Your opinion on the best Compressor (Klanghelm DC8C, Pro-C, Ozone8, H-Comp) ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

- DMG Audio Compassion (sooooooo powerful !)
- Kush Audio Novatron (easy to use, clean and full of life)
- Endeavor FX VSVC (yeah I know, surprising but I love this one, play with the "high" parameter and maybe you'll understand why I like it that much...^^)
- TDR Kotelnikov GE (sounds simply stunning)
- Vertigo Sound VSC2 (could be my go-to if it had a dry/wet)

Honorable mentions :
- Cytomic The Glue (very nice one, I use it on every mix)
- Toneboosters Bus Compressor (no matter what I try, it's the only compressor that seem to be able to do that "angry" compression sound)

If I had to keep only one I'd keep Compassion.

EDIT : forgot VSC2
Last edited by DJErmac on Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Halonmusic wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:48 pm Anyone like Density by bootsy? Love it on drumbusses.
Density is really nice, prefer it to a lot of payware.

I might add it though as the cpu is ridiculously low for what it does. I'm very happy mixing with only TuCo tho so I don't feel the need.

TuCo is so versatile, sounds amazing and uses next to no resources, it should get more mention.

I solely rely on 3 :
- Vertigo Sound VSC-3 : sounds lush no matter how I set it, like a huge sweet spot. It has replaced tons of previous processing efforrtlessly.
- DMG Audio TrackComp : especially found of both SSL models, the best I've heard. 76D now sounds bloody amazing as well.
- TDL Kotelnikov GE : transparent yet musical as hell. I know that one like the back of my hand, such an amazing unit.

Now I own a bunch of compressors. If I'm looking for explicit color, Vulf and Faraday by Goodhertz are among my faves.
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

s28 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:35 am
Halonmusic wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:48 pm Anyone like Density by bootsy? Love it on drumbusses.
Density is really nice, prefer it to a lot of payware.

I might add it though as the cpu is ridiculously low for what it does. I'm very happy mixing with only TuCo tho so I don't feel the need.

TuCo is so versatile, sounds amazing and uses next to no resources, it should get more mention.
Yes CPU is really low indeed. Ive been wanting to try TuCo for a while.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Mies wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:22 pm
LeVzi wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:20 am Loads of good suggestions, but throw in COMPassion from DMGAudio on top of that, that's very clean.
:tu: COMPassion (just updated today, incidentally) is a wonderful compressor, in fact as many compressors packed into one as one wants as it is nearly entirely configurable.
1.19 is the new version ? I can't find a changelog anywhere.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

nilhartman wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:14 am I solely rely on 3 :
- Vertigo Sound VSC-3 : sounds lush no matter how I set it, like a huge sweet spot. It has replaced tons of previous processing efforrtlessly.
- DMG Audio TrackComp : especially found of both SSL models, the best I've heard. 76D now sounds bloody amazing as well.
- TDL Kotelnikov GE : transparent yet musical as hell. I know that one like the back of my hand, such an amazing unit.

Now I own a bunch of compressors. If I'm looking for explicit color, Vulf and Faraday by Goodhertz are among my faves.
Good taste! Kotelnikov GE, DDMF MagicDeathEye and TrackComp are my only compressors these days. I'm hearing a lot of good stuff about VSC-3, sounds like it would be my thing but i can't really afford another one after the MDE purchase. I heard VSC-3 and MDE had some slight overlap in character and utility (ie huge lush sweet spot while still being fairly open and airy) but i haven't tried the demo yet. Agree with Kotelnikov GE, probably the most underrated plugin around.

Compressors i have many so i need to multicategorize em.

One for all ? No doubt - most close to perfect for me is dc8c. Switched to advanced mode after practice a lot is almost gold compressor where i tweak dynamics quickly. Disadvantages ? I guess lack of more ?dynamic control over saturation and saturation itself for me is not to understand how IT works ??? Dc8c4? More knee and sat control and custom rename option for easy modes. Please do this. I still dont know how sat works on this dc8c3. With pre SDRR dyna vst sat in chain with dc8c yessyyyy.

These TDR GE comps . Molot GE and Kotelnikov GE. Amazing but please rewrite them to c++ for killer CPU efficiency . For me TDR GE sound od similiar to Ozone 9 advanced comp but TDR Kotelnikov GE allow more not Multiband stuff

Underrated - actually version of reacomp with bug known as fake oversampling eliminated. Its kind of stripped down version of dc8c for me.
In Simple and Fast i always struggle between Reacomp and Melda Comp

Honorable mentions.

Acon Digital Comp. Sick surgery
TB bus Comp 3
Mcdsp 6060 / 6050
Plug&Mix Comp. This thing little thing is sick
Melda Turbo Comp set
Density 3 free bus Comp 32 bit

Molot GE - sick character precision tool.again

X-Tech wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:51 am These TDR GE comps . Molot GE and Kotelnikov GE. Amazing but please rewrite them to c++ for killer CPU efficiency .
That’s not how software engineering works

4 heroes:
TDR Kotelnikov GE
TDR Molot GE
Klanghelm DC1A (free)
Analog Obsession BusterSE (free)

These 4 will do everything to sound awesome.

Pro-C and MJUC for sure + Pulsar 1178 with extreme settings is no longer a compressor but a serious sound shaping machine, this thing makes me smile

I got loads of compressors, some clean, some with character.

I use Pro - C during creative process. The Glue and various waves ones during mixing and a couple I keep for mastering only.

I like 1176's a lot so I have a couple of them.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

DJErmac wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:15 pm
- Toneboosters Bus Compressor (no matter what I try, it's the only compressor that seem to be able to do that "angry" compression sound)

Seems like that is not true...

This compressor have no sound cause only manipulating volume of the sound
That's why i like it do much. If no sound
is sound that's why i like this sound

imrae wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:16 am
X-Tech wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:51 am These TDR GE comps . Molot GE and Kotelnikov GE. Amazing but please rewrite them to c++ for killer CPU efficiency .
That’s not how software engineering works
Phew...

Amazingly optimized code algorythms will be always few times faster in c++ than in most others except assembler stuff

Now tell story about soft enhinering...
Last edited by X-Tech on Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

X-Tech wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:40 pm
DJErmac wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:15 pm

Seems like that is not true...

This compressor have no sound cause only manipulating volume of the sound
That's why i like it do much. If no sound
is sound that's why i like this sound
Yes.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

The one and only compressor you need:
D13E75CC-C924-47B7-8400-490AD72CAA11.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Effects”