimshots ?

Unsurprisingly nobody talks about MSF in terms of musicality or even as a musical instrument. It's all about technology. Where nobody lift their eyes above the tweaking of sub sub sub sonic particles - and views it from a perspective of it's purpose. Creating sounds. And lift their eyes above that - creating music.

Notably, nobody demonstrates any sound made by this thing. Even less so by illustrating the parameters used - that shows that the sound could only have been made with this thing. And even less so, but not surprisingly, nobody has came out with any music done with this thing.

Notably the waste majority of the fanboys do not make music. At least nothing they share in their profiles. And equally as many do not share any sounds either. It's just an obsession to technology without looking at it's core , supposed , purpose.

What matters to me is the motif of the panting and the skill it's made by. Not the chemical components of the colors.

To me, as a musician, it's the end result that counts. For that MSF doesn't change anything. Bartok made great music played on a ridiculously limited instrument as a piano. And so far non of the MSF sub-sonic-particle tweaking fanboys have not show up anything convincing (anything at all actually) that can only have been made thanks to MSF. Especially not musically. Especially not as an illustration that MSF makes any relevant difference, of any significance, to the - music.
then just avoid the thread :shrug:
why does it matter to you what others do?
that's a question for you to mull over internally, i dont need the answer.
Good to see you care for my comments :tu:

sfd wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:19 am
vurt wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:48 pm
sfd wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:28 am In an earlier comment regarding MSF I said that I consider it being a gimmick of no interest to me as a musician. That comment woke quite a bit of anger among the fanboys.

Sounds are, to some extent but not entirely, what colors are to a painter. Even though more colors allows more options it doesn't necessarily mean a better painting.

For a musician sounds are not the basic element of a composition. Other then as something audibly. The core element of a musical composition is - melody.

That is what makes a song memorable. Take any melody by Mozart. What instrument / sound ? It doesn't matter.

That said, it doesn't mean sounds are irrelevant. Just as colors to a painter are not irrelevant. But what really matters is the motif.

And so, here we've a tool that can tweak sounds into a sub-particle level. Here I can have one thousand rimshots. But what am I going to do with one thousand rimshots ?

Unsurprisingly nobody talks about MSF in terms of musicality or even as a musical instrument. It's all about technology. Where nobody lift their eyes above the tweaking of sub sub sub sonic particles - and views it from a perspective of it's purpose. Creating sounds. And lift their eyes above that - creating music.

Notably, nobody demonstrates any sound made by this thing. Even less so by illustrating the parameters used - that shows that the sound could only have been made with this thing. And even less so, but not surprisingly, nobody has came out with any music done with this thing.

Notably the waste majority of the fanboys do not make music. At least nothing they share in their profiles. And equally as many do not share any sounds either. It's just an obsession to technology without looking at it's core , supposed , purpose.

What matters to me is the motif of the panting and the skill it's made by. Not the chemical components of the colors.

To me, as a musician, it's the end result that counts. For that MSF doesn't change anything. Bartok made great music played on a ridiculously limited instrument as a piano. And so far non of the MSF sub-sonic-particle tweaking fanboys have not show up anything convincing (anything at all actually) that can only have been made thanks to MSF. Especially not musically. Especially not as an illustration that MSF makes any relevant difference, of any significance, to the - music.
then just avoid the thread :shrug:
why does it matter to you what others do?
that's a question for you to mull over internally, i dont need the answer.
Good to see you care for my comments :tu:
You would do well here https://www.reddit.com/r/gatekeeping/

Most of you are really missing the point when it comes to giving examples of so called warm sounds
A karplus strong algoritm will not sound any different in melda fromr any other synth , since it's just a tuned delay line with a filter in the feedback loop ( for damping )

Sure you can make msf sound warm and lush , hence the amount of modules .
For me the best test case for warm sounds is a simple harmonically rich waveform into a decaying LP filter , the filters in melda are imho def. lacking ..even turbofilter
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:07 pm Most of you are really missing the point when it comes to giving examples of so called warm sounds
A karplus strong algoritm will not sound any different in melda fromr any other synth , since it's just a tuned delay line with a filter in the feedback loop ( for damping )

For me the best test case for warm sounds is a simple harmonically rich waveform into a decaying LP filter , the filters in melda are imho def. lacking ..even turbofilter
+1

And that's also what I suggested.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:07 pm Most of you are really missing the point when it comes to giving examples of so called warm sounds

We are not missing the point. We are demonstrating that warm analog sounds can be produced in MSF. Really doesn't require much effort actually.

I still haven't heard anyone make it sound like an Oberheim 4 voice or OB-X yet.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:35 pm I still haven't heard anyone make it sound like an Oberheim 4 voice or OB-X yet.
Ok but have you heard it sound warm and analog even if it's not like an OB?

Cheap Stone in Focus knockoff: https://soundcloud.com/fritz-e-18766441 ... n-focusish
I think it's warm.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:41 pm Cheap Stone in Focus knockoff: https://soundcloud.com/fritz-e-18766441 ... n-focusish
I think it's warm.
This one to me sounds FM-ish a little bit and a little digital as a result actually. Still sounds good though!

rlared wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:38 pm
wagtunes wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:35 pm I still haven't heard anyone make it sound like an Oberheim 4 voice or OB-X yet.
Ok but have you heard it sound warm and analog even if it's not like an OB?
No, actually I heard it sound dull and lifeless.

Return to “Instruments”