discoDSP Synths

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:35 am You know, the more I think about what George has done with this cloud service in regard to existing customers, the more I'm thinking this has to be flat out illegal.

If it were me, I'd be suing for not providing the product I paid for based on the purchase conditions at the time I purchased it.

This is so wrong I don't understand how anybody can justify and defend it.
welcome to 2019

I just issue a complaint to my bank or paypal and get my money back literally 100% of the time. Doesn't matter how long or what the circumstances. Done it 3 times this year.

whannel wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:55 pm Then again I didn't cry when Thorn went to PA, or when Bambi was shot when I was a little boy.
I can understand the lack of tears when Thorn migrated to PA,but to not cry when Bambi was shot in cold blood is just heartless :wink:
No auto tune...

ramseysounds wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:04 pm The scam is existing customers having to buy a further subscription to access already bought software. Do you see any other software devs doing that?
He's also deleting any posts on his DSP forum that he doesn't agree with. Very very tacky business approach.
Also you have to take into account that he didn’t promise how many updates there’s gonna be before the subscription ends. It’s not a prepay DLC kinda thing where you know exactly what you’re paying for.

digitalboytn wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:47 am
whannel wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:55 pm Then again I didn't cry when Thorn went to PA, or when Bambi was shot when I was a little boy.
I can understand the lack of tears when Thorn migrated to PA,but to not cry when Bambi was shot in cold blood is just heartless :wink:
There were minor differences in the way Dmitry and George reacted peoples feedback.

DS: I'm truly very sorry but this had to be done that I can continue and focus on making products. (he also made announcements via email)
GR: Fcuk you and burn in hell. I'll sue you.

Bambi was shot? Wasn‘t it its mother? :help:

martinjuenke wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:46 am

He was thinking of old yeller
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

I've suppressed the memory and altered the series of events, maybe I'm doing the same now who knows...
Nova II, FL20+Fire, Sytrus, Transistor Bass, DUNE 3, Thorn, Viper, ANA 2 SynthMaster, Discovery Pro, Reason, SugarBytes, SoundToys, LION, TRIAD, Plugin-Alliance, T-Racks, AmpliTube, MODO Drum/Bass, iZotope MPS 2.
One Day: FLEXXX, Alpha Forever, Diversion 2

Distorted Horizon wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:44 am
There were minor differences in the way Dmitry and George reacted peoples feedback.

DS: I'm truly very sorry but this had to be done that I can continue and focus on making products. (he also made announcements via email)
Yeah, George's public responses to criticism have been a big part of the problem. It's not like Nato.0+55-level hostility to the user, but he could use some help in the customer service department, for sure.

Just deleted all my discoDSP stuff recently and the bad taste in the mouth is gone. :D
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

I was just quoting the other guy about Bambi...

I'm not sure what version he saw :)
No auto tune...

digitalboytn wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:08 am I was just quoting the other guy about Bambi...

I'm not sure what version he saw :)
Yeah but your chat reminded me of the difference :)

martinjuenke wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:46 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHOA_XtENW8
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Distorted Horizon wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:44 am There were minor differences in the way Dmitry and George reacted peoples feedback.

What a moronic comparison. Here's how I see this drama queen clown driven festival:

- Customer: I don't want to pay 14 EUR for 1 year upgrades of all my products and extended file downloads that were previously free as courtesy.
- Me: Fine Sir, have a good day and GTFO my business if you don't demonstrate loyalty and real support.

What's the reality? TONS of EXISTING customers have PAID for Cloud :roll: and they are very happy with it and getting latest Bliss, Discovery Pro, etc. updates for a CHEAPER price plus 1 year more of free updates and installer downloads.

It seems some little boys got their money feelings hurt. Well... that's life. Deal with it. Oh, and continue this senseless drama thread until it gets locked.

discoDSP wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:09 pm What's the reality? TONS of EXISTING customers have PAID for Cloud :roll: and they are very happy with it and getting latest Bliss, Discovery Pro, etc. updates for a CHEAPER price plus 1 year more of free updates and installer downloads.
And that's the difference between the real people out there, and the people on internet forums. ;) Always knew it, always get it confirmed at some point. A minority, which is extremely vocal, and loud about their minority opinion.

Anyway, i don't get the fuss anyway. If i'm unhappy with something, i'll do the right thing, and don't buy. So easy, and you don't have to stalk people online either. But then, most, if not all of this is power, and influencing others anyway.

discoDSP wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:09 pm GTFO my business if you don't demonstrate loyalty and real support.
Holy moly.

Can you direct me to the altar at which I must prostrate myself to the mighty DiscoDsp? I’d hate to think insufficient loyalty was being demonstrated.

Return to “Instruments”