FYI!! Melda SoundFactory ON SALE til JUNE 30

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MSoundFactory MSoundFactory Sound Library

wagtunes wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:51 pm I use MSF for what it excels in and don't try to fit a square peg into a round hole. If you're looking for fat, warm analog, look elsewhere. This won't give it to you.
So another plugin such as ______ may be capable of producing a fat, warm analog sound but not MSF?
Personally I love music that is fat, warm analog and would be disappointed if MSF was incapable of this while some other plugin that I likely do not have does.

I am no expert but I do believe a few here offered warm samples.

David wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:44 pm PatchAdamz said:
"Here is a plucked string sound with bell tone on the higher frequencies:"
https://soundcloud.com/vintage-synth-pa ... undfactory

Sounds great! Looking forward to your patches for MSF! Have you explored Device creation at all, I wonder (as I did for Wags)?"
Thanks, yes I have delved into most features including device creation.
The included features are many, its a virtual playground for sound design.
Lots of little doors to open.......

Kalamata Kid wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:20 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:51 pm I use MSF for what it excels in and don't try to fit a square peg into a round hole. If you're looking for fat, warm analog, look elsewhere. This won't give it to you.
So another plugin such as ______ may be capable of producing a fat, warm analog sound but not MSF?
Personally I love music that is fat, warm analog and would be disappointed if MSF was incapable of this while some other plugin that I likely do not have does.

Well, everyone has their opinion of what fat, warm and analog is. I'm entitled to mine. And my opinion is that if I want warm, fat and analog, I'll turn to something like Oxium or PolyM first.

Truth is, there aren't a lot of software VSTs that I would call fat, warm and analog.

Again, just my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

rlared wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:43 pm
Dirtgrain wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:41 pm Cheap Stone in Focus knockoff: https://soundcloud.com/fritz-e-18766441 ... n-focusish
I think it's warm.
This one to me sounds FM-ish a little bit and a little digital as a result actually. Still sounds good though!
Additive, fiddled with harmonics, into resonator, into chorus, into Turbofilter, with Turboreverb on the effect. I didn't EQ it--maybe that would make it less digital. Hmmm.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:35 pm

Well, everyone has their opinion of what fat, warm and analog is. I'm entitled to mine. And my opinion is that if I want warm, fat and analog, I'll turn to something like Oxium or PolyM first.

Truth is, there aren't a lot of software VSTs that I would call fat, warm and analog.

I do respect your opinion as you certainly know more about this matter than I.
Is there a chance that you can post a sample that fits warm, fat and analog.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:55 pm
wagtunes wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:35 pm

I do respect your opinion as you certainly know more about this matter than I.
Is there a chance that you can post a sample that fits warm, fat and analog.
What does it matter what I think? The only thing that matters is what YOU think. If you think something sounds good enough then it's good enough. I've stopped caring what other people think a long time ago.

Dirtgrain wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:39 pm
rlared wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:43 pm
Dirtgrain wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:41 pm Cheap Stone in Focus knockoff: https://soundcloud.com/fritz-e-18766441 ... n-focusish
I think it's warm.
This one to me sounds FM-ish a little bit and a little digital as a result actually. Still sounds good though!
Additive, fiddled with harmonics, into resonator, into chorus, into Turbofilter, with Turboreverb on the effect. I didn't EQ it--maybe that would make it less digital. Hmmm.
My understanding is with analog oscillators, they aren't stable enough to have FM that is tuned to an exact ratio so you get a consistent pitch across multiple notes. But on digital synths you can have super accurate and constant FM. Your sound had a metallic quality that was in-tune, so that's why I was saying that.
Last edited by rlared on Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Duplicate

People do FM with analogue oscillators all the time, and very well.

People do drifting pitch with digital oscillators.

A sound is a sound.

mrdoghead wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:11 pm People do FM with analogue oscillators all the time, and very well.

People do drifting pitch with digital oscillators.

A sound is a sound.
Right but doing something like a bell sound using FM that tracks across the keyboard in the correct pitch is pretty impossible on an analog synth if I understand correctly, because the analog FM modulator can't be that precise.

More because analog oscillators don’t have a phase input. They usually obey a V/octave logarithmic curve, if you use that to control the frequency the result is very different than if you do it with a linear representation. Modulating the phase has the same result as linear frequency modulation... Nice to experiment with these different behaviors in the new Bitwig Grid...

mrmagoo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:34 pm PatchAdamZ
Your Plucked Strings sounds great.
Thanks!

Here is another one...
Responsive plucked strings with underlining string pad:

https://soundcloud.com/vintage-synth-pa ... undfactory

PatchAdamz, how do you get that tube/pipe modeled sound for the strings? I dig it.

Dirtgrain wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:17 am PatchAdamz, how do you get that tube/pipe modeled sound for the strings? I dig it.
Physical modeling my friend, physical modeling......

Ya, I have ableton Collision, which has tube and pipe settings for resonators. There is something similar in MSoundFactory?

Return to “Instruments”